Game Thread 2022-23 Game #41 - BLAZERS VS CAVALIERS - JANUARY 12, 2023 - THURSDAY - 7:00 PM (PDT) ROOT

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Chris Craig, Jan 10, 2023.

1. Bingo Bango

Bingo Bango Well-Known Member

You do realize even if Portland tanks they may not get Wembenyama? You do realize that, right?

2. Sloth

Sloth Lazy Bastard

Self-employed
    Night in and night out, the NBA has very thin margins as far as who gets the dub and who does not. We played well in several stretches last night, but again did not make the plays down the stretch that we needed to. Even when we got up in double digits a few times, I still didn't feel comfortable we would hold on and/or put them away.

Dame was great obviously, but Nurk and Hart were shit which basically negated that.

Cleveland is the better team tbh and think they will make a run in the playoffs. Key word there being 'team'; they fought for each other, whereas I do still think we try to be too individualistic if you will.

On to two games against Dallas....

We shall see. I still love you though Blazers!

3. James lamphear

James lamphear Well-Known Member

You I been watching the spurs play this year and even though there not winning many games this year there still more enjoyable to watch then Blazers. Because majority of the time they play the right way on offense. Everyone involved and they fight like hell in games. Plus they got bench that's put 43 points a game. They got a lot young players in mix some veterans. I hate to say it but it's time to break the blazers up and start over again with quality of young players if that's if you have to trade Dame so be it because right now the way this team is assembled the future does not look bright.

4. Fairly-Hard

Fairly-Hard Former Member Gone New!

Guess it depends on what you are expecting out of this team? If they make a trade and it improves them to a playoff level and then they play a good series in the first round is that acceptable? If they win in the first round in 7 games and lose in the second round is that a good season?
    What level of success is "Fixed"?
    Fixing the roster will take multiple moves. One move at a time is usually how that happens. They need a good move here in the next month.

UKRAINEFAN and THE HCP like this.
  5. James lamphear

The individual play hasn't changed on this team and it won't change until either they trade those types players away or they hire a coach that holds there players accountable by playing as a team and if not you be getting the same results.

6. illmatic99

illmatic99 formerly yuyuza1

Sorry i thought someone mentioned he was 1 for 19 or 3 for 25 or something. Didnt bother looking up myself.

blazerkor likes this.
  7. James lamphear

You can believe that but this team don't play as a team there to many individual types on this team looking for there stats. Plus if you don't play the defense end well you usually going be on the wrong side of things anyway.

8. blazerfan11

blazerfan11 Well-Known Member

Cleveland's backcourt is working isn't it?

Is the major difference between the Trail Blazers and the Cavaliers, the backcourt, or the rest of the players?

i'm going to say it's the rest of the players.

if you could choose one player to swap to the trailblazers, would it be Anfernee Simmons for Donovan Mitchell?

9. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

People have to be watching these games. Dame set people up and they blew open looks and then Dame set people up and they refused to take open looks, instead rotating the ball and by people I mean Hart, Grant and Ant multiple times. A few times Dame got a guy an open look and the dude passed it right back to Dame who had a defender near him when the guy Dame set up was wide open.

Dame does not need to pass more this season. It's actually the opposite. The thing that needs to happen more with this team is that they take the first good shot instead of pretending that Chauncey has the same mandate on his team that the coach in "Hoosiers" had on his. There is no specific number of passes that need to take place per possession. We just want to see a lot more guys moving off the ball and some more ball movement than we've seen in years past. Obviously the overpassing is an issue, the best evidence of that is our ridiculous amount of turnovers.

10. OneSport3

OneSport3 The Knowledge Hoarder

Before he hit the 2 3s in the 2nd half last night, he was shooting 1-19 in the previous 3.5 games. After last night’s game he is 3-24 in the last 4 games.

11. Cugel

Cugel The epitome of mediocrity

Canvas Repairman
    assists were low last night because of missed shots

UKRAINEFAN, blazerkor and BBert like this.
  12. Fairly-Hard

It has been said that the difference in talent between a contender and lottery team is a very slim margin.

13. Fairly-Hard

Again it seems like these kinds of comments are based solely on what you consider "Fixed"

14. Fairly-Hard

Nah that's a copout. This team is full of team players.

15. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

I keep seeing people post similar opinions that they are realizing that Ant is too similar or identical to CJ and it won’t work with him in the backcourt. Honest question, how in the hell did you guys not see this years ago, or even in training camp?

16. THE HCP

You must be new here.

Bingo Bango and Tince like this.
  17. Tince

Tince Well-Known Member

I was being sarcastic/attempting to imitate one of our fine posters who pushed back when some were saying this wasn't a contending team 2 months ago. I do see why the sarcasm wasn't obvious though, I should've added green font.

I do get the feeling I'm higher on the team than the majority though. Not because my stance has change much, but because others stances have changed drastically.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2023
    Fairly-Hard likes this.
  18. Tince

Tince Well-Known Member

How much weight do you put into a 200 or 1000 attempt sample size vs a 25 attempt sample size? Personally, I put a lot more weight on the % in the last 200 attempts than I do the last 25.

19. THE HCP

Nope, I’d bring Mobley to town over any of them.

CJ_is_Gone likes this.
  20. OneSport3

OneSport3 The Knowledge Hoarder

Obviously a larger sample size will be more accurate and optimal. I was merely pointing out that he has been struggling immensely in the last week.

BBert and Tince like this.