Game Thread 2022-23 Game #61 - TRAIL BLAZERS @ WARRIORS - FEBRUARY 28th, 2023 - TUESDAY - 7:00 PM (PDT) ROOT

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Chris Craig, Feb 26, 2023.

1. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    We’ve been pretty bad with and without Nurk. Maybe our defensive rating is higher but wins/losses pretty much the same.

It wasn’t world beating with him.

It’s happened twice, I think. Against the Lakers and last night against the Warriors.

We were NOT the more talented team last night. We trotted out our summer league team for much of the game. Klay, Poole, Looney, Green, DiVincenzo are a better 5 than we had and then you have Kuminga too. Plus, for whatever reason, they’ve been dominant at home even when Curry doesn’t play.

Agreed. It’s confusing. We were all pretty much resigned to tanking. Then Dame said no and scored 71. Then last night happens. If we don’t go at LEAST 4-3 over the next 7, pull the fucking plug, it ain’t happening.

Yes and it went badly. However he also coached the Suns team that went 48-34 and missed the playoffs.

Do they have summer league?

Stacey Augmon? Also- not sure why Aminu is never part of these discussions.

2. BlazerBeav

BlazerBeav Well-Known Member

I'm all for being critical of roster moves, but Wiseman is a complete and total bust and if anyone should know a big man bust, it's the Blazers.

3. illmatic99

illmatic99 formerly yuyuza1

Thats fine. I'm not really thrilled on Wisemam either. We coulda had Bey too. But chose an expiring contract instead.

4. UKRAINEFAN

UKRAINEFAN Well-Known Member

un-retired
    Well, didn't he start the same guys in the second half that started the game and did so well?

Tince likes this.
  5. UKRAINEFAN

UKRAINEFAN Well-Known Member

un-retired
    I think they are trying to stay somewhat flexible in hopes of making a big move in the summer. Unfortunately it's hard to imagine who they could get. I still think that Siakam is the only guy remotely available who could really help but it seems that Toronto is either not willing to deal him or only for an unreasonable price. It's almost as if Blazers are hoping that there will be some unforeseen event and somebody new will become available.

6. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

There is like... zero height on that roster.

7. handiman

handiman Well-Known Member

If considering Aminu and Augmon, I would include Batum. Versatile bigger players who could cover the perimeter. But they're not guards.

Fairly-Hard and BBert like this.