76ers Fact Or Fiction

Discussion in 'Philadelphia 76ers' started by Avery, Aug 29, 2005.

1. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

Fact. In one point in his career I definitely think AI is going to average at least 20 points and 10 assists a game.

Fact or fiction didn't really sound right, but does anyone think the 76ers should go after Jalen Rose? (just act like this is a fact or fiction)

2. TheAnswer2

TheAnswer2 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting B-22:</div><div class="quote_post">Fact. In one point in his career I definitely think AI is going to average at least 20 points and 10 assists a game.

Fact or fiction didn't really sound right, but does anyone think the 76ers should go after Jalen Rose? (just act like this is a fact or fiction)</div>

I don't see this as a bad thing, he'd be a third scoring option, and seeing his laid back demeanor, I doubt an ego would be bruised.

F/F: AI will break into the Top 10 on the all time scoring list.

3. CMaTT

CMaTT JBB JustBBall Member

Iverson 16,738 (not including post season)
    10. John Havlicek 26,395

Iverson avg 1859.7 points per season
    so if he keeps pace, he needs another 5 years to crack top 10.
    I will go with FACT. Only because I see iverson playing another 6-7 years, and if he goes down a little, he might hav enough to pass #10 at most. Top 5 will be hard for him.

Fact or Fiction: Sixers will seed top 4 this post season

4. B.e.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TheAnswer2:</div><div class="quote_post">I don't see this as a bad thing, he'd be a third scoring option, and seeing his laid back demeanor, I doubt an ego would be bruised.

F/F: AI will break into the Top 10 on the all time scoring list.</div>
    AI is already top three in points per game of all time so you can consider that a scoring top ten stat. It is hard to say if he makes the other list, for points scored all time. He isn't even top 30 right now.

By the way I wasn't speaking of Rose in a bad way, I want the 76ers to get him lol.

Fact or Fiction; The 76ers will remain relativley healthy for the upcoming season.

5. XunS

XunS JBB JustBBall Member

Fiction. Ai is already late in his career andI don't really see much "future" for him in averaging double doubles. He'll put up nice numbers like 20-5-3, but double double? I don't think so.

Fact or Fiction : Mo Cheeks will give Louis Williams big minutes if Kyle Korver or Iggy suffers some major injury.

6. Confidence_5

Confidence_5 JBB JustBBall Member

mo cheeks will slowly move louis in the rotation or maybe right away..but he will be the next big thing in philly just work on point guard skills and defense..kid's offensive skills is one of the best on the squad trust me..i thought korver or iggy will get injured..well maybe injured but nothin serious

7. Vinsanity15vc

Vinsanity15vc JBB JustBBall Member

ok theres no other fact or fiction to answer so i'll just make this

Fact or Fiction
    C.Webb will average 20/10/5 for this season.

8. Skiptomylue11

Skiptomylue11 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Vinsanity15vc:</div><div class="quote_post">ok theres no other fact or fiction to answer so i'll just make this

Fact or Fiction
    C.Webb will average 20/10/5 for this season.</div>

Fiction, he will average 17, 7, and 4

F/F, Iguodala will participate in the Slam Dunk contest and win.

9. Vinsanity15vc

Fiction, I think he will participate but i don't think he can win it if josh smith is in it again. Josh Smith was amazing last year and i wouldn't be surprised to see him in it and taking it again.

Fact or Fiction
    C.Webb or Iguodala will make the all-star team

10. XunS

Fiction. I don't see the NBA coaches or fans choosing CWebb or Iggy over JO, Paul Pierce, LBJ, Artest etc. It just wouldn't happen.

Fact or Fiction : Mid-way through the season, Korver will be traded for a much more atlethic guy with better defensive awareness.

11. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

Fact, bring Gerald Wallace over here, he was a great defender for my 'Cats, make it happen!

lol nah but seriously, I don't know. I wouldn't be real suprised if we did ship Korver though.

Fact or Fiction: Sixers will suprise us and trade for a top 5 draft pick on draft night.

12. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

^ well, there is always a possibility, and you didnt say when, so yes. fact. i guess this will happen somewhere in the near future.

fact or fiction: josh davis will resign with the sixers

13. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

Fiction. I don't see him being a Sixer for much longer.

Fact or Fiction: Louis Williams will be the future of this team after Iverson retires.

14. TheAnswer2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Psycho Drama:</div><div class="quote_post">Fiction. I don't see him being a Sixer for much longer.

Fact or Fiction: Louis Williams will be the future of this team after Iverson retires.</div>

There's no doubt the kid's a scorer, he put up incredible numbers in HS, but I don't think he has speed like Iverson to lead a team in scoring. Playmaker possibly. I'm gonna say fiction, I'd like to see more of a team unit, Iggy's a slasher, Korver's the outside threat and Louie's setting them up..

F/F: Iggy will one day average 20..6..and 4

15. XunS

Fact. Iggy's got a truckload of talent, just give him some time and he'll show us what he is capable of.

Fact or Fiction : Deng Gai will play center in the future and go on to be the 2nd Ben Wallace. (Undrafted, All-Star, Defensive Player of the year)

16. Avery

Avery JBB IDIOT!! GOSH!!!

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Fact or Fiction : Deng Gai will play center in the future and go on to be the 2nd Ben Wallace. (Undrafted, All-Star, Defensive Player of the year)</div>

Fiction. We would have to see how he actually plays first. All this is speculation. There must be some concrete fact that can make an argument before you can judge his future.

F or F: Iverson will be a 10X All-Star by the time he retires.

17. TheAnswer2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Avery:</div><div class="quote_post">F or F: Iverson will be a 10X All-Star by the time he retires.</div>

Fact. He's already had 6 games, and to me, he seems to be an automatic pick for starter. Despite his image, he has incredible popularity.

F/F: AI will win 2 to 3 more scoring titles.

18. B.e.

Its definitely possible Allen Iverson is one of the most prolific scorers of all time, it would not surprise me at all if he won this years and next years. But it will get tougher to do, AI is going to get older and the great young guys are getting better.

Fact or Fiction: Willie Green will win the most improved player award this season.

19. CMaTT

CMaTT JBB JustBBall Member

Fiction: Willie Green has one of the worst injuries for a basketball player. This is going to be really hard to come back on. He isnt a superstar calibur player, so playing worse, he wont come close to winning the MIP

Fact or Fiction: Sixers will seed top 4 this post season (repeat, no one answered it last time)

20. Vinsanity15vc

Fiction, the only way they get into the top 4 is if they win the atlantic. Even though the Atlantic is weak i think the Nets will win it because they made a run last year with just J. Kidd & VC. this year they will have RJ to add to the mix.

Fact or Fiction
    C.Webb will get 3 or more triple doubles this upcoming season.