Game Thread 2022-23 Game #13 BLAZERS @ MAVERICKS - NOVEMBER 12, 2022 - SATURDAY - 5:30 PM (PDT) ROOT

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Chris Craig, Nov 11, 2022.

1. MadeFromDust

MadeFromDust Well-Known Member

IMO Simons will turn out to be a CJ McCollum level player who is a perennial borderline level all-star type of player, in which there certainly is no shame in that. But he definitely should be no more than a 2nd or 3rd option on a really good team. The only player on the roster as of now that I think can be better than him is Sharpe and that's probably a bit of a longshot, but the potential is there.

I'd love to be wrong and see Ant take bigger strides though.

2. Pinwheel1

Pinwheel1 Well-Known Member

Agree. He does need to be the 2nd or 3rd option. I think everyone agrees with that. But I am guessing most do not see Sharpe as a long shot to be the guy in 3 years. I think it is more of a slam dunk. (assuming he stays healthy)

3. MadeFromDust

MadeFromDust Well-Known Member

I agree on Sharpe however I've been learning to keep my expectations in check for younger players. I can't count how many times over the years a guy comes into the league and has all the tools to be a top 5 player but ends up amounting to very little. It takes a lot to be a star in this league. Let's hope that Shaedon is on his way.