Game Thread 2022-23 Game #77 - BLAZERS VS KINGS - MARCH 31, 2023 - FRIDAY - 7:00 PM (PDT) ROOT

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Chris Craig, Mar 28, 2023.

1. Tince

Tince Well-Known Member

As pointed out in that twitter thread, Stotts had a significantly better winning percentage in games with Dame in comparison to Billups when he had Dame. So Dame being out for a lot of games is clearly not the main cause. It should also be noted that Billups has had Dame in his prime, where Stotts started with rookie Dame, which I believe was the only season he had a negative W/L split with Dame playing.

Both coaches dealt with medicore rosters. Stotts probably had slightly better benches. Billups arguably had better starters around Dame than Stotts did (after LMA left).

I think it's almost certain if Stotts wants to coach in the league, he will have plenty of opportunities. Will it be as a head coach? Unsure.

2. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter
    Gee, could it be the roster?

3. Tince

Tince Well-Known Member

Which one? The WCF roster with Harkless, Aminu, and Kanter starting (who are all out of the league)?

Like I said, both have had marginal rosters. Neither should be expected to produce a contender with the rosters given. The difference in results has been surprising though.