Game Thread 2022-23 Game #65 - BLAZERS @ PISTONS - MARCH 6, 2023 - MONDAY - 4:00 PM (PDT) ROOT

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Chris Craig, Mar 2, 2023.

1. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

If you used common sense you wouldn't have had that expectation. That's a you problem.

2. rotary111

rotary111 Well-Known Member

Real Estate.
    I understand what your saying.

Imo. He's saying he's reacting instead of thinking. Overthinking it is what Meyers did.

3. robe

robe Member

So, what expectation should I have? I mean, as a fan of this team?

Do I care about Lillard being scoring champion? I would mean as much as Summer League Championship.
    That is so much fun! Blazers wasted Dame's prime and now they are wasting first year of Sharpe. This is so much fun:)

blazerfan11 and illmatic99 like this.
  4. BBert

BBert Weasels Ripped My Flesh

Selfless Public Servant
    Hart has been stealing Dame's rebounds all season. Good riddance ya crummy stat stuffer.

5. BBert

Selfless Public Servant
    Your mom's untouchable.

FAMS!

THE HCP likes this.
  6. Fairly-Hard

Fairly-Hard Former Member Gone New!

7. Fairly-Hard

Trap game for the Celtics but they have lost 3 straight so my bet is they will want the game. They just played a double OT vs the Knicks and went on the road for a B2B OT game vs the Cavs. Then back home for one game and back on the road for 6 games including one in Portland. Brutal stretch for the Celtics for sure.

8. Pinwheel1

Pinwheel1 Well-Known Member

I am not concerned with his BBIQ. I know last, week he mentioned that he did not know all the plays yet, but that is a short-term issue. I was actually thinking before I read your post that he looks to have pretty decent BB instincts.

On an unrelated note, I like the way he makes the simple pass. This skill is certainly not as important as other skills, but when he passes to an open player (i.e Dame) there is nothing lazy about it. The pass is firm and right to their chest. I hate some of the nonchalant passes others make. He also seems to use his wing span well. 7'1" wing is nothing special but he seems to get his hands on balls that I didn't think he could reach.

blazerfan11 likes this.
  9. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

Sharpe played 21 minutes and took two shots, he needs to crank it up a bit and be more confident offensively. He's athletic as hell and has skills but he needs a mean streak to counter his played back play.
    Robin Williams was spectacular and unique as a comedian but very shy and quite normally as he had to recharge his batteries to perform.
    She one minute can amaze and then he plays very cautious and played back, that won't work in the NBA. I really thought after all star break we would see him more comfortable and aggressive then he's showing.

10. Labinot41

Labinot41 Well-Known Member

next six games:

@ Celtics
    @ 76ers
    @ Pelicans
    vs Knicks
    vs Celtics
    vs Clippers

i can easily see a six game losing streak coming

blazerkor likes this.
  11. andalusian

andalusian Season - Restarted

82-0 FAM.

THE HCP likes this.
  12. Labinot41

Labinot41 Well-Known Member

we absolutely need a top pick in order to give ourselves a chance to complete for a title, give me that god damn losing streak, i don't give a fuck about this season anymore

AngryFan likes this.
  13. DDolla

DDolla Well-Known Member

I once predicted wins and loses here and some Admin jump on me quick and that I’m not a fan

AngryFan likes this.
  14. Fairly-Hard

Well if it was "Admin" who cares? Most have fleas anyway?

DDolla likes this.
  15. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

just how is the first year of Sharpe being wasted?

He's averaged over 20 minutes in 64 games. He's played 1307 minutes. CJ played 476 minutes as a 22 year old rookie and nobody has said he had a wasted season. Simons played 141 minutes as a rookie the same age as Sharpe. Gary Trent Jr. played 111 minutes as a rookie who was a year older than Sharpe, and Trent averaged 34 minutes at Duke in his one & done season.

Sharpe will end up playing more minutes this season than CJ, Simons, and Trent played in their first two seasons. At his current pace, Sharpe will play 1670 minutes as a 19 year old rookie. Tyrese Haiburton played 1746 as a 20 year old rookie after a 57 game career averaging 35 minutes over two seasons at Iowa State. Jrue Holiday played 1767 minutes as a rookie. Khris Middleton played 476 minutes as a rookie. Pat Connaughton played 459 minutes over his first two seasons. Jaylen Brown played 1341 minutes after playing a full season at Cal. Tyrese Maxey played 931 minutes; James Harden 1738 minutes; Caris LeVert 1231 minutes; Jalen Brunson 1591 minutes after a 116 game career at Villanova; Jimmy Butler 359 minutes; Kyle Lowry 175 minutes; Dejounte Murray played 322 minutes as a rooke, and 1743 in his 2nd season; DeMar DeRozan played 1664 minutes

if Sharpe ends up around 1670 minutes I fail to see how his growth has been limited. He's getting consistent minutes in a consistent role. And it's not like he has obviously earned more minutes by his play, production, or efficiency. He's 13th on the team in PER, worse than Jabar Walker. 12th on the team in TS%; 15th on the team in FT rate; 14th in rebound rate; 16th in assist rate; 14th in winshares/48; and 13th in BPM. See a trend?

nothing about any of that say "wasted season". It actually says the opposite to me. Sharpe is not performing particularly well but the Blazers are doing their best to squeeze in his developmental minutes

16. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

Yeah 20 minutes per game is actually more than I thought he'd get this year.

17. robe

robe Member

Nice numbers, as always, Wiz. You want to share, why you forget about Lillard rookie season?

18. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

Lillard was a 22 year old rookie on a team with no point guard. Of course he was going to start.

UKRAINEFAN likes this.
  19. robe

robe Member

Guy was number 7, Blazers are in total mess and he get 2 shots against tanking Pistons.

20. BBert

Selfless Public Servant
    Dame played 4 years of college. And he's Dame. Shae was drafted at no. 7 for his potential, not to contribute immediately. Give the guy a full season and a full off season, then expect lottery pick rookie numbers. We can start bashing the guy if he doesn't perform during his third season. I think Shae is blessed to get the on court training he's getting at 19 years old. And so are we.

riverman likes this.