Game Thread 2022-23 Game #21 BLAZERS VS CLIPPERS - NOVEMBER 29, 2022 - TUESDAY - 7:00 PM (PDT) TNT

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Chris Craig, Nov 26, 2022.

1. AldoTrapani

AldoTrapani Well-Known Member

In all seriousness Chauncey Billups is a terrible coach

FlashWad and Bingo Bango like this.
  2. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

He is. Fucking terrible.

AldoTrapani and Bingo Bango like this.
  3. Tince

Tince Well-Known Member

I don't get the challenge gripe. It was a charage. Had it been called a block, I think there would be enough evidence to overturn it and call it a charge. No way it was going to be conclusive evidence it was a block. It was a bad decision by Grant to go at a stationary Jackson. The Blazers bench surely had multiple coaches looking at a replay, knowing it was Grant's 6th foul. I think the fact that they didn't challenge should be confirmation how it was clearly the correct call on the floor.

THE HCP and PCmor7 like this.
  4. B-Roy

B-Roy If it takes months

There's probably a time where Walker will start playing over Watford or Winslow, but Chauncey has to play the other two first.

Fairly-Hard likes this.
  5. PCmor7

PCmor7 Generational Poster

Saying this for years
    Ant needs to learn how to create his own shot. I fear he's going to be that guy that gets points when opposing teams aren't serious about defense but when they decide to D up for real he doesn't know what to do.

And Justise ... I can see why so many teams have gotten rid of him. He does a lot of good little things. His problem is when he forgets he's not a scorer. When we had the big lead, I think we had a chance to go up 20 and Justise decided to try to take a tough, quick, unnecessary shot early in the shot clock that missed badly and led to an easy bucket for the Clips early on the other end. Later in the game he got lucky and banked one in down the stretch but fired up a 3 that again wasn't close.

We just played dumb with a big lead. We don't understand that we're a good team but only when we play intelligently and hard. We got lazy on offense and thought we had this won and settled for a lot of one-on-one, no-movement garbage and got taken down at home by the Clippers B squad.

Not the kind of performance that makes one confident in what these team can do in big games even when Dame is back.

6. MickZagger

MickZagger Well-Known Member

UPS
    That last one’s iffy. It’s a scorers league.

7. OneSport3

OneSport3 The Knowledge Hoarder

Yeah, it’s so easy to make shots when the other 4 guys on the court aren’t shooters so he’s being face guarded. Gimme a break.

HailBlazers and B-Roy like this.
  8. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

He should play over Watford. Watford is pathetic.

9. Quatro44

Quatro44 Well-Known Member

Just plain terrible tonight, you can’t let a team come back like that on your home floor

10. UKRAINEFAN

UKRAINEFAN Well-Known Member

un-retired
    We got a problem on the bench. Sharpe not shooting well lately and always iffy on defense. Little now injured and trending down even before that, Watford just not looking good. Eubanks pretty decent but Billups didn't want to play him against a small lineup? Walker must not be showing a lot in practice? And where is Payton? (BTW, let me start making a mountain out of a molehill. Just something to watch, but everytime I see Payton on the bench trying to make contact with another Blazer they seem to be freezing him out..._)

11. Idog1976

Idog1976 Well-Known Member

I look to the stars.
    Apparently this escaped Billups.

BlazerBeav likes this.
  12. Ripcity4life77

Ripcity4life77 Well-Known Member

I have a couple things to say ....

1) When did Winslow become a real option and not a garbage type player aka someone who gets rebounds and goes back up etc NOT someone we friggin run plays for
    2) The last shot not going to lie not even Dame would have taken that shot UNLESS at the end of the shot clock etc ( Ant shot )
    3 ) Who the HELL is designing these plays out of timeout cause if that Ant shot was the call then that coach needs to be FIRED right F'ing NOW
    4) We need Dame back ASAP
    5) I know Dame being out hurts but what has changed from when this team started hot too now when they have reverted back to last year w/o Dame ( ok maybe better but when it counts it's as bad as last year )

WTF Did i just watch out there cause the last half of the 4th to 4th was a class book example on HOW THE FUCK not to run your offense but i will give some credit to the clips they made some shots and Norm got hot but still -- WTF

BlazerBeav, Idog1976 and illmatic99 like this.
  13. B-Roy

B-Roy If it takes months

Clippers were also great at targeting Simons on defense. Every possession in the 4th went after Simons and they scored almost every time. Simons had to play 43 minutes, carry the entire burden on offense, and then also expected to be engaged on every defensive possession. Yeah this loss isn't on him, we need better balance in the rotation, it's just hard with all our injuries - plus most of our bench guys are challenged offensive players.

BBert, UKRAINEFAN and OneSport3 like this.
  14. PCmor7

PCmor7 Generational Poster

Saying this for years
    I thought it was pretty clear he'd have lost that challenge. I can see that you think that maybe the 5% chance they'd overturn it was the Blazers' only hope, but, to me, that's like throwing away the challenge/time out.

James lamphear and UKRAINEFAN like this.
  15. B-Roy

B-Roy If it takes months

Everyone is saying play Sharpe but the most like scenario with Sharpe out there is that he also misses a bunch of shots, loses a bunch of rotations on defense, and we probably lose by more.

Labinot41 likes this.
  16. Sean.ivity

Sean.ivity Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

Photographer / Videographer
    Yeah seems like most are in agreement, I was not a fan of that line up after Grant got fouled out.

Quatro44 and Chris Craig like this.
  17. UKRAINEFAN

UKRAINEFAN Well-Known Member

un-retired
    Isn't this a roster problem?

18. MickZagger

MickZagger Well-Known Member

UPS
    He won us a playoff game. Dropped 43 when no one else could do a damn thing. Problem was they had him playing the 3. He’s about as prototypical of a 2 guard as there is.

BBert likes this.
  19. Chris Craig

4-5 at home

20. DDolla

DDolla Well-Known Member

Ant like CJ, can‘t attack the basket and get to the FT line and stop the other team momentum.