Game Thread 2022-23 Game #75 - BLAZERS VS PELICANS - MARCH 27, 2023 - MONDAY - 7:00 PM (PDT) ROOT

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Chris Craig, Mar 26, 2023.

1. handiman

handiman Well-Known Member

As with most of your posts, you have no clue what a fact actually is.

Fairly-Hard likes this.
  2. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

I didn't say it was his fault. I implied he wasn't good enough to alter the trajectory of the team, and he wasn't

THE HCP likes this.
  3. wizenheimer

making it that far, 3 or 4 times in 9 years, and actually winning games there would not be mediocrity

making it that far only once and then getting swept in the WCF was mediocrity, especially considering that in the 2 years before that WCF year, and the 2 years after, Portland was 4-16 in the playoffs. That's mediocrity squared

HomerLovesKoolAid likes this.
  4. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

LINK?

BBert likes this.
  5. THE HCP

Nobody is questioning that. They were our TWO best players, so they will receive no blame for us not winning rings is all I’m saying.

BBert and blazerkor like this.
  6. THE HCP

You seen our trajectory since he left FAMS?

7. THE HCP

What do you call what we are doing NOW? I miss mediocrity.

8. Bingo Bango

Bingo Bango Well-Known Member

So you think an NBA team is going to give Portland a star player for a rookie who may or may not work out? That’s absurd. Ain’t gonna happen.

Fairly-Hard likes this.
  9. wizenheimer

I call what Portland is doing now a result of the absolute necessary dismantling of the team that was locked into the dead-end purgatory of where Portland was when CJ was around. That's not all on CJ of course, and the blame that is resting on CJ is really resting on Olshey and his massive overrating of CJ. Those Dame/CJ teams were going nowhere. They were on the boring treadmill of 1st round exits and poor 1st round draft picks. Worse is that the Blazers didn't even get the long-shot benefit of poor first round picks because Olshey was busy wasting them or trading them away for more treadmill players

making the playoffs with the realistic hope of advancing is worthy. Making the playoffs with the near certainty of losing in the first round is not

you're pining away for CJ. How did Portland get CJ? It was with a top-10 draft pick. They got Dame with a 6th pick; Aldridge and Roy with top-6 picks. When Blazers drop out of the top-10 they might draft a player like Meyers Leonard or Zach Collins; two more treadmill players. They drop out of the lottery and it might be players like Luke Babbitt or Eliot Williams

I am absolutely convinced that if Portland ends up with a top-6 pick this year it's a much better outcome than losing in the play-in and adding a 14th pick; or losing in the first round and adding a 19th pick. The last time Portland was in the playoffs they were healthy; and they had CJ, Powell, RoCo (the 3 players guys like you keep pining away for) as well as Nurkic, Kanter, Ant, Melo. And the Blazers got curb-stomped by Denver. Dame averaged 34 & 10 on super efficiency, but his treadmill teammates couldn't give him any playoff help and they lost to the much younger Nuggets. Really bad sign

I enjoyed the run to the WCF that one year. But I wasn't fooled about what it meant. Portland played 9 playoff series in the Dame/CJ era. They had the fluke win against the Clippers because Blake Griffin and CP3 got hurt; set that aside with a giant asterisk. And they had the wins against OKC & Denver when the Blazers went 8-4. But in the other 6 playoff series, the Blazers were 5-24. That's a .172 winning percentage. Those 6 series defined the Blazers a lot more than a rather fluke run to the WCF. You may miss that kind of end to the season. I sure as hell don't

blazerfan11 likes this.
  10. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    Not absurd at all. This is a strong draft at the top. Teams trade draft picks for stars all the time. Our pick and the Knicks pick packaged together with salaries could get us a very good player. But if we’re lucky, we’ll get VW who has GOAT potential according to all scouts.

11. THE HCP

I miss mediocrity.

Whyachi likes this.