9/7/06 Steelers 28 Dolphins 17

Discussion in 'AFC North' started by DolfanDale, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (manofsteel)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (manofsteel)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    You took his post then you extracted one sentence out of my response. I directly responded to the quote you posted but you chose to cut and paste a sentence that would serve your post better right? That's f'ed up to do to someone. I would not expect a so called "moderator" to extract sentences from people's posts, then copy them in response to someone else's post. Aren't you the same guy that lied about the Steeler's penalty stats?</div>
    First of all, i am quoting from same thread, I dont have to quote every word, they just read it. I didnt lie. I admitted a mistake. I have posted 100s of stats on this site, rookie, and i thats the first time i believe i posted them wrong. You would know better if you had been here longer. You argument doesnt even hold water on this. You saying that i am misquoting you in a thread where i quoted exactly and the whole convesation is there for anyone to read is crazy. Its not misquoting. Its not piecing together. Its QUOTING YOU.</div>
    I never said you misquoted me, I said you were taking a statement posted to me then deleting all but one sentence of my response, that would be piecing together. I don't appreciate that. Feel free to argue anything I say as forcefully as you like, just don't change what I post. Be a man and come up with a response to everything I say rather than bits and pieces.</div>
    I will extract the specific point i am refering to as i see fit within a thread. Like I stated your post were all there for anyone to read. IT IS ONE THREAD. If i pull a post from another thread and do that, and dont indicate there is more text in the post, then it would be accurate. However, your statement is wrong. In all ways and forms. btw, i sorted by a different field than you, and that is how my eye slipped 1 line. I guess even though you sorted by one stat you assumed i did the same. You were wrong. No big deal, you are wrong about just about everything. Only difference is, i have admitted when i am wrong on these forums, and you wont.

2. FLORIDA PACKER

FLORIDA PACKER nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBeef)</div><div class='quotemain'>thats like saying that the Cheeseheads we have on this site are actually made of cheese and then continuting to argue that after being told they are really just humans that wear cheese hats....</div>
    Take IT BACK!

3. manofsteel

manofsteel nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (manofsteel)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    First of all, i am quoting from same thread, I dont have to quote every word, they just read it. I didnt lie. I admitted a mistake. I have posted 100s of stats on this site, rookie, and i thats the first time i believe i posted them wrong. You would know better if you had been here longer. You argument doesnt even hold water on this. You saying that i am misquoting you in a thread where i quoted exactly and the whole convesation is there for anyone to read is crazy. Its not misquoting. Its not piecing together. Its QUOTING YOU.</div>
    I never said you misquoted me, I said you were taking a statement posted to me then deleting all but one sentence of my response, that would be piecing together. I don't appreciate that. Feel free to argue anything I say as forcefully as you like, just don't change what I post. Be a man and come up with a response to everything I say rather than bits and pieces.</div>
    I will extract the specific point i am refering to as i see fit within a thread. Like I stated your post were all there for anyone to read. IT IS ONE THREAD. If i pull a post from another thread and do that, and dont indicate there is more text in the post, then it would be accurate. However, your statement is wrong. In all ways and forms. btw, i sorted by a different field than you, and that is how my eye slipped 1 line. I guess even though you sorted by one stat you assumed i did the same. You were wrong. No big deal, you are wrong about just about everything. Only difference is, i have admitted when i am wrong on these forums, and you wont.</div>
    You admitted you were wrong because I proved that you were wrong. I will admit I am wrong if you ever prove that something I post is wrong.

4. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (manofsteel)</div><div class='quotemain'>You admitted you were wrong because I proved that you were wrong. I will admit I am wrong if you ever prove that something I post is wrong.</div>
    I will give you some credit in this area MoS....some of them times I've proven you wrong, you did admit it....

5. Bearsfan1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (manofsteel)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (manofsteel)</div><div class='quotemain'>I never said you misquoted me, I said you were taking a statement posted to me then deleting all but one sentence of my response, that would be piecing together. I don't appreciate that. Feel free to argue anything I say as forcefully as you like, just don't change what I post. Be a man and come up with a response to everything I say rather than bits and pieces.</div>
    I will extract the specific point i am refering to as i see fit within a thread. Like I stated your post were all there for anyone to read. IT IS ONE THREAD. If i pull a post from another thread and do that, and dont indicate there is more text in the post, then it would be accurate. However, your statement is wrong. In all ways and forms. btw, i sorted by a different field than you, and that is how my eye slipped 1 line. I guess even though you sorted by one stat you assumed i did the same. You were wrong. No big deal, you are wrong about just about everything. Only difference is, i have admitted when i am wrong on these forums, and you wont.</div>
    I will admit I am wrong</div>
    Bottom line. I will quote you as i see fit.

EDIT:
    One line difference
    http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/OFF-...1=4&_1:col_1=13

6. manofsteel

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (manofsteel)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    I will admit I am wrong</div>
    Bottom line. I will quote you as i see fit.

EDIT:
    One line difference
    http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/OFF-...1=4&_1:col_1=13</div>
    Where is a real moderator when you need one? I could care less about being insulted, what you should be worrying about is people like this guy that misquote other posters to make himself look good. Also, bears fan...that's two lines not one. You really do suck at supporting your argument with anything that resembles fact don't you?

7. manofsteel

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBeef)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (manofsteel)</div><div class='quotemain'>You admitted you were wrong because I proved that you were wrong. I will admit I am wrong if you ever prove that something I post is wrong.</div>
    I will give you some credit in this area MoS....some of them times I've proven you wrong, you did admit it....</div>
    That's true you have proven me wrong before.....

8. Bearsfan1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (manofsteel)</div><div class='quotemain'>I could care less. you should be worrying Also, bears fan You really do uck</div>
    Wow, that seems like a threat [​IMG]

9. Phinsuck

Phinsuck nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DolfanDale)</div><div class='quotemain'>Okay, Saban didn't throw the flag far enough. I guess we need to start a coaching combine so that teams can see what kind of arms head coaches have before hiring them. It may have been a sissy throw, but he threw it aggressively at an official who is to say that official wouldn't have hit him with a penalty or kicked him out of the game. The officials all have their assignments to make sure that they see every part of the game, so who has the responsibility of watching the head coach to see if he's going to throw a challange flag? Michaels said the league did away with the buzzers because there were too many malfunctions. Sounds to me like they need to fire whatever company was handling that and hire another one. I can't believe that the NFL can't get a decent buzzer for their coaches. This is something the NFL needs to fix. I don't believe having head coaches run onto the field is the right answer though it should be entertaining when a coach loses his cool and there's an incident.</div>
    This situation can be summed up very easily. The officials do not have eyes in the back of their heads. If he hadn't thrown it like a pussy then the officials would have seen it. Bill Belichick wouldn't have done it like Saban did. Belichick would have thrown it far enough out to where the officials could see the damn thing. I know, I know, Saban towers over Belichick though. [​IMG]

10. Phinsuck

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DolfanDale)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bakes781)</div><div class='quotemain'>This is very unbecoming of the DWO to rant over a challenge flag that had it even been overturned more than likely would have only resulted in less time on the clock for your Phins to come back. With that said as I mentioned on the Key to Thursdays Game thread I believe there is a buzzer that coaches are given to alert the refs, so Saban has no recourse IMO.</div>
    Get with the program, Bakes. Did you bother to read my opening post that said while I was not happy about the challange flag not being seen that I didn't think it should take away from the Steelers' victory or my second post in this thread where I said that the Steelers deserved to win? Quit rejecting reality and substituting your fabrications so we can have a debate that's worth my time. As for offering excuses, that's another fabrication. None of the DWO has claimed that the outcome would be different had the flag been seen. It would be an excuse if we were saying that we got robbed and should have won the game. No one has made that claim. Is it really that hard to understand. We're talking about the flag because it's clearly a topic worth discussing. Michaels said that the buzzers were eliminated and Collingsworth came to the booth to explain the rules which even Madden wasn't aware of. The NFL needs to fix this by assigning an official somewhere to watch the head coach so that if he throws the flag onto the field, anywhere on the field of play, that it's seen. It's stupid for the NFL to put the onus on the head coach to have his flag been seen on time and asking for an explosive incident to occur when some coach loses it because he can't get someone's attention. If they leave it as it is, I really hope and pray that it's the Patriots that get screwed so we can see how you react. I'm just glad that this incident didn't really cost the Dolphins anything that we weren't going to lose anyway.</div>
    The NFL DOES NOT need to fix this. The Dolphins need to fix Saban's arm so that he can throw the flag more than 5 feet, especially when the nearest official has his back TOWARD Saban and is about 15 feet away. The challenge flag has weight on it for a reason. Its not like he is trying to throw a feather out there.

11. Phinsuck

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DolfanDale)</div><div class='quotemain'>I don't know about "wearing my heart on my sleeve." I do tend to be a straight shooter. I like good debate. If I say, "the sky is blue" and you respond, "I can't believe you said the sky is orange. That's crap," I don't consider that good debate. I consider that being silly and a waste of my time and it irritates me. Of course, you never addressed my question about having read my first two posts because anyone with decent reading comprehension knows that I never said the sky was orange or the Dolphins should have won the game regardless of the flag being seen or not.

As for the buzzers being gone, if you were watching, Saban was fiddling with something on his side which I thought was the buzzer right before he threw the flag. I thought he was trying to buzz the officials until Al Michaels said the buzzers were removed because they couldn't solve the glitches. Everybody assumes that throwing the flag was an easy decision but Saban couldn't see the replay and he had to weigh throwing the flag and the possibility of losing a timeout that the Dolphins would need if the score stood. Throw in the decision to go ahead and let the Steelers score stand or give them the ball at the one with the chance to kill a lot more time and score anyway. Personally, I believe that too much responsibility is put on the head coaches to do the officials job. He has to manage his timeouts to take into consideration that an official might screw up and he will need to fix it and now he has to not only make the decision to throw the flag, but he has to take responsibility for the official seeing the flag. I think that's stupid.</div>
    LOL, I guess the official should go over and take Saban's hand, lead him on to the field, grab the challenge flag from Saban's side, place it in Saban's hand, and then tell him to throw it. Once Saban throws it 5 feet, the official should go and pick it up, place it back in Saban's hand, and tell him to throw it like he has a dick between his legs.

12. Phinsuck

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bakes781)</div><div class='quotemain'>You wanna debate the challenge system that's fine. But the timing of it smells very fishy if you will. And I'd appreciate it if you stopped talking down to me like I'm some child. You know it's very easy for you to talk smack when you've got 2 other vets of this forum backing you up at all times. I'm here every day defendning my views alone. I could choose to post soley at a Pats based forum, but I choose to post here because I like a good debate as well. I'm not about to back down no matter how many I'm out numbered by. If the same scenario happened to my team I would admit my QB sucked & the defense let me down. I would not choose to go on a long rant about how the challenge system needs to be reworked & then say oh but that's not an excuse. The simple fact that you even brought it up means you feel it had an affect on the outcome.</div>
    You speak the truth.

13. bakes781

bakes781 nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pats_Fan420)</div><div class='quotemain'>You speak the truth.</div>
    It's just a shame so many are blinded by their allegiances to laundry. [​IMG]

14. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pats_Fan420)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DolfanDale)</div><div class='quotemain'>I don't know about "wearing my heart on my sleeve." I do tend to be a straight shooter. I like good debate. If I say, "the sky is blue" and you respond, "I can't believe you said the sky is orange. That's crap," I don't consider that good debate. I consider that being silly and a waste of my time and it irritates me. Of course, you never addressed my question about having read my first two posts because anyone with decent reading comprehension knows that I never said the sky was orange or the Dolphins should have won the game regardless of the flag being seen or not.

As for the buzzers being gone, if you were watching, Saban was fiddling with something on his side which I thought was the buzzer right before he threw the flag. I thought he was trying to buzz the officials until Al Michaels said the buzzers were removed because they couldn't solve the glitches. Everybody assumes that throwing the flag was an easy decision but Saban couldn't see the replay and he had to weigh throwing the flag and the possibility of losing a timeout that the Dolphins would need if the score stood. Throw in the decision to go ahead and let the Steelers score stand or give them the ball at the one with the chance to kill a lot more time and score anyway. Personally, I believe that too much responsibility is put on the head coaches to do the officials job. He has to manage his timeouts to take into consideration that an official might screw up and he will need to fix it and now he has to not only make the decision to throw the flag, but he has to take responsibility for the official seeing the flag. I think that's stupid.</div>
    LOL, I guess the official should go over and take Saban's hand, lead him on to the field, grab the challenge flag from Saban's side, place it in Saban's hand, and then tell him to throw it. Once Saban throws it 5 feet, the official should go and pick it up, place it back in Saban's hand, and tell him to throw it like he has a dick between his legs.</div>
    I guess the overuse of profanity makes you right? No, I simply want the refs to do their job and start seeing SOME of the things that happen on the football field. I heard on the NFL Network that, after the game, the head of officials assigned the back judges to watch for challange flags. What did I say after the game? I said that it should be the responsibility of one of the refs to watch for flags. It's common sense. I'm not sure why that is so difficult for some people to understand.

15. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bakes781)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pats_Fan420)</div><div class='quotemain'>You speak the truth.</div>
    It's just a shame so many are blinded by their allegiances to laundry. [​IMG]</div>
    Says two Patriot fans slapping each other on the backs while no one else agrees with them.

16. bakes781

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DolfanDale)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bakes781)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pats_Fan420)</div><div class='quotemain'>You speak the truth.</div>
    It's just a shame so many are blinded by their allegiances to laundry. [​IMG]</div>
    Says two Patriot fans slapping each other on the backs while no one else agrees with them.</div>
    Now that's clearly false. We've had many others who agree this is all just sour grapes on Saban's part. I could pull a BF1 & quote them all but I have better things to do with my time.

17. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bakes781)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DolfanDale)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bakes781)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    Says two Patriot fans slapping each other on the backs while no one else agrees with them.</div>
    Now that's clearly false. We've had many others who agree this is all just sour grapes on Saban's part. I could pull a BF1 & quote them all but I have better things to do with my time.</div>
    Actually, I was refering to your speaking the truth and that the DWO is less than objective. I guess you missed the irony of your laundry slur. Do either of you own a Patriots jersey?

18. bakes781

yes I have an old Curtis Martin jersey & of course a Tom Brady jersey.

19. Phinsuck

[quote name='DolfanDale']I guess the overuse of profanity makes you right?[/quote]
    What is your problem with profanity? You must hate everyone you talk to because I've even heard preachers use it. Its a wonderful way for people to express themselves.

Whoa there, buddy. You're acting like Bakes and I did after the Denver/NE playoff game last season. It is okay for you to complain about the refs but not us? Thats really fair.

Good, now they have that on top of everything else they have to worry about. Do you honestly think they should be scanning the field for illegal activity AND watching the coaches? What if a blown call on the field happens because a couple of the officials are watching the coaches? That wouldn't be good. The officials already have too much to worry about so they shouldn't have more weight added to the load.

Like I said, they can't see behind them. I agree that they should see them when they are thrown in front of them but not behind them. Common sense tells me that if a flag is thrown behind an official, the official isn't going to react to it because he can't see it. If it is thrown in front of him then he will see it. I don't understand why this concept is so difficult for Nick Saban and Co. to grasp. Nick Saban had a brain fart and that is all there is to it. To think differently is like blaming guns for killing people.

Let me guess, you're the type of individual that would blame the driver of the car if a child ran out in the street and got hit by it, correct?

20. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

So you think it's too much responsibility for the refs to keep an eye out for challange flags? Bwahahahahahaha! I guess if the NFL is getting it's refs from the WWE.