3/31/06 Wizards @ Rockets: Game Thread

Discussion in 'Washington Wizards' started by Ming637, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

<div align="center">[​IMG]@[​IMG]<span style="color:blue">Washington Wizards 37-33</span> @ <span style="color:red">Houston Rockets 31-40</span>Date: 3/31/06Time: 8:30 pmTV: CSN, FSNW and NBALP<u>Washington Wizards 2005-2006 Statistics</u><u>PPG: 101.8</u><u>RPG: 41.6</u><u>APG: 18.6</u><u>BPG: 4.2</u><u>SPG: 7.8</u><u>FG%: 44.7 %</u><u>Washington Wizards Head Coach</u>[​IMG]Eddie Jordan<u>Washington Wizards Starting Lineup</u>[​IMG]Guard: Gilbert ArenasPPG: 29.1RPG: 3.5APG: 5.9[​IMG]Guard: Jared JeffriesPPG: 5.8RPG: 4.8APG: 1.9[​IMG]Forward: Caron ButlerPPG: 17.2RPG: 6.0APG: 2.5[​IMG]Forward: Antawn JamisonPPG: 20.5RPG: 9.7APG: 2.1[​IMG]Center: Etan ThomasPPG: 4.5RPG: 3.8APG: 0.2<u>Key 6th Man</u>[​IMG]Guard: Antonio DanielsPPG: 9.0RPG: 2.1APG: 3.3<u>Keys To The Game</u><u>Attack The Paint</u>: The Wizards tuesday night showed that they weren't afraid to go in and attack the paint, which worked out for them with 32 paint points that night. They have a lot of slashers like Arenas and Daniels, so it's going to be important for Yao and Howard to stand their territory.<u>Contain Yao</u>: Ever since the all-star break, Yao has been on fire finally eclipsing that 20 and 10 mark for the season and has carried the Rockets to a small playoff run, before T-mac's injury. The Wizards aren't well known for controlling the paint, but they're going to need to contain him to improve their chances of winning.<u>Get To The Line</u>: The Wizards are first in the league in free throws made and they're going to need to take advantage of every oppurtunity they get. The Wizards have just shot 23-25 from the line Tuesday night and nailing their free throws will help them.<u>Wizards Player Of The Game</u>[​IMG]Predicted Stats: 32 points, 2 rebounds, 3 assists---------------------<u>Houston Rockets 2005-2006 Statistics</u><u>PPG: 90.7</u><u>APG: 19.2</u><u>RPG: 42.0</u><u>BPG: 4.0</u><u>SPG: 7.2</u><u>FG%: 43.2%</u><u>Houston Rockets Head Coach</u>[​IMG]Jeff Van Gundy<u>Houston RocketsStarting Lineup</u>[​IMG]Guard: Rafer AlstonPPG: 11.7RPG: 4.1APG: 6.6[​IMG]Guard: Luther HeadPPG: 8.3RPG: 3.2APG: 2.5[​IMG]Forward: Keith BogansPPG: 8.8RPG: 3.5APG: 1.8[​IMG]Forward: Juwan HowardPPG: 11.2RPG: 6.8APG: 1.5[​IMG]Center: Yao MingPPG: 22.2RPG: 10.2APG: 1.4<u>Key 6th Man</u>[​IMG]Forward: Stromile SwiftPPG: 9.0RPG: 4.6APG: 0.4<u>Keys To The Game</u><u>Transition Defense</u>: The Wizards lately has been alive on defense tipping the ball and forcing turnovers which has led to a lot of fastbreak points lately. They're going to have to stop the Wizards by protecting the ball and getting back on defense.<u>Rebound</u>: The Rockets are 9th in the league in rebounds per game and the Wizards aren't exactly the best rebounding team. In the second quarter of the Wizards/Kings game, the Wizards were terribly outrebounded which helped the Kings keep up the Wizards. The Rockets' big men are going to have to hit the boards and prevent those second chance oppurtunites. <u>Momentum</u>: The Rockets came off a blowout win against the Sonics' in their homecourt with Ray Allen shooting horribly. The Rockets will play the Wizards in the toyota center again on Friday and hope to squeeze into the playoff race. <u>Rockets Player Of The Game</u>[​IMG]Predicted Stats: 26 points, 12 rebounds, 3 assists<u>Prediction</u>Post Below.</div>

2. regularguy

regularguy BBW Elite Member

the rockets just came off a huge win in seattle. so i'm hoping for another one against the wizards. i don't see how they will stop yao so i'm also expecting another huge game from him. i just hope i didn't jinx it. however, lets hope our backcourt can keep up w/ the wizard's backcourt. if they get open looks from outside and hit them then we are screwed. our defense is usually what kills us now.

3. dsounG

dsounG BBW Elite Member

Juwan is starting buddy.They played great in Seattle and worked as a team and got their shots in. They need some perimeter defense to stop Gilbert and Caron.I think they can do that. If Yao and Swift played yesterday in Seattle I think we have a chance.And if I see Alston shooting three pointers all over the place im going to freak.

4. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dsounG @ Mar 31 2006, 01:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Juwan is starting buddy.</div>Yeah...I know.

5. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

Well,

With T-mac out for the rockets it should be easier for the wizards now that they have Arenas back from being sick.

they should just watch out for yao ming

6. Zards

Zards The People's Champ

Great preview as always, Ming. Wiz take this one away easily, due to McGrady being out, 112-102

7. dsounG

dsounG BBW Elite Member

AHAHAAH woop woop!Yeah right...Rockets WIN! 105-103. Stupid Alston almost lost it for us.

8. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dsounG @ Mar 31 2006, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>AHAHAAH woop woop!Yeah right...Rockets WIN! 105-103. Stupid Alston almost lost it for us.</div>...hurts your chances for a higher draft pick, :shifty2: .

9. dsounG

dsounG BBW Elite Member

Mleh...We'll still get 15-8 pick probably.

10. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

It's really dissapointing because Antawn Jamison had that 3!!!!!!!!!

Aargh should've won that.

Anyways hopefully Wizards won't lose their 5th seat in the coming month :boogie:

11. Zards

Zards The People's Champ

Okay, I was wrong...I underestimated the Rockets, which I will never do again. [​IMG]