5 sets of back-to-back games in March

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by Greyvtrayn, Mar 4, 2017.

1. RangersFan

RangersFan Well-Known Member

When does Stepan's full NMC kick in?

2. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

It ssys his his ntc starts next year. Capfriendly is a good site for contract stuff.

3. panzerporter

panzerporter Well-Known Member

MTL added 3 big guys to replace 3 Rangers sized guys, Gorton made one similar move getting Smith but the Rangers are still undersized. I like the Smith move and would look to keep him. Last year they brought Skjei up with 7 games left due to injuries and he has blossomed into a decent dman only a year later. Why not do the same with Graves? AV opts for the 5'11" 192 lb Kampfer instead. Staal and Girardi have to be gone next year.

Nash and his salary even for one year is a luxury few teams can afford. I think if there was any interest in Rick a team would have acquired him before the deadline to help out postseason meaning they're stuck with his pricy intangibles for one more year. I don't mind Step, he should be RW but he's a consistent scorer career .7 PPG players are not easy to come by.

I was surprised that Hank wasn't removed from the game after taking Skjei's stick off the jawbone and then Sharp's shot off the dome. He was clearly shaken up.

4. RangersFan

RangersFan Well-Known Member

I don't agree with you on Nash panzer. Usually these DL deals are for rentals, and I doubt the Rangers wanted to really move him last week anyway as a team that was still going for it. Plus a lot of times big deals like that happen in the summer when other moves can be made to balance things out (see us getting Nash). Not saying he will be dealt for sure this summer, but to me him not being dealt last week doesn't mean anything with regards to him being dealt this summer.

As for Staal, he'll be tough to move, and he has to agree also. Girardi will be gone for sure IMO, worst case he is bought out.

If Stepan can still be dealt this summer before the NTC kicks in start of next season, I would think seriously about trading him. It isn't a must for me, but I would think about it for sure. Wonder if it kicks in July 1st. Not sure how that works.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  5. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Stepan has run his course here. Time for him to move. If Joe Sakic wasn't high they might be able to work a Duchene swap. However, Sakic thinks Duchene is Crosby.

6. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Think the best deal is Little for Stepan with maybe the Yotes adding Minny's first round pick they acquired. Little isn't going to resign with them in 2 years and he will be 30 then. Little is 55% on draws. This team needs that.