Game Thread 4/12/17 Game 1 New York Rangers vs Montreal Canadiens

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by Messiah717, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

The Rangers deserved this one. Out shot Montreal 26-15 over the last two periods and controlled a lot of the play in the second and third period. Glad to shut this crowd up for at least one night. Like I had said it makes game two less stressful to watch. Want them to win of course but it's not a must have which it would be if they were down 0-1.

2. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

After that failed 5 on 3 i had a bad feeling about the 3rd but they gutted it out.

3. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

Not to change the subject but holy shit Jake Allen making saves for StL in the 2nd period....wowee wow wow

4. NYR2009

NYR2009 Member

Wow! What a game! I am surprised that they could turn in on just like that after playing flat for multiple weeks. Lundqvist looked like the old Lundqvist. Did he ever have a shoutout at the Bell Centre? Amazing!

5. cagedlion

cagedlion "I am the problem, and I am the solution."

About that Markov speer.........did the refs call it? And did Sam or Joe make mention of the speer?
    I missed the speer. Plekanec was cheating on every faceoff without any reprimands from the
    linesmen. Like that SOB team needs any advantages!

6. Stepupstepan

Stepupstepan Well-Known Member

Need more from Kreider. He had a really quite game. I thought he would be pumped up to play this game.

7. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

He ended up with a game misconduct. Joe made mention of the spear but at first said no penalty was called.

8. Rangers94

Rangers94 Well-Known Member

He should get a one game suspension for that. It wasn't that bad of a spear, Crosby's a few weeks ago which warranted at least a 3 game ban was way worse, but Markov has a history of doing this. This is just more of the NHL not knowing how to protect players from morons like Markov, and then get bent out of shape over guys like Glass. It's only a matter of time I feel like until the goon game returns if the NHL isn't going to step in and set up some clear boundaries of what isn't allowed and protecting players from dirty hits and cheap shots like that. Gary Bettman is hands down the worse thing to happen to hockey.