Game Thread 2022-23 Game #44 - BLAZERS @ NUGGETS - JANUARY 17, 2023 - TUESDAY - 6:00 PM (PDT) ROOT

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Chris Craig, Jan 15, 2023.

1. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

What agenda will they say I have besides getting a player that will help this team more than Nurk does? Therefore the agenda is for the team we all love being better.

Fairly-Hard likes this.
  2. Fairly-Hard

Fairly-Hard Former Member Gone New!

I agree.

blazerkor likes this.
  3. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

How did you not realize the lack of size on this team back in September?

4. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

Is he really only 6’8? Man then Jerami must be 6’6?

5. blazerkor

I've known about it since Joe had his preseason presser and said that this roster was not complete but he was done making moves and he would be watching, evaluating and then making moves both near the trade deadline and in the upcoming off season. I was complaining about not having a backup big.

I predicted 46 wins figuring we'd be around where we are right now and that we would make some big moves around the deadline that balanced the roster and moved players that didn't fit together for more complementary pieces. I understand that the talent we have right now is not where it needs to be to contend but I would like to see the roster composition make sense when it comes to skill sets being complementary and having the players with the right size and athleticism to run what Chauncey is trying to run.

If those moves are made then I think we're a 46 win team that will compete to make the playoffs without the play in and could even win their first round series, hell this year with how much parity there is we could end up making a run further into the playoffs than that but I wouldn't expect it.

6. BBert

BBert Weasels Ripped My Flesh

Selfless Public Servant
    Just getting a long power forward who has the ability to guard in space, thereby moving Grant to SF and leaving Nurk to protect the paint, should help the team in so may ways.

HomerLovesKoolAid likes this.
  7. blazerkor

They were drafted in the same year and both had all of their measurements taken. Jerami was one inch shorter than Gordon both with shoes and without. I have no idea why Jerami is listed as the same height as Gordon.

8. blazerkor

Unless Chauncey continues to ask everyone to switch everything. Then you will still have Nurk out in space... when you have the least mobile starting big in the league, you don't run a switch everything man to man and a zone that has him away from the hoop. I'm not saying Chauncey's defensive principles are wrong they're just not made for Nurk, in my opinion.

Obviously if the move is to get a bigger athletic starting PF by trading Ant we will be more balanced and the roster will make more sense but Nurk will continue to struggle. I'm also pretty frustrated that a change in coach hasn't changed the unacceptable nonsense Nurk pulls, like both too fancy and lazy passing and not taking the ball up strong but instead flipping it up there like he always has. When you're that big there just isn't ever a reason for the shit he pulls when he gets the ball in the restricted area.

BBert likes this.
  9. HomerLovesKoolAid

HomerLovesKoolAid I have a well-known member.

They're made for guys like Sheed and John Salley.

blazerkor likes this.