76ers Fact Or Fiction

Discussion in 'Philadelphia 76ers' started by Avery, Aug 29, 2005.

1. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">When NBA players, and agents are getting a deal done they are always going to mention how much the other teams are offering and that?s how those guys got those contracts. Dalembert was said to possibly get a big contract from Atlanta, I think Dallas offered the same money as Philly did to Steven Hunter, and the same with the other free agents we signed. I agree though, giving the young players big money is definitely very risky, hopefully it can turn out though because if it can the 76ers have a very bright future.</div>
    Thats very true, but I'd also like to ask if anyone knows if Korver got any offers from other teams. Because during the offseason, he wasn't really courted with and from reading Hoopshype, teams weren't really interested in him, probably from his lackluster playoff debut. And yet, we give him a 20 million dollar contract. Am I missing something here? I'll give Green an exception since Utah somewhat was interested in him, but still, that's a bit too much for my taste. I guess we'll see how this all pans out.
    <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Fact or Fiction- AI will be top three in assists per game this season.</div>
    Fiction, I think the highest he'll rank will be the fourth- behind Kidd, Knight, and Nash. He certainly has enough minutes and the coach to get close though.

Fact or Fiction: Dalembert will be in the top 10 for blocks per game.

2. XunS

XunS JBB JustBBall Member

I really want to say that it is fact. But some part of me tells me that it might be ficiton because of Big Ben, Ratliff, Camby, Foyle, Yao, Kirilenko and the likes.

However, I'll still go with fact. I think Dalembert will blossom into a really strong defensive force, even stronger than he is now. Hopefully Mo cheeks will bring the best out of him and onto the court and he stays injury free.

3. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

fact or fiction: the sixers are done with the free agent signing this off season

(sorry if this has been posted)

4. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

I'd probably say fact. It seems as if their roster is set to go on into the season and if nessecary they may tweak up the roster a little bit. But it is still possible they sign someone else like Dajuan Wagner.

Fact or Fiction: Andre Iguodala comes back with a sophmore season full of a whole new range of offfensive moves.

5. fatballer_10

fatballer_10 JBB JustBBall Member

Fact. Working hard through the off season is something he has concentrated on. He realises that his offense is the area of his game that can improve the most and will be focused on that. With Green going down he may be asked to carry some of the scoring as part of a second unit. He will flourish in this role.

Fact or Fiction: AI or AI2 will post a triple double at some point this season?

6. MAKEOUTCITY

MAKEOUTCITY JBB JustBBall Member

Fact: AI will post a triple double, maybe even two. As for Igoudala, well...he likes snickers bars.

F/F: Webber will get injured and is prompted to retire after the season.

7. XunS

Fiction. If I'm not wrong he just rehabbed his knee so he should be concentrating on getting it stronger so it won't be injured that easily. Other then his knee, I can't see any other injury prompting C Webb to retire.

Fact or Fiction : AI will improve on his assist to turnover ratio next season.

8. Martin

Martin Back from retirement

Fact,he won't be with the ball as much as he has been before so it will be better.

F/F:Webber will get a Triple Double as a Sixer next season

9. XunS

Fact : Webber definitely has it in him to be capable of a triple double. Points, rebounds and assist. His passing is pretty good as seen from his sacramento days pairing up with Bibby and Divac to spilt the defense. If his hops are still with him, I don't see why Webber can't achieve a triple double.

Fact or Fiction : Dalembert will be a future Defensive Player of the Year.

10. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

Fact. I wouldn't be suprised if he does get it.

Fact or Fiction: We'll see Iguodala put more players on posters like last season.

11. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">
    Fact or Fiction: We'll see Iguodala put more players on posters like last season.</div>
    Fact, don't see why not. He did a couple on Jumaine Jones, some against the Lakers, and one on Detroit last season. Iguodala no doubt has some more dunks up his sleeves.

Fact or Fiction: Dalembert will be showing off an improved jumper next season.

12. CMaTT

CMaTT JBB JustBBall Member

Fiction: This guy need to first learn how to catch the ball...rock hard hands...

Fact or Fiction: Eric Williams will be a 76ers in the next month

13. B.e.

I forgot about Eric Williams. I haven't heard anything about him in a while actually. He'd be an ok addition to the team. But right now I'm going to say ficition.

Fact or Fiction; Steven Hunter and Samuel Dalembert will combine for about 6 blocks a game this season.

14. Really Lost One

fiction. that basically means 3 blocks a piece. i dont see it happening. 4 or 5 is more realistic.

fact or fiction: louis williams will get playing time this season

15. playmaker15

playmaker15 JBB Droppin Dimes

Fiction, as a rookie coming out of high school, I don't see him doing much.

F or F Louis Williams will become the next great Sixers superstar.

16. Really Lost One

^fiction, as much as i would like to see it happen, i doubt it. but i do think he can be a valuable player, and maybe even get all star honors, but i really dont see him being our next "super star".

fact or fiction: sixers have enough weapons to beat the heat

17. B.e.

Fiction, if the Heat mesh like they should they are going to be hard to beat. But the starters have to stay healthy in order for the Heat to play well. But you never know, I think the 76ers can be a tough team to beat if AI and C Webb mesh. But still, the Heat do have more weapons because more people want to play in Miami.

18. Vinsanity15vc

Vinsanity15vc JBB JustBBall Member

I doubt the 76ers could handle the firepower that the heat has to offer. Maybe on a lucky day the 76ers could top them though.

Fact or Fiction
    A.I. & C.Webb will co-exist and be the surprise team of the year and will make it to the eastern conference finals

19. B.e.

I'm not going to say fact or ficition, the 76es can be the surprise team thoug, but I think they'll really come along about halfway through next season.

Fact or Fiction: Andre Iguodala will average a double double or triple double sometime in the future.

20. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">
    Fact or Fiction: Andre Iguodala will average a double double or triple double sometime in the future.</div>
    Fiction, sorry I just don't see it happening. I think he is more of a Kirilenko type player that goes for five by fives but I just can't see him averaging double doubles or triple doubles.

Fact or Fiction: Iverson will average a double double sometime in the future.