4/14/06 - Wizards @ Bulls: Game Thread/Preview

Discussion in 'Washington Wizards' started by Ming637, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

<div align="center">[​IMG]@[​IMG]<span style="color:blue">Washington Wizards 39-39</span> @ <span style="color:red">Chicago Bulls 37-41</span> The Wizards having to suffer a heartbreaking loss against the Bucks losing their 4th straight will have to go against the Bulls whose won 8 out of their last 10 and who is hunting for that 8th spot in the East. The Wizards will have to go without Caron Butler once again who is out right a sprained right thumb. The last time these two teams met was in the Verizon Center where the Bulls battled from a 27 point deficit to cut the lead into single digits. Fortunetly for the Wizards, Antawn Jamison came up big late in the game to secure the victory for the Wizards with his 3-pointers.Date: 3/19/06Time: 3:30 pmTV: CSN, ESPN, and NBALP<u>Washington Wizards 2005-2006 Statistics</u><u>PPG: 101.5</u><u>RPG: 41.2</u><u>APG: 18.6</u><u>BPG: 4.1</u><u>SPG: 8.0</u><u>FG%: 44.7 %</u><u>Washington Wizards Head Coach</u>[​IMG]Eddie Jordan<u>Washington Wizards Starting Lineup</u>[​IMG]Guard: Gilbert ArenasPPG: 29.1RPG: 3.5APG: 6.1[​IMG]Guard: Antonio DanielsPPG: 9.4RPG: 2.1APG: 3.5[​IMG]Guard: Jared JeffriesPPG: 6.3RPG: 4.8APG: 1.9[​IMG]Forward: Antawn JamisonPPG: 20.6RPG: 9.3APG: 1.9[​IMG]Center: Etan ThomasPPG: 4.8RPG: 4.0APG: 0.2<u>Key 6th Man</u>No key 6th man, to be honest.<u>Keys To The Game</u><u>Take Care Of The Ball</u>: Washington didn't look to fly taking care of it espicially on that last possesion against the Bucks where TJ Ford snatched the ball away from Gilbert. Yes, the Bulls are last in steals per game, but they still need to be alert on offense and control the ball or it's going to end up like the Bucks/Wizards game.<u>Bench Production</u>: The Wizards have not gotten bench production whatsoever since Caron Butler gotten injured and the Wizards' starting lineup is getting worked up playing 40 minutes a game. They've got to make a presence and become a key in the game if they want to win this game.<u>Contain The Perimeter</u>: The Wizards certainly did not give the Bucks a good 3-point shooting night, but they did let the Sixers rain 11 three's on Monday which hurt them. They go against the 6th best 3 point team in the league and they can't suffer from 3's or else it's going to hurt them.<u>Wizards Player Of The Game</u>[​IMG]Predicted Stats: 35 points, 2 rebounds, 6 assists-------------------<u>Chicago Bulls 2005-2006 Statistics</u><u>PPG: 96.9</u><u>APG: 21.7</u><u>RPG: 42.6</u><u>BPG: 4.2</u><u>SPG: 6.2</u><u>FG%: 44.3%</u><u>Chicago Bulls Head Coach</u>[​IMG]Scott Skiles<u>Chicago Bulls Starting Lineup</u>[​IMG]Guard: Kirk HinrichPPG: 15.6RPG: 3.5APG: 6.2[​IMG]Guard: Ben GordonPPG: 16.5RPG: 2.7APG: 2.9[​IMG]Forward: Andres NocioniPPG: 12.7RPG: 1.4APG: 6.0[​IMG]Forward: Malik AllenPPG: 4.8RPG: 2.5APG: 0.8[​IMG]Center: Mike SweetneyPPG: 8.4RPG: 5.3APG: 0.9<u>Key 6th Man</u>[​IMG]Forward: Tyson ChandlerPPG: 5.3RPG: 9.2APG: 1.0<u>Keys To The Game</u><u>Shut Down The Offense</u>: The Bulls are currently holding their opponents to 42.6% shooting on the floor which is the best in the NBA, but they will go against a high scoring team looking to clinch their playoff spot and their 5th seed. If Arenas, Jamison or Daniels has a bad night, then it might open the doors for Chicago.<u>Rebound</u>: The Bulls are ranked 3rd in rebounding per game with Sweetney and Chandler leading the way. The Wizards has had problems all year with rebounding and when they are outrebounded, they usually lose. The Bulls are going to have to show that they want this game more and they need to do that by winning the rebounding board.<u>Playoff Spot</u>: The chase for the 8th seed is going to be about who's wanting it more and who's gonna come out the better team. The Bulls have won 8 out of their last 10 including victories over New Jersey and Philadelphia. They're going to have to stay alert and control the game.<u>Bulls Player Of The Game</u>[​IMG]Predicted Stats: 18 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists<u>Prediction</u>Post Below.</div>

2. Zards

Zards The People's Champ

We lose, 98-89 because no Caron, no win. He pretty much has no choice but to play, unless he wants to see our playoff matchup against Cleveland turn into a matchup against Miami.

3. SerbBojo

SerbBojo BBW Member

Im going to this game!!! im a bulls fan, but no one is ever on the Bulls forum so im talkin here lol. This is a really important game for the bulls hope they can pull it off, maybe the Bulls can move up in the playoff picturce and we can have a rematch of last years playoffs

4. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

Remember this?[​IMG]

5. SerbBojo

SerbBojo BBW Member

i hate you lol, it was a good series tho. Good to see these teams back in the playoffs. Bulls will be back tho, wait til next season the bulls will dominate, we got the Knicks 1st round pick cuz isiah is stupid haha and 20million in cap space.

6. Zards

Zards The People's Champ

Also, this game is on ESPN so I expect Gil to have 10 pts or so.

7. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zards @ Apr 14 2006, 07:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Also, this game is on ESPN so I expect Gil to have 10 pts or so.</div>Oh yeah....the curse of national TV.

8. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

Well the Bulls aren't stopping the Wizards right now. They're 50% percent on the floor against the best shooting defense right now. I'm suprised to see Gilbert Arenas with a great 1st half on national TV with 24 points, usually he's in his worst on national TV. Eddie Jordan's gonna have to put the benchers in sooner or later, Antonio Daniels doesn't look to good after his slip and Arenas hasn't rested a minute yet. The Wizards are up 56-48, hopefully they can keep this lead.

9. Zards

Zards The People's Champ

What a dumb call by the refs...Nocioni was clearly moving. HOW THE HELL DO YOU LET BEN GORDON SHOT 9-9 FROM 3 PT LAND!?!Oh well, we'll miss the playoffs, anyway.

10. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

Jeez, Arenas and Daniels in the same lineup is just like Starbury and Francis. Both of them want the ball a lot, it's not getting swung around as much as it would with Butler in the lineup and Arenas only had 1 assist. Plus, we got to be the worst 3-point defense team, period. Ben Gordan was on fire with 9-9 from the 3 point line, crazy. I also don't see why they didn't feed Haywood down-low in the 4th quarter. He was unstoppable in the 3rd, but I'm sure he worked his way back in the starting lineup.Well, we just lost 5 straight which puts us under .500 with a 3 team tie for the 5th seed, Caron Butler should be back on Sunday, so hopefully everything gets as they go into the playoffs.

11. Zards

Zards The People's Champ

Its not that Daniels needed the ball alot, he just needed to create for himself or other teamates to put some pts on the board for the Wizards. Arenas was silent as hell in the 4th. Haywood dominated Chandler. Jamison sucked, and Jeffries made us lose the game just because of a dumb call. But really, I'm pinning this one on Eddie Jordan. How the hell do you not call a timeout once you get the rebound off of Michael Sweetney' shot? Eddie knew right from the start that Jeffries had no idea what to do. Also, he's the reason our defense is horrid.

12. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zards @ Apr 14 2006, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Its not that Daniels needed the ball alot, he just needed to create for himself or other teamates to put some pts on the board for the Wizards. Arenas was silent as hell in the 4th. Haywood dominated Chandler. Jamison sucked, and Jeffries made us lose the game just because of a dumb call.</div>If Daniels was to create a shot, he would've created it for Arenas or Haywood, no one else. Arenas had a silent 4th quarter was he didn't get the ball much then. Also, I didn't really expect Jeffries to put a shot, so going to the basket would've gotten him to the line.<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>But really, I'm pinning this one on Eddie Jordan. How the hell do you not call a timeout once you get the rebound off of Michael Sweetney' shot? Eddie knew right from the start that Jeffries had no idea what to do. Also, he's the reason our defense is horrid.</div>Yeah and also, Eddie Jordan seriously needs to play some benchers in. Billy Thomas and Donell Taylor proved they can contribute and play solidly, well at least better than Jeffries. He was covering Ben Gordan all game long, right? So what does Ben do? Shoot 9-9 from the 3-point line. Eddie Jordan needs to put a lineup like Arenas, Jeffries, B. Thomas, Jamison, and Haywood. Arenas possesses the ball 50% of the time, Haywood with 25% and Jamison with 25%. It may sound crazy, but it so much better than Arenas and Daniels hogging the ball all the time. I don't want this team to look like the Knicks, a horrible backcourt, and no postseason appearance. [​IMG] Hopefully LeBron won't play as much on Sunday.

13. Regulator

Regulator BBW Member

I saw that game. I wanted the Wizards to win. Refs were a huge factor in that game, Wizards definately would've won by at least 20. But this works out great for my Cavs. We get to play the Bucks or Pacers in the first round *dances*

14. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Regulator @ Apr 15 2006, 12:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I saw that game. I wanted the Wizards to win. Refs were a huge factor in that game, Wizards definately would've won by at least 20. But this works out great for my Cavs. We get to play the Bucks or Pacers in the first round *dances*</div>Not really, we're in a 3 way tie for the 5th seed and Caron should be back for the meeting against the Cavs. Plus, we got the Bucks on Tuesday, so hopefully we'll take back our 5th seed.

15. Regulator

Regulator BBW Member

Ok now the Wizards are in 5th again damn it lol. Pacers and Bucks lost.

16. Zards

Zards The People's Champ

I thought you were a Wiz fan...^Anyways, we match up well with the Cavs and we might finish them off in 6 games. But really, who knows, anything can happen in the playoffs. Getting excited today, PLAYOFF PREVIEW: Wizards vs CavsI bet the Cavs arent going to play with intensity we will, considering the fact they might want to rest LeBron a little for the playoffs.

17. Regulator

Regulator BBW Member

I like the Wizards as my hometeam. But anyways... that game sucked. The Wizards went on a crazy run, and LeBron couldn't handle it got benched damn it!! Playing the Wiz will be tough...