Game Thread 2022-23 Game #5 BLAZERS VS HEAT - OCTOBER 26, 2022 - WEDNESDAY - 7:00 PM (PDT) ROOT

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Chris Craig, Oct 23, 2022.

1. Wade Garrett

Wade Garrett Exactly right.

Obviously, due to my job I miss all the home games so I watch when I get home.
    It is very difficult to do.
    At least I sometimes get to see myself as the players come down my hallway so that's kinda cool!!

2. CJ_is_Gone

CJ_is_Gone Well-Known Member

$10M a year IS a MLE contract (actually it's $10.5M)
    https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2022/02/updated-mid-level-bi-annual-projections-for-2022-23.html

What Little received is slightly below the Tax-MLE ($6.5M)
    It will not be that difficult to move if needed.

3. PCmor7

PCmor7 Generational Poster

Saying this for years
    Eh, not going to go into an emotional spiral over this. Heat weren't playing well coming in, but that's a quality team that was due to start shooting better. We got thrown off schedule when Ant got the 2 early fouls and then Dame's injury was the final nail ... what the Blazers have in depth and balance this season can mask that Dame and Ant really have to carry the scoring load at times and we're short on top-level ballhandlers, especially with GPII out. We have a number of guys that can dribble and initiate offense, more than maybe I can remember, but not guys quite at the point that they can be trusted against a great defensive team.

Just want Lillard to be OK. And, on the positive side, Shaedon got extended run and continues to look good.

4. UKRAINEFAN

UKRAINEFAN Well-Known Member

un-retired
    I hope this game helped Blazers realize that they are not an elite team unless everyone is giving 100% on defense, focused and intense. I thought especially Lillard, Simons and Grant did not come out with that. Little, as usual, still seems confused on defense.

lamlor likes this.
  5. blazerfan11

blazerfan11 Well-Known Member

If there's anything that can count as a good loss, that was it. Losing to a Eastern Conference team early in the season that taught the Blazers a few lessons.
    I'm not going to say there will be good things from Lillard being injured for one game, but that is possible. For him though, I wish he could have played the entire game against Miami.

SharpeScooterShooter likes this.
  6. blazerfan11

And they can't be shut down by a zone defense and get stagnant with lots of turnovers.

UKRAINEFAN likes this.
  7. blazerfan11

Shaedon makes some plays that are elite, definitely for a guy of his age and experience. He continues to sky for rebounds, not something talked about before he was drafted.
    That one play where he outjumped everyone for the rebound out by the free throw line (I think it was there) then went to the hole and put it in. Who does that? Nobody on our team. Shaedon has some cajones/confidence for sure. He just needs more playing time.

8. beast crnjo

beast crnjo Well-Known Member

How can a backup be a weak link? Nurk has reverted back to the version of himself that denver wanted to give away. I wish we had plumlee back...

9. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Ant will start at the one...Hart will slide to the 2 and Winslow will slide to the 3....Sharpe will come off the bench as a 6 man.

42N8Bounce, swish3, BBert and 2 others like this.
  10. PDXFonz

PDXFonz I’m listening

And there’s no way you don’t know the result.

11. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

Damn, you made it personal.

julius likes this.
  12. PCmor7

Saying this for years
    Was on the record early last season that I thought he was the best talent in the draft. Still think that. The only thing that's changed is that Banchero's better than I thought he'd be, so there's competition at the top.

He's so smooth and poised. Never has looked rushed. He does things in terms of body control that only elite guys do. I see some Brandon Roy in his game. I also see some Kawhi. Just a unique talent.

I don't think Chauncey will start Sharpe against Houston, but I hope he does. I'd really just like to see how he performs in that role.

BBert and SharpeScooterShooter like this.
  13. Wade Garrett

Wade Garrett Exactly right.

How can a backup be a weak link?..
    Well first off, wasn't he supposed to contend for a starters job?
    Not good enough.
    And, when he is in the game he is an overwhelming "meh" at best.
    That's how.
    Hopefully, once GPII and Trendon are playing, Little will rack up the "DNP Coaches decision" in the box score.

riverman likes this.
  14. BBert

BBert Weasels Ripped My Flesh

Selfless Public Servant
    As it should be.

riverman likes this.
  15. 1 Eye Jack

1 Eye Jack Well-Known Member

Vice President for Display company
    Wish we had
    Shaedon definitely has the “it” factor. Watched that short summer league game and then first couple of reg season games I worried he might have to much Batum in him but seeing him play now I see something completely different. He’s just very calm on the court, moves differently than other players like the game is in slow motion for him. Couple of examples, up and under move he used, stealing the ball from LeBron as he drove the paint, defender running at him on 3 pt line he fakes takes side dribble and pulls up for clean look at 3. Then his D is really good almost always in the right spot, rotations and anticipation are really good. If he learns from Dame and stays humble I truly believe we have a guy who could be top 5 NBA player in the next 5 years. And I’m not one to over hype, thought they exact same thing about BRoy (although not top 5 player but top player)

16. PCmor7

Saying this for years
    What's funny is Batum looked out of his depth in summer league, too, and seamlessly was in the rotation from Day 1 of the season.

1 Eye Jack and Fairly-Hard like this.
  17. KSF-ERIC

KSF-ERIC Well-Known Member

I maintain we win this game if Dame didn’t get hurt. Dame had just cut the deficit to 9 in the third quarter. The way he had been playing, it’s reasonable to believe we would’ve won. Heat are still trash. They just lost to the Kings. Top 3 in East? Um no. Milwaukee/Atlanta/Boston. Not to mention Cleveland.