Game Thread 4/16/17 Game 3 Montreal Canadiens vs New York Rangers

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by Messiah717, Apr 16, 2017.

1. RangersFan

RangersFan Well-Known Member

2. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Lundqvist looked really ticked off in that interview last night. Almost at his breaking point.

3. RangersFan

RangersFan Well-Known Member

Don't blame him. No excuse at all for a no show dog effort. That is different then playing hard and simply losing.

4. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

Don't know necessarily if that will be the deciding factor Mess as torts signed a contract extension during his last season with us and got fired right after the season anyway. If the rangers look anything like they looked yesterday and finish losing in montreal thursday I don't see how they bring this coach back again after another first round loss. This team has been trending down the last few years which is this coach's track record.

5. NYR2009

NYR2009 Member

Bring back Keenan, Daryl Sutter or try Messier. I will be happy with either one.

6. panzerporter

panzerporter Well-Known Member

No worries if the Rangers lose we can sort out who predicted it first and shower them with accolades. Yes they played like garbage last night but where is the Captain? McDonough is a great defenseman but a far cry from Messier leadership wise. I don't think signing an extension guarantees AV anything if he can't figure out how to motivate this team to beat Montreal. Win tomorrow and climb back on the bandwagon. LGR!

7. NYR2009

NYR2009 Member

For the first time in 20 years I am losing interest in my Rangers. Every playoffs it used to be an agony watching Rangers play and I would sit at the edge of my seat but now I am simply relaxed watching these games. You know they will not win Stanley Cup this year for sure and most likely will lose to MTL, so what's the point? Rangers fans pay money to see only Lundqvist play, and the only one who cares. I cannot watch McD press conferences, he is not a Captain!! Period! I am very disappointed in this team. I would rather see them lose in 5 if that gets AV fired, rather than them make ECF and the lose to Pens with AV here next year. LGR! but AV has got to go. I can't stand looking at him behind the bench anymore. Great person, good coach but not SC coach.