3rd BCS ranking of 04

Discussion in 'College Football' started by Thoth, Nov 1, 2004.

1. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

The Utes are holding steady. Thanks to N Carolina (who Utah beat handily) for shocking Miami.

Congrats to Maryland for beating Free Shoes U also helping Utah.

I was shocked that Cal jumped so high but those are the breaks. Cal has yet to play USC so more fringe benefits for the defending Liberty Bowl & Mtn West champs.

Had Texas A & M won then my alma mater might be 5th. Here's to A & M beating OU like they did 2 yrs ago.

Utah could beat the Sooners. Bowling Green runs the exact same offense and BG put a scare into Oklahoma earlier this season.

I would love to see my 2 favorite programs play for the title - Auburn vs Utah is very feasible this year.

2. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

Cal should not be ahead of Wisconsin in the BCS standings. But like you said, they still have to play USC. That should take care of that.

3. Silver & Black Blood

Silver & Black Blood nfl-*****s member

Oct 9 @Southern California Lost 17-23 Here is the score from ealier this year when Cal played USC.

4. Thoth

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Silver & Black Blood)</div><div class='quotemain'>Oct 9 @Southern California Lost 17-23 Here is the score from ealier this year when Cal played USC.</div>

thanks for the update. i don't know how it slipped by me.

5. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

Utah is in bad shape unless texas loses they wont make a game.

6. Thoth

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Utah is in bad shape unless texas loses they wont make a game.</div>

If Utah stays 6th, they are guaranteed & those are the rules. Will they win their next 3 and luck out, who knows. They have a decent chance. Especially if OU loses to A & M or in the B12 Cship. Auburn, USC, Cal, & even Texas are not locked in. The Fiesta Bowl may take the Utes if they are in the top 12 due to proximity & many fans would come.

7. Bearsfan1

Only real chance is a cal or texas loss, it really does not look good. SOS over last 3 games favors rexas so much, and the gap is so little. This week they moved up 2 spots in human polls, and dropped 1.5 in computer polls. and texas closed the gap on them.

8. Thoth

To quote Lee Corso, "Not so fast my friend."

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Only real chance is a cal or texas loss, it really does not look good. SOS over last 3 games favors rexas so much, and the gap is so little. This week they moved up 2 spots in human polls, and dropped 1.5 in computer polls. and texas closed the gap on them.</div>

Auburn could lose to Bama or in the SEC Cship. UCLA, Stanford, or A & M could upset their rivals.

FWIW, there is a decent article in SI on the Utes

Like a blind man visting an optometrist, We shall soon see.

9. Bearsfan1

Not so fast my friend, one loss for auburn may not push them down enough, bottom line though is that Utah is still not in control of its destiny. Right now I would say they deserve a spot, but we will see.

10. Thoth

On behalf of UU fans, if it happens super. Until then, its a nice thought.

Honestly, I keep waiting for the bottom to fall out. I am having a hard accepting Utah having 2 great seasons in a row. One concern I have is; will the media poll undermine the Utes?

Being able to trump BYU in such a fashion would be the icing on the cake.

Utah s/b ahead of Wisconsin. Why? Utah beat UNLV by a greater margin than the Badgers did.