4 Beav Players In Trouble...Suspensions

Discussion in 'Oregon State Beavers' started by Targus, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Targus

Targus Suspended

Keeping you safe. If I tell you more, you would b
  2. BoBoBREWSKI

BoBoBREWSKI BURP!

Not that big of a deal IMO. They had a little party in their apartment. Happens daily in college.

3. Wheels

Wheels Is That A Challenge?!?!1! Staff Member Global Moderator

agreed. However if they wore different Jerseys on Saturdays I can guaran-dam-tee ya that a certain member would be posting the same thing in the Ducks forum.

4. BoBoBREWSKI

BoBoBREWSKI BURP!

Not me. I've kept my mouth shut when it comes to minor infractions like this regardless of what team. I got an MIP in college... tons of college kids do. But I didnt get busted for busting into someones house naked, stealing laptops, stealing sheep, shooting ducks with a BB gun, etc. etc. :)

Wheels likes this.
  5. Wheels

agreed. And its not you :cheers: You have the ability like many other Beaver fans I know to not just see what your rival does wrong, but also what everyone does wrong, including your own. Its an admirable quality. Props to you Beerboy!

BoBoBREWSKI likes this.
  6. tlongII

tlongII Legendary Poster

Systems Analyst
    I have no idea who Wheels is talking about.

7. Targus

Targus Suspended

If you guys are talking about me, I am more than neutral. I can almost guarantee you I've supported the Beavs longer and attended more of their games (including bowl games) than anyone here. My heart is in Eugene, but I was critical of Chip in his first year's leadership when the team had major issues, but learned a new respect when he sat Blount for nearly an entire season and kicked his star Heisman hopeful QB leader off the team. I also support minor sanctions against Oregon for using Lyles. I'll also wager I've defended Riley more than most here and spent time in supportive roles with him person.

That said, you guys appear to be totally missing the point. Come back to reality. During the past few years, under Riley leadership, the program has been littered with arrests and poor decisions. 7 off season arrests last season, with (to my knowledge) no serious suspensions from Riley. A player was recently arrest on some serious offenses, pleaded down and received a one game suspension. There have been thefts, assaults, hate crimes, gang related crimes, alcohol incidents, one player had four arrests, etc. and Riley responds by saying how serious the crimes/violations are, and then he suspends players for one game. Your neighbor schools kicked offenders out of school and pull their scholies (UO, UW) but Riley fails to take a strong stand.

Clearly, he is not respected among is players when on the very weekend he repeatedly warned his players to keep their behavior in check, four players receive 36 counts of hosting a party for minors, 36 counts of furnishing alcohol to minors and a charge of unlawful amplified sound. Those are criminal municipal code violations, and misdemeanors.

Fans like you are just as guilty when you try to excuse the poor behavior, then claim opposing fans only see the negative.

8. Wheels

Will Lyles

9. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

How would you know!?! I know for a fact the only parties you attended in college had farm animals there.

10. BoBoBREWSKI

BoBoBREWSKI BURP!

So how does your boy Chip look now? He knew Thomas was in the car with Harris. This is the 3rd time (or 2nd???) Thomas has been a passenger in a car that got busted with weed.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  11. tlongII

tlongII Legendary Poster

Systems Analyst
  12. Targus

Targus Suspended

You're a liar. They weren't "busted" with weed. Cliff passed a FST and wasn't cited for weed - he was cited for speeding. I hope he learned a valuable lesson because it was stupid and risky behavior. I don't excuse it away. He will sit out some game/s.

So, you're not only a liar ("busted") but much like is posted above which is called out, you excuse any and all Beav behavior away, while I say Duck player choices were stupid and risky and there should be a punishment. Kudos to you.

13. Nate Dogg

Nate Dogg Active Member

Private Security
    I need to watch that UO LeGarrette Blount punch on that Boise State football player. Yeah I know he was under Bellotti but still.

[video=youtube;R_3299v-A1o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_3299v-A1o[/video]

Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  14. BoBoBREWSKI

BoBoBREWSKI BURP!

Funny! I dont excuse Beaver bad behavior... did I ever say the Beaver players that recently got MIP's shouldnt have been busted? No, just said I dont think its that big of a deal... and if you read my posts, you would see that I dont think Thomas should be busted/punished for this... but you'd have to be a fool to believe that he wasnt smoking it up. If your son was in a car that was busted for weed... twice... would you believe him if he told you he wasnt smoking it also? I sure as hell wouldnt. I smoked weed in college, so I dont think its that big of a deal... but I'm a nobody, I'm not a star QB. With success comes unwanted attention... sucks, but thats the truth. I wish both progams had ZERO run ins with the law, but that's not a reality with us or any school. Kids will do stupid shit. I did... still do! :devilwink:

I've posted it several times before and I'll post it again. I root for the Ducks... just not when they are playing the Beavers.

15. Targus

Targus Suspended

Also for the record, Harris was honest and cooperative, in addition to respectful to the officer. On the flip-side, you have four OSU players receive 32 offenses (including misdemeanor crimes) who hide and attempt to trick the police when first confronted. Kudos to Cliff for being a man who is willing to be honest and accept the consequences of his actions.

(Blount sat nearly an entire season and was only allowed back on the field AFTER improving his grades, counseling and proving to the team he learned his lesson. Once again, on the flip side, three beavers assault a serviceman in a racially motivated crime and receive what?)

16. BoBoBREWSKI

BoBoBREWSKI BURP!

:lol:
    If you want to compare - Driving 118 mph puts lives at risk... hosting a very small college party does not.
    Just give up! You do more to hurt your arguement then help. It's pointless to go back and forth. It's almost like you reach for anything in order to make this a debate when it isnt.

17. mobes23

mobes23 Well-Known Member

This thread is absurd. Kudos to Cliff for being willing to be honest and accept the consequences of his actions as he's sitting in the driver's seat after being clocked at 118 mph? What was he going to do? Deny the the radar gun was correct? Claim someone else did it? His ass was busted and there was no rock to hide under.

I'm still curious about the "loan" of the car from the UO employee. Does anyone believe he actually paid that employee fair market value? If it happened, it was probably similar to the Willie scouting report -- make it happen when you're about to be busted and hope the alibi holds.

Ugh, but what the heck ever! Let's get back to talking OSU football! My parents just went to a practice and got a James Rodgers 8x10 photo signed for my two kids. Never can start 'em off too early!

BoBoBREWSKI likes this.
  18. Targus

Targus Suspended

I've stated repeatedly that Cliff was stupid and should be punished. You've continued to imply no harm in a "little" innocent party that led to 32 violations and misdemeanors - hosted by Beav players on the very weekend Riley warned all players to keep it clean. If you can't see the irony here, then you're a retard. How much respect do those players have for Riley? Do you think when the players were trying to hide from the police, and keeping the 40-50 attenders quiet and telling them to hide, the players were thinking it was 'no big deal' and just "little"?

Death: 1,825 college students between the ages of 18 and 24 die from alcohol-related unintentional injuries, including motor vehicle crashes a year.(Hingson et al., 2009)

Assault: 696,000 students between the ages of 18 and 24 are assaulted by another student who has been drinking (Hingson et al., 2009).

Sexual Abuse: 97,000 students between the ages of 18 and 24 are victims of alcohol-related sexual assault or date rape (Hingson et al., 2009).

19. mobes23

mobes23 Well-Known Member

Honestly, it wasn't ideal -- better if it didn't happen and there's no doubt about that. I don't think anyone thinks otherwise

However, you're building this up into something much bigger than it is. What percentage of college students drink before they're 21? Is it that shocking that some underage players got caught drinking? Again, not ideal, but your pollyanna gig comes off poorly.

Again, if we need to compare the two situations, which sounds like it's more likely to result in serious harm to someone:

1. House party where alcohol is served to underage drinkers
    2. Car going 118 mph by someone under the influence of Mary Jane

The more you push this, the less credible you become.

20. Wheels

Link? I'm not playing Naive or anything, but if we are just throwing stuff out there without proof.... did you hear that at the underage party with OSU players they were also playing Russian Roulette?!?