76ers Fact Or Fiction

Discussion in 'Philadelphia 76ers' started by Avery, Aug 29, 2005.

1. TheAnswer2

TheAnswer2 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Vinsanity15vc:</div><div class="quote_post">Fiction, the only way they get into the top 4 is if they win the atlantic. Even though the Atlantic is weak i think the Nets will win it because they made a run last year with just J. Kidd & VC. this year they will have RJ to add to the mix.

Fact or Fiction
    C.Webb will get 3 or more triple doubles this upcoming season.</div>

True they had a run, but I just seem to have this feeling that you're being biased towards us. Philly has a more complete team. Rebounding, shot-blocking big man, scoring PF who can pass the ball nicely, sharpshooting SF, high-flying defending SG and a guard who can lead the league in scoring whenever he wants. Yea, it sounds good on paper, but I think Philly just has more to offer than NJ. Not to mention Boston who I think is a solid team almost every damn year.

Fact. I think CWebb, if he's as rehabilitated as everyone is saying then I think he has it in him to record 3 TD's. I think it's just a matter of how well he fits into Cheek's system..

F/F: Dalembert can lead the league in BPG. (I met this guy at Sixers basketball camp, he has such good timing and explosive hops it's a wonder this guy isn't leading the league.)

2. Vinsanity15vc

Vinsanity15vc JBB JustBBall Member

I'm not being biased towards the 76ers. I actually like the 76ers roster and coaching staff that they have right now. It's just that the Nets have more veteran leadership. Jason Kidd has lead his team to the Finals twice and RJ has been there both times so he has that veteran leadership. Vince took A.I. and the 76ers to 7 games the year that the 76ers did make it to the finals so im sayin they have more veterans that can help them on their way to winning the atlantic. However i do think the 76ers can win the Atlantic if A.I. and C.Webb can mesh and work in Cheek's system. However they have 3 youngs in their starting line up that still need another season in their belt to really be at a contending status.

Fact from the games i saw Dalembert can get up to get blocked shots. He does seem to have a long wingspan so its very possible he can lead the league in blocks. However i think it will be hard with many shot blockers like Ben Wallace, Duncan, and Garnett.

Fact or Fiction
    The 76ers will make a trade involving Mashburn's contract to get a role player to help the 76ers get a stronger bench.

3. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

Fact, that definitely needs to be a consideration for Philadelphia right now. They are in need of seasoned players who know how to contribute to a game by doing off the stat sheet things such as distributing the ball, finding the whole in the defense. The 76ers also need a player who has good awareness on both sides of the court. It would be great if the 76ers could get a veteran player who can start at shooting guard or small forward. Avery had a very nice scenario in which we gave the Spurs a draft pick and Mashburn and then they trade us Brent Barry. Barry plays ok defense but he knows how to play his roll on an offense and would also provide good leadership. San Antonio does this trade because they recently just got Finley so that will definitely effect Barry's playing time, it also gives them a little more cap room.

Does anyone else notice that Samuel Dalembert could be so much better on the offensive end? A lot of times he gets open inside and he cannot handle the bullet pass AI or other Sixers throw to him. With that being said; fact or fiction, Samuel Dalembert will be more aware on the offensive end this upcoming season.

4. Answer_AI03

Answer_AI03 JBB JustBBall Member

Samuel Dalembert is UNDERRATED on offense. He doesnt have a whole lot of low post moves, but i can garuntee you that he's learning some from C-Webb. He already is as athletic as any center in the league, and has a decent shot. I believe that if he developes an up and under move, or a good drop step he will be a dominant force at center.

Fact or fiction: The sixers will overtake the pistons and pacers and be second to miami in the east.

5. B.e.

Fiction and fact, unless the 76ers have the best record in the East the highest spot they can get would be the third seed. The Pacers and Pistons are in the same divison so if the 76ers win the Atlantic on of those two would be behind the 76ers.

Fact or Fiction, C Webb will average over 5 assists.

6. TmacGarnett

TmacGarnett JBB JustBBall Member

fiction
    to many people to hand out assists maybe 3 or 4 at the most but not 5

f or f
    iguadala becomes known as a defensive prodigy

7. TheAnswer2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TmacGarnett:</div><div class="quote_post">fiction
    to many people to hand out assists maybe 3 or 4 at the most but not 5

f or f
    iguadala becomes known as a defensive prodigy</div>

By prodigy I'll say 'comparable to Artest' and I'm going to go with FACT. Only because everyone didn't expect him to become the incredible defensive stopper he turned out to be in only his rookie year. I think once he gets a little older and puts a little weight on he'll be one of the best in the league.

F/F: Iverson will play over 75 games this season.

8. B.e.

Fact, AI is tough unless it is a very major injury I don't expect him to be out much.

Fact or Fiction, Lee Nailon will start at the small forward spot.

9. RuN WiT iT

RuN WiT iT JBB JustBBall Member

Fact, I say that because Korver would be a perfect 6th man... a spark on the offense, but... Nailon could be used for the same thing, but I got a feeling Nailon will start.

10. Avery

Avery JBB IDIOT!! GOSH!!!

F or F: Dalembert and Iguodala will each make one of the three All-Defensive teams.

11. B.e.

I'd say fact, Dalembert was a top shot blocker the season before last and then O'Briens system messed him up. Hopefully MO's defensive schemes fit Dalembert better. If he plays in the right system he could easily be top five in the league in blocks. Andre is what he is, a tough on the ball defender and he was also top ten in steals along with AI. Definitely a top defender in the league.

Fact or Fiction the 76ers roster is set for training camp.

12. Apollo

Apollo JBB Into The Fire

^I think so, the signing of Nailon was the last straw for signings but who knows what Billy King will do next.

Fact or Fiction- Nailon has potential.

13. AIFan

AIFan JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting The Soft Parade:</div><div class="quote_post">^I think so, the signing of Nailon was the last straw for signings but who knows what Billy King will do next.

Fact or Fiction- Nailon has potential.</div>Fact

The 6-foot-8, 240-pound Nailon is coming off his finest season as a pro. The 30-year-old averaged 14.2 points and 4.4 rebounds - both career highs - in 68 games last season for the New Orleans Hornets. He shot nearly 48 percent from the field and better than 80 percent from the free-throw line.

F or F: The Sixers will make it out of the preseason with no major injuries.

14. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

Ahhh don't jinx it..

But I guess I'll say fact. I hope so.

F or F: Nailon will be that "missing piece" this season.

15. AIFan

AIFan JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Psycho Drama:</div><div class="quote_post">Ahhh don't jinx it..

But I guess I'll say fact. I hope so.

F or F: Nailon will be that "missing piece" this season.</div>That makes two of us.

I don't know how much of an impact he'll have on this season, not really much you can do getting sparse minutes coming off the bench. So i'm gonna say fiction.

F or F: With AI focusing so much on assists this year, someone else will lead the team in scoring.

16. Terminator-X

Terminator-X JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting AIFan:</div><div class="quote_post">That makes two of us.

I don't know how much of an impact he'll have on this season, not really much you can do getting sparse minutes coming off the bench. So i'm gonna say fiction.

F or F: With AI focusing so much on assists this year, someone else will lead the team in scoring.</div>

LOL..........someone else will lead the team in scoring this year !

Yeah and i`m gonna take beyonce off of jay-z as well

17. lil nba

lil nba JBB JustBBall Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] Fact:I know allen and webber will mesh in the season.

FoF The sixers have just as the same chance of winning it all as the spurs and the heat?

18. Avery

Avery JBB IDIOT!! GOSH!!!

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">LOL..........someone else will lead the team in scoring this year !</div>

It's not as far-fetched as you may think. Webber is by far the best player the Sixers ever had playing along Iverson and with the respect A.I has for Coach Cheeks, I wouldn't be surprised if A.I did what Mo asked of him and that's to lead the league in assists and if doing so, don't be surprised if Webber is the team leading scorer. Now while I don't think he will lead the league in assist and he will continue lead his team in scoring, the fact of having Webber leading the team in scoring is not impossible and it can actually happen. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised at all if it happened.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">FoF The sixers have just as the same chance of winning it all as the spurs and the heat?</div>

Ficition. No need to explain.

F or F: This is the longest F or F thread ever on JBB(courtesy of us Sixers fan of course). [​IMG]

19. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

Fiction, with my post, Magics one and ours are tied. [​IMG]

Fact or Fiction, Steven Hunter and Dalembert will be our front court duo for years to come.

20. TheAnswer2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting AznxBaller:</div><div class="quote_post">Fiction, with my post, Magics one and ours are tied. [​IMG]

Fact or Fiction, Steven Hunter and Dalembert will be our front court duo for years to come.</div>

Fiction: True, Hunter is young and unless he shows major potential and works on his game I don't see him becoming any more than a mediocre player.

F/F: Iggy will make the All-Star team within the next 3 years.