Game Thread 2022-23 Game #76 - BLAZERS VS KINGS - MARCH 29, 2023 - WEDNESDAY - 7:00 PM (PDT) ROOT

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Chris Craig, Mar 28, 2023.

1. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

Exactly! Did you miss the 2nd half of what I said?

2. Mr. Robot

Mr. Robot Well-Known Member

inefficient 30 for shae, but i dont care, its important for the kid to gain confidence and he will gain the confidence by having the freedom to shoot the ball and obviously scoring 20+ or 30+

3. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

Oh…. Anything longer than a few sentences confuses and befuddles @THE HCP

Fairly-Hard and Strenuus like this.
  4. BBert

BBert Weasels Ripped My Flesh

Selfless Public Servant
    He shot well from behind the 3-point line.

5. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

Stotts had his successes and failures. He just didn't have enough successes and the reality is he probably should have been fired after the Pelicans series in 2017

the issue right now it that the Blazers were incompetent in allowing Olshey to be the one to hire the new coach. Never should have happened

UKRAINEFAN, BBert and blazerkor like this.
  6. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    The Pelicans series was in 2018. By the way, we were swept in 2017 too (by the Warriors).

7. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    I haven’t seen it. When Stotts had RoLo and Wes, we played pretty great D.

8. HailBlazers

HailBlazers RipCity

Focus and ability, are two separate things.

9. Tince

Tince Well-Known Member

You knows it bad when the only edge people can give to Billups are regarding 100% subjective things. The measurables are off the table at this point, so the made up stuff is all thats left.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2023
    Fairly-Hard and THE HCP like this.
  10. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

The roster construction has been absolute shit. The games Chauncey had with the majority of the roster that Stotts had when he got fired was playing with a shell of Dame leading it. Chauncey has some blatant and disturbing holes in his abilities as a coach. I don't see close to enough of an ability to adapt, neither over a stretch of games or within a game. He preaches some things that sound great and do show up every once in a while but for the most part aren't there. So yeah, he's seemingly been a disappointment but it's hard for me to figure out how he could have had success with what he's been given.

So ultimately I think if Joe makes the moves to put a team around Dame that is going to be competitive immediately then Chauncey should return as head coach on a short leash with a new associate head coach that would be ready to take over if/when Chauncey needs to go or just someone that can help Chauncey be better. If Joe doesn't make the big moves and Dame asks to be traded I wish the team would fire both of them and hire someone else to finish the off season and hire a new coach for the youth rebuild.

11. Tince

Tince Well-Known Member

I've reread your 2nd sentence a few times and can't figure out what you're saying for the life of me.

Regarding Cronin/Billups' future: If Jody is going to get rid of Cronin (which I think is highly doubtful), I would prefer they leave Billups in place and allow the new GM to make that decision. That's what I wish happened in the Olshey/Stotts scenario. They got it backwards.

If Cronin were able to land some all-NBA player to put next to Dame, I would be more open to replacing Billups as it would make sense to have a head coach with experience leading a contending team. If we're going to run back a marginal team, then I'm not too worried about who's coaching.

12. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

You can't figure out that at the beginning of the 2021-22 season, Dame was extremely compromised? He had the core injury that he ended up needing surgery for and had some of his worst numbers and overall play of his career. You're either being obtuse or your memory is severely compromised. Either way asking this question has seriously hurt your credibility. I agree that Olshey should have been fired first and then the new GM should have had the decision to make regarding the head coach but that isn't the way it went down and now we have two season's of Chauncey coaching fucking shitty rosters, which honestly tells us nothing about how well he could coach a talented and balanced roster.

13. Tince

Tince Well-Known Member

The sentence I put in bold still doesn't read that way to me, which is why I made the post I did. I am aware that Dame had an injury he had been playing through for years, so that part wasn't the confusion. "The games Chauncey had with the majority of the roster that Stotts had when he got fired was playing with a shell of Dame leading it." is just poorly written in my opinion.

It should be noted that Dame was also playing hurt when Stotts got fired. I believe he said it had been going on for a few years and was often worse at the end of the season.

I don't hate Billups, I didn't hate Stotts. Both have had marginal rosters for many years. You're either being obtuse or your memory is severely compromised.

CJ_is_Gone likes this.