76ers Fact Or Fiction

Discussion in 'Philadelphia 76ers' started by Avery, Aug 29, 2005.

1. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

I'm going to say fiction. I think Allen is going to be here for three more years and with Allen as the teams main focus then I doubt Dre will become an all star. When it is all said and done hopefully this team will become his and he becomes an all star and all that good stuff.

Fact or Fiction: The 76ers will resign Chris Webber when his deal ends.

2. JWohl

JWohl JBB Lovin the BCS

Fiction, they won't resign him.

on the topic of Webber

F/F Webber will put up signifigantly better numbers with the sixers this year than he did in the 21 games with them last year when he played possibly the worst stretch of basketball in his career.

3. TheAnswer2

TheAnswer2 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting B-22:</div><div class="quote_post">I'm going to say fiction. I think Allen is going to be here for three more years and with Allen as the teams main focus then I doubt Dre will become an all star. When it is all said and done hopefully this team will become his and he becomes an all star and all that good stuff.</div>

Didn't you see this year's all star game? Don't you know that members of the same team can make the all star team?

Fiction: I wouldn't say significantly bigger number, but better ones. If Iggy's really improving his offense then that would be less time that CWebb has the ball.

F/F: Last season AI dropped over 2,300 points. He'll reach that or score more this season.

4. B.e.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Didn't you see this year's all star game? Don't you know that members of the same team can make the all star team?
    </div>
    Yes, I watched last years all star game. The majority of the players on the team were frmo different teams. Shaq and Wade, and then the Wizards two. But what my point is look at Antwan Jamison and Gil. Do you realize how long it took them to make the All Star team? That is why I don't think Andre will become one within the next few years. He has a while to go before he reaches all star status. Also there is not much basis for him to even be a future all star, yes he is a promising player but it has only been playing for one season, he hasn't showed us anything that will make us think of him as a definite future all star.

Also your f/f with Iverson I say fact. Despite the buzz goign around that he'll be more pass oriented I think it is safe to say we'll see the same old AI. I honestly think he has the ability to average 30 and 10, after all he did do that in the playoffs the question is can he do that over a span of 82 games?

Fact or Fiction Allen Iverson, and Chris Webber will be a top 5 scoring duo this season.

5. TheAnswer2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting B-22:</div><div class="quote_post">Yes, I watched last years all star game. The majority of the players on the team were frmo different teams. Shaq and Wade, and then the Wizards two. But what my point is look at Antwan Jamison and Gil. Do you realize how long it took them to make the All Star team? That is why I don't think Andre will become one within the next few years. He has a while to go before he reaches all star status. Also there is not much basis for him to even be a future all star, yes he is a promising player but it has only been playing for one season, he hasn't showed us anything that will make us think of him as a definite future all star.

Also your f/f with Iverson I say fact. Despite the buzz goign around that he'll be more pass oriented I think it is safe to say we'll see the same old AI. I honestly think he has the ability to average 30 and 10, after all he did do that in the playoffs the question is can he do that over a span of 82 games?

Fact or Fiction Allen Iverson, and Chris Webber will be a top 5 scoring duo this season.</div>

Fiction, I can't see Webby averaging more than 23 ppg.

F/F: AI will have more game-winning shots/'steals'/assists this season

6. Apollo

Apollo JBB Into The Fire

Out of the 3, I think his assist ratio will go up.

Lee Nailon will be gone by the deadline.

Fact or Fiction?

7. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

I'll say fiction, unless BK's got something up his sleeve again.

F or F: Louis Williams is underrated.

8. TheAnswer2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Psycho Drama:</div><div class="quote_post">I'll say fiction, unless BK's got something up his sleeve again.

F or F: Louis Williams is underrated.</div>

Definitely, he was voted the country's best high school player. I remember reading about him and how much he resembled Iverson, then was shocked when Philly ended up drafting him. He'll be good, because like Jameer Nelson, he'll have something to prove.

Edit: F/F: Louie Williams will start at least one game.

9. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

Fact, if Iverson gets injured and they dont decide to start Salmons, then Louis will probably get a start.

F or F: BK will try to work something out to get themselves in position to draft none other than Rudy Gay in the 2006 draft.

10. B.e.

Fiction R.Gay is probably going to be picked top 5 and I doubt the 76ers won't have a top five pick. I think they should take a power forward, Josh Boone doesn't seem like a bad choice from UConn and he could fill in the backup spot for the Sixers assuming that Shavlik, or Gai don't work out. But you never know what will happen, or whose stock will decrease or increase so it is a little to early to be worried about the draft right now.

Fact or Fiction; Webber will stay healthy and play 75 games this season.

11. Answer_AI03

Answer_AI03 JBB JustBBall Member

Fact. I believe that C-Webb has improved his knee and his overall conditioning over the offseason and he will be able to stay in for at least 7 games. Also, i bet that Mo will give him some rests over the coarse of the season so he wont be injured.

Fact or Fiction: The two AIs will turn into the great scoring duo, not AI and C-webb.

12. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting B-22:</div><div class="quote_post">Fiction R.Gay is probably going to be picked top 5 and I doubt the 76ers won't have a top five pick. I think they should take a power forward, Josh Boone doesn't seem like a bad choice from UConn and he could fill in the backup spot for the Sixers assuming that Shavlik, or Gai don't work out. But you never know what will happen, or whose stock will decrease or increase so it is a little to early to be worried about the draft right now.

Fact or Fiction; Webber will stay healthy and play 75 games this season.</div>

No no, you didn't read that right, when I said that I meant like he will like, trade for a top 5 pick, lol.

And actually I'm going to say fiction, Iggs doesn't really need to be a big time scorer to be a good player in this leauge. So more than likely AI and C-Webb will be the main scoring duo.

F or F: Lee Nailon will be a Sixer for the rest of his career.

13. Avery

Avery JBB IDIOT!! GOSH!!!

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">F or F: Lee Nailon will be a Sixer for the rest of his career.</div>

Fiction. His next team will be his last stop.

Fact or Fiction: Chris Webber will make the All-Star team.

14. Mo.Matik

Mo.Matik JBB JustBBall Member

Fiction. The mans served his time on the all-star team. It's not his age thats all the problem, its his legs.

Fact or Fiction: Andre Iguodala is the closest thing to the next Scottie Pippen.

15. TheAnswer2

Fiction. Iggy is the closest thing to the next Iggy. He'll be his own player and play his own game, calling him the "Next Pippen" doesn't do him justice. The next "All Around Player" is better, and in that case I'd give him a fact, I'd like to see him rebound, pass, and score more, and the more he works on his game the more he will.

F/F:The 76ers will be a .500+ team this year

16. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

fact. if everyone stays healthy, there is no doubt that they will at least be above .500. if this team gets any less, it will be a dissapointment.

fact or fiction: willie green will rehab quickly and come back before the playoffs start

17. Avery

Avery JBB IDIOT!! GOSH!!!

Fact: He might come as early as the end of the first half of the season.

Fact or Fiction: Iverson will win league MVP.

18. B.e.

I'm going to go with fact. I like what AI is doing so far in the preseason. He is showing he can still score the same way because he is shooting a better percentage and scoring in bunches in about half the time he will normally get. I know preseason isn't a very good measuring stick but I think AI can do it this year. But with that being said, Philadelphia has to be a top team in the east in order for him to win the order. They can't have a sub par record.

Fact or Fiction: Sam and Steve will combine to be a top duo when it comes to shots blocked per game.

19. lil nba

lil nba JBB JustBBall Member

Fact Sam and Hunter can be the top blocking duo if hunter gets about the same minutes as Sam.

F/F Philly has the same chance of winning it all as the heat, spurs and the pistons.

20. TheAnswer2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting lil nba:</div><div class="quote_post">Fact Sam and Hunter can be the top blocking duo if hunter gets about the same minutes as Sam.

F/F Philly has the same chance of winning it all as the heat, spurs and the pistons.</div>

This FF was already asked, and again, an answer is not necessary.

F/F: AI can lead the league in scoring and assists this year. Take into account the fact that Nash lost Stoudemire, but Kidd has VC and RJ.