60+ Games This Season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by ROCK4LIFE, Oct 1, 2005.

1. ROCK4LIFE

ROCK4LIFE Active Member

I think our team is going to win 60 games or better. Here's why. We started off very slow last year. Thats understandable. Tmac and Yao we're feeling each other out, along with the rest of the team. We didn't have an identity. Without that slow start, we would have won atleast 10 more games. This year, Tmac knows what to expect. Yao knows what to expect.

Second, consider we had midseason trades last year. Basically our team performed EXCELLENT given the unfortunate situation. Now we've had time to prepare, and the games we lost last year are going to be wins. Give and take a few games, I say we'll win 62 games this year (I'm being really modest). Tmac will be, well, Tmac. But expect Yao to have a MONSTER year. I truly feel with the added muscle, combined with the much needed rest, he'll come out the gates swinging. Not to mention we still have the best back up center in the league. But wait a minute, I haven't even mentioned the new aquisitions. DA, and Swift will probably struggle a little at first. But by midseason, expect them to get the hang of it. Head's a question mark, but he doesn't have as much pressure. 62 wins.............am I reaching, or is this going to be a magical season for us?

2. bplld

bplld JBB JustBBall Member

I think its possible, but you forgot that every team in the west has upgraded. Practically every team will be playoff contenders, so no wins will come easy. Another thing, we still have a question at the point and with this team, you can expect injuries to slow us down. I would say we can get 58 though.

3. ROCK4LIFE

ROCK4LIFE Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting bplld:</div><div class="quote_post">I think its possible, but you forgot that every team in the west has upgraded. Practically every team will be playoff contenders, so no wins will come easy. Another thing, we still have a question at the point and with this team, you can expect injuries to slow us down. I would say we can get 58 though.</div>
    Yep. your exactly right. I don't think it'll much of a problem, or atleast crossing my fingers. Though we don't have true PG, we have players that can play the position. So it's not going to factor in as much as last year. We have players with speed, that can make plays and handle the ball. Almost every team got better, but the teams that posed a threat all loss key players. Dallas, lost Finley. Suns lost JJ, Q, and there only chance to guard Yao with Hunter. Memphis, don't know if they upgraded significantly. Seattle lost Antonio Daniels, Jerome James, and there coach. All the lowers teams are going to be better, but we're better than them. San Antonio is going to turn heads though............lol

4. ItsShowtyme24

ItsShowtyme24 JBB JustBBall Member

Yea they will get 60 if they played like they did last year and with the new editions then it is very possible.

5. The Dream

The Dream mama there goes that man!

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post"> think its possible, but you forgot that every team in the west has upgraded</div>

Not really......SA and Sac are the only two teams besides the rockets that really upgraded...........but if everyone stays healthy I think 60 wins is very possible.

6. ROCK4LIFE

ROCK4LIFE Active Member

^^^^ well said. San Antonio upgraded. Sacramento has upgraded, but that's pretty much it.

7. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- JBB The Same One

60 is possible. Houston just needs to take care of the easy wins. Rockets are 0-2 against the Bobcats..... I expect them to take care of games like that this year.

8. igotask8board

igotask8board Active Member

lol if we could just play wwith some <font color="red">profanity edited</font> consistency then 60-62 wins should be very possible.

easier said than done though

<font color="red">Make your posts more civilized or you'll be subject to a suspension. ~Trip</font>

9. bbwAce

bbwAce BBW Member

I would say anywhere from 58-62 wins...I think SA could end up with 65 or more, and we would be runner-up with (my estimate) 61...I believe the new additions plus some experience playing with each other are good for another 10 wins...

10. bplld

bplld JBB JustBBall Member

^^^Pheonix lost two valuable guys but recovered pretty well. Some other teams you forgot are the warriors, utah-injury free, dallas did get christie, memphis might have lost a lot but recovered well, same with the suns, and the clippers, wolves and lakers made some nice moves in improving thier roster and denver could make a big move soon too, i think they are bound to get spree right now. Not anything big, but it is going to be a much tougher fight with all these teams now that they want to go to the playoffs. If we can be consistent though and not do something like get swept by the bobcats-my biggest fear, then 60 wins is there.

11. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    I'm not going to predict our wins, but guys, keep in mind that the best win-loss record in the league was season was Phoenix with 62-20.

We have 4 games with the Spurs, 2 each with the Heat, Pacers, Pistons and Cavaliers, and about 11 combined against the Mavericks/Suns/Kings. Those games add up to 23 in total and I'm sure we will lose more than 10 of them. Leaving us with no room to hang around and lose to teams like Memphis, Seattle, Golden State, Denver and Bulls.

It's going to be a hard road ahead if we're banking on 60, guys...

12. uzairah

uzairah JBB Banned Member

i think we're going for 70 wins this season

13. cheen0

cheen0 JBB JustBBall Member

you know what i say? who cares about wins, im just more worried that we make it off into the playoffs again, whether we may have 50 wins 60 wins or 70 wins, all that matters is playoffs

14. market

market JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting uzairah:</div><div class="quote_post">i think we're going for 70 wins this season</div>

you are excessively optimistic,only if so we are the champion this season.

15. shootingmachine

shootingmachine JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rock4life:</div><div class="quote_post">I think our team is going to win 60 games or better. Here's why. We started off very slow last year. Thats understandable. Tmac and Yao we're feeling each other out, along with the rest of the team. We didn't have an identity. Without that slow start, we would have won atleast 10 more games. This year, Tmac knows what to expect. Yao knows what to expect.

Second, consider we had midseason trades last year. Basically our team performed EXCELLENT given the unfortunate situation. Now we've had time to prepare, and the games we lost last year are going to be wins. Give and take a few games, I say we'll win 62 games this year (I'm being really modest). Tmac will be, well, Tmac. But expect Yao to have a MONSTER year. I truly feel with the added muscle, combined with the much needed rest, he'll come out the gates swinging. Not to mention we still have the best back up center in the league. But wait a minute, I haven't even mentioned the new aquisitions. DA, and Swift will probably struggle a little at first. But by midseason, expect them to get the hang of it. Head's a question mark, but he doesn't have as much pressure. 62 wins.............am I reaching, or is this going to be a magical season for us?</div>

Oh yes, very realistic, I would say lakers will win 65+ this year easily. with kobe being, well, kobe and kwame having a huge breakout year averaging 26 and 15 the lakers will be unstoppable. expect kwame to be MVP. he will be MONSTER this year because he is playing with kobe and he was the no.1 pick. plus he has some muscle unlike yao. Mihm will be a beast averaging 20 and 18. i cant believe 3 players on the lakers team are going to average over70 points between them. wow. lakers are going to be unstoppable.

Now stop saying silly things rock4life, i know u are excited but u get overexcited and too optimistic in every post u make.

16. market

market JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting cheen0:</div><div class="quote_post">you know what i say? who cares about wins, im just more worried that we make it off into the playoffs again, whether we may have 50 wins 60 wins or 70 wins, all that matters is playoffs</div>

er,what you say is to the point,we should do a better job in the playoffs.last season,we usually had 6 or 7 straight wins, we have beatedspurs,suns,supersonic and so on,but we even couldn't get through the first round.

I think we will rank 2 or 3 this season ,that may mean we will have about 60 wins,everything will go well,just wait to see a wonderful season.

17. ROCK4LIFE

ROCK4LIFE Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting shootingmachine:</div><div class="quote_post">Now stop saying silly things rock4life, i know u are excited but u get overexcited and too optimistic in every post u make.</div>
    Realistically, that's only 10 games over what we won last year. I understand your not the biggest Rocket fan, but some of things you've stated have been very questionable.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting shootingmachine:</div><div class="quote_post">
    Get over it Rockets fans. Yao is a very good player with huge Potential but he is not better than Amare Stoudemire or Ben Wallace (not yet anyways)</div>
    Now I could respect your opinion, but this comment says alot about how "optimistic" of Yao and the Rockets. Just about everybody sees Yao as the second best center, but for some reason YOU don't. Now YOU come in here and say that 10 more wins is unrealistc for the Rockets. I see a pattern here..........

18. shootingmachine

shootingmachine JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rock4life:</div><div class="quote_post">Realistically, that's only 10 games over what we won last year. I understand your not the biggest Rocket fan, but some of things you've stated have been very questionable.

Now I could respect your opinion, but this comment says alot about how "optimistic" of Yao and the Rockets. Just about everybody sees Yao as the second best center, but for some reason YOU don't. Now YOU come in here and say that 10 more wins is unrealistc for the Rockets. I see a pattern here..........</div>

OK I dont want u as my enemy, I would rank Ben ahead of Yao (only for the moment, yao will be better than ben soon) going by impact (know it sounds crazy but bear with me, its all opinions) but if i was compiling the top 10 centers, Yao would be no.2 because of his potential and because he is still young, I would take Yao ahead of Ben in a flash, as i have said before. U all seem to think I hate Yao, not the case at all. And I dont dislike rockets or there fans, but the fans on this site annoy me, not all them but some of them starting pointless topics and going on about Yao 24/7. Even u rock4life have to admit there are certain fans on this site that take it too far.

19. TmacGarnett

TmacGarnett JBB JustBBall Member

Wasn't this thread about the Rockets winning 60+ games??

Rockets will fall short of 60 games with about 56-58 wins because not only has the west gotten stronger the east has also gotten stronger.

20. buzzer555

buzzer555 JBB JustBBall Member

This season all I'm hoping for is a solid playoff run. Winnig 60 is possible but I don't really see it happening this season (hopefully I'm wrong). I'm holding out for a 55 to 58 win record in the regular season and anything more will be seen as a bonus to me.

As Locke (I'm more used to sayin Trip still lol) stated we have 23 games against the top tier teams and we will undoubtly lose more than a couple against some of them. Goin for the 60 wins is reachable but is more wishful thinking to me than anything else. Again I'm am very happy to be proven wrong. [​IMG]