#24 Anfernee Simons

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by TBpup, Jun 21, 2018.

1. TorturedBlazerFan

TorturedBlazerFan Well-Known Member

Baby Daddy
    Ill just wait til this summer when you pick your favorite Blazer again.

perkinsfor3 likes this.
  2. PCmor7

PCmor7 Generational Poster

Saying this for years
    I just so like his chances to be something special. Seems to have a great attitude. Definitely has exceptional athletic ability. Learning from Dame and CJ. I really think we got a steal being able to pick him where we did.

One of those cases where the player and the organization might have been perfect fits for one another.

HailBlazers and Stevenson like this.
  3. jlprk

jlprk The ESPN mod is insane.

retired, while you work!
    My motto in life: By the time they ask questions, you need to be around the corner, walking fast to the pub. My dear great-grandmother in the wheelchair taught me that.

Hoopguru and TorturedBlazerFan like this.
  4. Scalma

Scalma Well-Known Member

I could see Simons following a similar career trajectory as Terrance Ferguson. Ferguson went overseas straight out of high school. Was picked in the 20s last year as a raw, undersized, but super athletic guard. Barely played as a rookie but has started to break out since January this year. We may need Simons to follow a similar path because Curry is most likely going to leave and we’ll need to pay guys like Layman and maybe Hood. If we go after Blake Griffin, we’ll also lose some depth.

PCmor7 likes this.
  5. ebott

ebott Active Member

He was doing stuff like that in warm-ups at summer league. He has great ups. But he is soooo thin he can't do anything like it when a man is guarding him. If only vertical leap competitions were part of the game.

6. jlprk

retired, while you work!
    Speaking of underrated Blazers, Seth Curry is a stupendous shooter, including off the fly. A month ago, I started to really like him. He's closer to his brother in talent than the league realizes. He's not bad at PG and is tough on defense for his height.

7. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Meyers reaction is priceless. How can you not like this goofy oof???

8. oldmangrouch

oldmangrouch persona non grata

Leonard: "Whoa! What is that called when your feet leave the ground like that?"

Orion Bailey likes this.
  9. SIeepwalker

SIeepwalker The lone sane poster

Leonard is a pretty good dunker.. ?

10. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter
    If you watched youtube videos of him, you see he's been doing this for a long time. Once he gets some muscles on his body (even more so than he has since the time he was drafted), he'll be something fun to watch. And if he lives up to his potential...ooooh lawdy.

11. TBpup

TBpup Writing Team

Investment Management / Financial Planner
    I hope he's got some PG in him because it will be quite a while before he is big/bulked up enough to play SG.

Hoopguru and UKRAINEFAN like this.
  12. Blazers Roy

Blazers Roy Well-Known Member

13. CupWizier

CupWizier Well-Known Member

retired
    Jamal Crawford is the same weight.

14. bodyman5000 and 1

bodyman5000 and 1 Lions, Tigers, Me, Bears

In that video I thought Simons was better than Simmons. I think both have a bright future

Blazers Roy likes this.
  15. jlprk

retired, while you work!
    Simons is all PG. That's why I saw a future starter in Summer League. He dribbles around, patiently looking to pass, like a mole feeling for ants with its snout. The opposite is Trent, who is thinking at all times, minimize the patience and just shoot.

Every summer, some people here ridicule anyone drawing serious conclusions from SL and call it meaningless, but I get a lot out of it. SL showed me weaknesses of Meyers Leonard and McCollum years before such talk became fashionable.

3RA1N1AC, BBert, HailBlazers and 3 others like this.
  16. TorturedBlazerFan

TorturedBlazerFan Well-Known Member

Baby Daddy
    A mole feeling for ants with its snout...
    [​IMG]

BBert likes this.
  17. oldmangrouch

oldmangrouch persona non grata

A joke based on an old discussion. I guess I need to use green font.

18. Scalma

Scalma Well-Known Member

https://www.nba.com/amp/blazers/for...e-simons-bounce#click=https://t.co/jlXy9uFAV5

EVAN TURNER

"Honestly, I’ve seen stuff on TV like that. I can’t remember seeing it in a while, probably since my second or third year in the league. Most people don’t really do it post-practice either. I haven’t really been with high flyers except Meyers, but he’s 7-feet, how impressive is that?

And he’s so quiet, which probably makes it even more crazy because he walks around, don’t really say much whatsoever. Haven’t seen him much since he came back from the G-League, we play basketball obviously, but he’s hella quiet so his skill set, when you see him again, just little things like looking at the rim, you’re like ‘Oh my god.’ You almost forget about what the future is about to hit for. He’s a talented kid and I think it’s a great teaser. But even saying it’s a great teaser is an understatement because you see him day in and day out, you break it down and a lot of people like ‘Hey, some 15 year old got into the game.’ I know he’s 19 but he looks like a kid, imagine how good he is, you know what I’m saying? It’s the truth. People like ‘Yo, there’s a baby on the bench’ and I’m like ‘Okay, imagine how good he is.

He’s really good, really talented, blessed with athleticism. We joke because we’re like, when you hit 190 pounds you won’t be that light to go toward the rim, but I doubt he’ll ever get to 190 pounds. He’s so light! That kid, man, I wasn’t too sure what we were going to get because he didn’t play in college but kid is really talented. He’s, in my personal opinion, a jewel."

MOE HARKLESS

"He usually doesn’t do stuff like that. We all give him a hard time because we know he can jump but that was the first time where he really tried to get up and jump as high as he could. He’s super athletic, we all know that, but that was pretty impressive (in Dallas).

"As much as we do see it or as much as we’re able to do it, it’s still hard. It’s still rare for someone at 6-4 to be able to get their head to the rim like that, looking at the rim. And it’s just the way he jumps, I think. It’s doesn’t look as powerful, it’s just so smooth. He sits in the air and it feel like he just keeps going up. It looks effortless, I think that’s probably the most impressive thing. His athleticism is top notch."

JAKE LAYMAN

"I’ve seen him a lot where he’s doing dunks after practice, he’s got a lot of bounce, as you can see. I’ve known it for a long time so it’s nothing new for me to see, but it’s still impressive. He’s one of the bounciest guys I’ve seen, for sure. It’s pretty incredible. Young legs!"

MEYERS LEONARD

"I think the thing that helps Anf is that, number one, he’s young and he’s also pretty light, but that’s not to take away the fact that the kid has absolute elite level of bounce. He’s very athletic. I think now, being with our strength and conditioning staff, deadlifting, doing things in the weight room on a consistent basis, to not only be athletic but to be strong, is helping him take it to even another level."

DAMIAN LILLARD

"There’s athleticism, there’s elite athleticism and then there’s what he can do."

Orion Bailey, Pridan, BBert and 6 others like this.
  19. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter
    Orion Bailey likes this.
  20. jlprk

retired, while you work!
    Lillard's running scared about his replacement at PG.