Game Thread 2022-23 Game #78 - BLAZERS @ TIMBERWOLVES - APRIL 2, 2023 - 12:30 PM (PDT) ROOT

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Chris Craig, Mar 31, 2023.

1. 1 Eye Jack

1 Eye Jack Well-Known Member

Vice President for Display company
    Actually talent wise he is, motor wise and attitude wise he’s not. Is he fixable not sure but huge risk for huge reward. For right price I’d risk it.

illmatic99 likes this.
  2. BassPlaya

BassPlaya Puntificator

Shop Owner
    That is a blanket statement that infers, yet does not hold water in my world.

Not trying to be an ass here, but what if the organization/staff ....in the midst of their reparation of the team from it's previous mistakes....decided that at this point in the season, development of young players and starting minutes of vets with question marks out weighed the positives of grinding the starting 5 to finish out the season? Are you seeing things from Sharpe, Knox, Watford and Eubanks that we might not have seen without taking this late season opportunity? I sure as hell am. Is it possible that they are doing this and still wanting to teach the team to win every game they can?

BBert likes this.
  3. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

It's possible but unlikely that draft position is not the biggest reason that our starters are all sitting. Ant needs to develop, if it wasn't about the tank that dude would need to be playing. He's 23, sucks at defense and needs more time. I would actually say that Ant needs playing time more than Shaedon does. The game seems to come very quickly for Shae... Ant learns at a much much slower rate.

4. BassPlaya

BassPlaya Puntificator

Shop Owner
    Could be. My tin hat view says they needed to see how SS reacted with the pressure on him. Now they know, and will move Anf.

I agree that Simons needs defensive minutes. Sharpe needed a pressure role. Personally, I have really enjoyed watching these last 5 games for what it shows for the future. I wasn't down with Knox at first....but he is long, relentless, and has some serious tenacity. Him and Drew just get after it.

5. blazerkor

Oh the benefit of seeing these guys is very real, I just don't think that or resting our vets is the biggest motivator the team had when sitting everyone.

6. SIeepwalker

SIeepwalker The lone sane poster

if we lose out we still have the 5th best odds

blazerkor likes this.
  7. AldoTrapani

AldoTrapani Well-Known Member

well it makes sense. Sharpe was nearly a top 5 pick and Ant a late 1st rounder

BBert likes this.
  8. blazerkor

That's not me ripping on Ant, of course what you just said makes sense too but I was responding to someone who was saying that us sitting all of our starters was more about getting young players reps and old players less wear and tear than it was about draft position. I was saying that if it was about getting young players reps and not draft position that Ant would still be playing.

AldoTrapani likes this.
  9. SIeepwalker

SIeepwalker The lone sane poster

ae.png

PCmor7 and BassPlaya like this.