6 Years...and no terrorists attack...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BrewCityBuck, Jul 26, 2007.

1. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

Nobody is letting up, our government and defense departments are going after this problem pretty hard, I don't think thats a problem. I don't see how pulling off a terrorist attack such as a backpack/suicide bomb would be difficult in NYC.

2. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

Racial profiling...duh. If you see a middle-eastern man with a backpack looking nervous and for some reason he just yelled "ALLAH"....I think it becomes pretty obvious.Seriously though, its not as easy to pull it off as it might seem. I saw a special on it, and people who studied terrorist groups say they aim to bring terror. They want to make it as horrific looking as possible and kill as many as possible. Remember, the people on the 9/11 flights has lived in America for several years, built families and had normal lives...atleast thats how it looked. Theres probably others just like that in America now, just being normal until its time.I dont think security will let up anytime soon, but in 10 or 15 years or so, having 2 more presidents, we probably will ease up.

3. BrewCityBuck

Racial profiling aside, the NYC police can't search everyone with a suitcase or backpack, thats a huge city, and if police did tell a suspicious man to stop, he could simply explode his bomb in a matter of a couple seconds, and not all suicide bombers are nervous looking, and most never yell anything, and if they did, there would be no time to react. <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BluffCityBlue @ Jul 27 2007, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Remember, the people on the 9/11 flights has lived in America for several years, built families and had normal lives...atleast thats how it looked. Theres probably others just like that in America now, just being normal until its time.</div>Thats not accurate. The 9/11 hijackers didn't have families in the United States, and none of them had jobs or normal lives, when they were here they were constantly traveling and preparing for the attack, they were all single and the cells lived together and rented homes. Al-Qaeda planted terrorists dont come here with families, it only makes things more difficult, not to mention more risky.

4. playaofthegame

playaofthegame AYO ADRIEN!

:rolleyes:Yeah we haven't any problems COUGHIRAQCOUGH

5. BrewCityBuck

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (playaofthegame @ Jul 27 2007, 04:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>:rolleyes:Yeah we haven't any problems COUGHIRAQCOUGH</div> I'm talking about terrorist attacks on the homeland, not the war.

6. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

I was just joking about the racial profiling thing...and I made it obvious.From what I understood, most of the hijackers seemed to have lived normals lives, and maybe im mistaken, but I could have sworn I saw a special on several terrorists who had built families...which is what I said in the first place..never said they brought them over.

7. KobeBryant_24

KobeBryant_24 BBW Elite Member

It would be so easy for a terrorist to do major harm to any major buildings or airports. I just came home from Seattle, and that airport has many many ways a terrorist can do so much damage. The parking garage is probably the most vulnerable, or perhaps the bathroom.

8. BrewCityBuck

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BluffCityBlue @ Jul 27 2007, 04:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>From what I understood, most of the hijackers seemed to have lived normals lives, and maybe im mistaken, but I could have sworn I saw a special on several terrorists who had built families...which is what I said in the first place..never said they brought them over.</div> The 19 hijackers did not have family living with them in the United States. None of them had the time or were allowed 'to build families'. They were very secluded and for the most part didn't talk to anyone because it would risk them getting caught. They spent most of their time with flight training, physical training, traveling internationally, getting needed paperwork, meeting supporters who supplied them with funds and organizing their plans.<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KobeBryant_24 @ Jul 27 2007, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>It would be so easy for a terrorist to do major harm to any major buildings or airports. I just came home from Seattle, and that airport has many many ways a terrorist can do so much damage. The parking garage is probably the most vulnerable, or perhaps the bathroom.</div> I don't think bathrooms and parking garages are prized targets. [​IMG]

9. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BrewCityBuck @ Jul 27 2007, 04:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>The 19 hijackers did not have family living with them in the United States. None of them had the time or were allowed 'to build families'. They were very secluded and for the most part didn't talk to anyone because it would risk them getting caught. They spend most of their time with flight training, physical training, traveling internationally, getting needed paperwork, meeting supporters who supplied them with funds and organizing their plans.</div>That is why I said im mistaken. I could have sworn I saw a CNN special about several terrorists coming to America and building normal lives and even families and its obvious it isnt the 9/11 attackers, there is no more need for you to say whats been said.And dont waste my PM space...im going to see that you replied in the thread.

10. BrewCityBuck

I just wanted you to reply before I had to go into work.

11. KobeBryant_24

KobeBryant_24 BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BrewCityBuck @ Jul 27 2007, 02:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I don't think bathrooms and parking garages are prized targets. [​IMG]</div>No, but they can put alot of bombs there and blow up a good majority of the buildings so easily.