Game Thread 2022-23 Game #54 - TRAIL BLAZERS VS BUCKS - FEBRUARY 6, 2023 - MONDAY - 7:00 PM (PDT) ROOT, NBATV

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Chris Craig, Feb 4, 2023.

1. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

I didn't watch the game last night but was surprised that Shaedon could play for 24 minutes and not score?

2. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

Not very surprising for a 19 year old rookie. He’ll hopefully learn from nights like this.

Hoopguru likes this.
  3. Tince

Tince Well-Known Member

You just listed % and then said made 3's is NOT the issue. Dame and Simons have far more made 3's than Nurk, so making enough is the issue.

4. BBert

BBert Weasels Ripped My Flesh

Selfless Public Servant
    Nurk's 3 point percentage is good -- on uncontested 3 pointers. There's no fucking way Nurk can make threes under the kind of pressure Dame and Ant face. I don't even know why this is a point of discussion.

THE HCP and Fairly-Hard like this.
  5. Fairly-Hard

Fairly-Hard Former Member Gone New!

It’s not really. The original post was not supposed to be serious. At least I don’t think so? Kinda was a snarky sarcastic tone type post?

BBert likes this.
  6. Ed O

Ed O Administrator Staff Member Administrator

We tale Grant off this team and we take Sharpe off of this team, then the team has a couple more wins with Grant.

Both of those are non-playoff teams, and that ALONE makes Sharpe more valuable than Grant. That Sharpe makes a fraction of what Grant does and that he's on a rookie scale contract just augments that.

It's not a wild take if one takes net present value into account, rather than just who is a better player right now.

And I'd much rather have Duren than Grant. He is a bigger and about a decade younger. Cheaper. All the things that the team needs as we look to the future, and shoots 66% from the field while getting TWICE as many rebounds per game in 2/3 of the minutes.

Tince likes this.
  7. Ed O

Ed O Administrator Staff Member Administrator

If you disagree and think Grant is helping this team be where it wants to be, then you're living in some sort of fantasy world.

You know that we're playing our top players 35+ minutes a game and we're still outside of the play-in tourney, right? You know that's the real world, right?

TBpup likes this.
  8. Tince

Tince Well-Known Member

How much Grant makes has nothing to do with how much of a difference maker he is. If we're switching your stance from difference maker to value, then that's a different discussion. Sharpe will be the 15th young future star on this roster in the last two decades. The problem is we've only ended up with 3-4 stars in that time period.

It sounds like we're defining difference maker differently. Grant is a top 50 difference maker in my eyes. 4-5 extra wins a year is a big deal for a player to add.

Does Sharpe have the potential to be better than Grant down the road? Of course. Is there a real possibility he's never as good as Grant is today? Of course.

blazedanugz likes this.
  9. Bingo Bango

Bingo Bango Well-Known Member

Has he made a difference? If so, I haven’t noticed it.

10. blazedanugz

blazedanugz Well-Known Member

you know that since day 1 of of Cronin taking over the job, he has said we are a work in progress. We are not a championship team, we know we aren’t good enough, we still have a lot of work to do. Jerami grant is a great piece. He’s the best wing we’ve had since..I don’t know when. I’m sorry your patience is running thin. I sympathize with you…I want us to be better right away too but this is the NBA. We got grant for a first round pick…grant is absolutely helping this team. If you can’t see that then I don’t know what to tell you

11. blazedanugz

do you not watch the games?

Fairly-Hard and HailBlazers like this.
  12. CJ_is_Gone

CJ_is_Gone Well-Known Member

I think it's debatable that Grant is the best wing that Portland has had in multiple years. I know Aminu gets a lot of hate here, but his impact on the game is similar to Grants.
    Grant is without a doubt better at scoring & dribbling (which gets noticed more by people). Aminu was a much better defender & rebounder (which is always under-appreciated).

13. blazedanugz

I would like to take a poll on who the better player is/was

Fairly-Hard likes this.
  14. Fairly-Hard

Fairly-Hard Former Member Gone New!

This is just nuts. You can't honestly believe that.
    By the way their "Impact" is not similar at all.