60+ Games This Season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by ROCK4LIFE, Oct 1, 2005.

1. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting TheAnswer2:</div><div class="quote_post">Right, but McGrady would've been the more logical choice to guard Lebron. He was listed as a SG but actually played SF most of the time.</div>
    Well, from what I saw, it was Wesley D'ing up on Lebron. TMac shifted over at times too but Wesley did more than a fair share.

2. Skiptomylue11

Skiptomylue11 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rock4life:</div><div class="quote_post">Yao also had a 20pt 20reb game against Amare too. Also, Amare couldn't even put a body on Duncan in the playoffs. But I ain't the only one who knows about his lack of defense, just listen to the experts. </div>
    Shawn Marion was covering Duncan in the playoffs, which was a tough assignment.

Also Amare had two 30+ point games against the rockets, Phoenix is better at the 4 & 5 now, having Marion at the 4 is a major disadvantage.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rock4life:</div><div class="quote_post">That's what your not seeing Skip........THEY CAN'T DEFEND CENTERS. Kurt Thomas's defense is good AT TIMES, but theres no way he can keep up with the bigman of the west. Brian Grant is over. His hayday with Portland is long gone. Bigger centers will get the best of Phoenix every night. Between Thomas, Grant, and Stoudamire, none of them are big enought to guard a legit 7footer. Keep in mind, they have no shotblocker on the team either.</div>
    Grant and Kurt Thomas have been covering centers for very long times, I don't understand how to explain this further.

I have no doubt that Yao will get his points, however last season Amare held Yao to 17.5 points, which isn't too bad. Explain how Phoenix's defense will be worse down low by adding two players... Marion was very undersized at PF.

As well with any arguement about Steven Hunter, I'm sure the guy has potential. But when he played for the Suns he seemed like he was always nervous. He would miss dishes from Nash and wasn't strong enough down low.