Game Thread 2022-23 Game #72 - BLAZERS @ JAZZ - MARCH 22, 2023 - WEDNESDAY - 6:00 PM (PDT) ROOT

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Chris Craig, Mar 20, 2023.

1. TBpup

TBpup Writing Team

Investment Management / Financial Planner
    [​IMG]

THE HCP likes this.
  2. Tince

Tince Well-Known Member

Curious how you define "aren't a good backcourt" and if you felt Dame and CJ fell in that same category.

Like most pairings, they are not perfect. Would I take a Dame/Ant backcourt over a majority of the other backcourts in the league? Yes.

3. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

The gravity of that pairing all rests on Dame. Just like the gravity of the Dame/CJ pairing all rested on Dame. Simons is as relevant in that equation as much as CJ was, which was not much at all. Yes, he can do a couple of things well like shoot from the edges. But there's no real reason to say Simons is integral to the pairing. He's the player you plug-in because poor management has left you no better alternative

I mean, in many very real ways, a Dame/Hart pairing would be better than a Dame/Ant pairing; just like Dame/Matthews was better that Dame/CJ.

look at it another way: how good a back court would CJ/Ant be? And would anybody really try to defend keeping that pairing?

there are dozens of players in the NBA who would very likely be better fits at SG next to Dame than Ant. Their availability, or lack of, is the only recommendation for Dame/Ant

CJ_is_Gone likes this.
  4. BBert

BBert Weasels Ripped My Flesh

Selfless Public Servant
    Ant (not counting our pick) is our best available trade chip. If not traded, he's 6th man of the year material.

CJ_is_Gone likes this.