37-year-old Mundine: I can beat Mayweather Jr.

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by truebluefan, Jun 29, 2012.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

[​IMG]

37-year-old former WBA super middleweight champion Anthony Mundine (43-4, 25 KO’s) figures that he’s the one that can give unbeaten WBA junior middleweight champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. his first loss if he’d only show some interest in fighting the former 168 pound champion.

Mundine told Foxsports.com.au “I’m the only one that can beat Floyd. You need speed. He’s never fought someone as fast as me or someone as good skill as me…I’ve got a five-fight plan [to get to Mayweather bout], whether it takes two years or two-and-a-half or three years.”

I hope Mundine isn’t counting on Mayweather actually fighting him, because it’s not going to happen whether Mundine hangs around for another three years hoping to get a fight against Mayweather. Mundine’s whole problem is that he’s spent the vast majority of his career fighting obscure opposition in his native Australia, and because of all that time he’s spent over there facing nobodies, it’s prevented him from building any kind of fan base in the United States.

Read more: http://www.boxingnews24.com/2012/06/37-year-old-mundine-i-can-beat-mayweather-jr/#more-121530