OT 99% Of Police Officers Are Good...? Yeah...

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by dviss1, Nov 15, 2017.

1. H.C.

H.C. Well-Known Member

Also on a personal note, I would never become a police officer because I have a heart.
    Nothing imaginable would motivate me to do so. So offering good people more money isn't going to solve it.
    But then, how do you screen out bad people? How do you screen in good people?

2. bodyman5000 and 1

bodyman5000 and 1 Lions, Tigers, Me, Bears

Cop draft.

3. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

D, I think in part, what he is saying is that if a bad person wants to be a cop, they will endure, just like the good person would endure. Your proposal would simple weed out the lazy. not neccessarily the evil and there are plenty of evil people with agendas that aren't lazy.

Screening. psychological testing, but who knows what the right tests are? we are talking about the mind here and we still haven't figured it all out.
    I don't think there will ever be a foolproof screening process.
    Unfortunately we dont live in a perfect world and thus nothing will ever maintain consistency, including the level of good or even within our police force.
    I think it comes down to more monitoring of the police officers.
    Studies do show that when humans know they are being watched, they will perform in more of a just manner than if they believe they are alone and unseen.
    If an evil cop knows he is always being watch and doesnt have control of the cameras, then he is less apt to do evil, and stops at the thought.

4. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

dviss1 likes this.
  5. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

He doesn't have to repeat himself so much because completely understand what he's saying. I just disagree. You take a person who has a narrow worldview and expose them to the world and their perspective changes.

I also don't want to stop at a 4 year degree (you softies wanna have untrained officers I guess). The power structure needs to change. There also needs to be a psych exam that isn't bias.

The psychological exam is fucking bullshit. I know people who have passed EVERY exam with flying colors and fail that part because they ask them questions along the likes of "Would you tell on your fellow officers" ect.

6. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

You freeze that's WTF you do! :blink:

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  7. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

How the hell does he get the car to stop??

8. SlyPokerDog

9. rasheedfan2005

rasheedfan2005 Well-Known Member

@dviss1 im no longer a cop so i can say fuck cops with you! For real though. Its the people in charge that's the problem. People play favorites and too much politics. Good officers are run out of a job for minor infractions and bad officers are treated as gold because they are yes men. Every agency is different. But thats my first hand observation. I watched guys get fired for brutality and get picked up by other agencies. Then ive seen guys run out of town because they refused to put hands on someone who didnt need it. Sometimes you can just let them have the last word, but some cops have massive egos and they go too far. I watched a supervisor that weighs 350lbs throw a 160lb guy in handcuffs against a wall. And i was blackballd for telling him to stop. When good officers stand up to the bad ones administrations take the bad ones side because they have rank. It's pathetic. There are good officers out the my friend, but schooling isnt what makes them good. They have to maintain a sense of humanity and i dont think that can be trained. I have 1 year college, and the supervisor i stood up to had a 4 year degree. I was punished and forced to re write statements when i wrote statements about supervisors who were taking advantage of their power. Dont hate all cops man, go after the leadership who encourages wrong.

10. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    I think it is time we have a double "like" button.

Orion Bailey and SlyPokerDog like this.
  11. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

First of all I want this notion that I hate all cops to FUCKING DIE. I've said MANY times that I have 2 family members that are cops.

What you are saying is semi consistent with what I've been saying. The problem is systemic. Good officers don't get a chance to stand up and the reason they can't is again, systematic.

Just because you have 1 year of college and your supervisor has a degree doesn't mean that more educated police won't make a stronger, more knowledgeable police force.

12. rasheedfan2005

Ive known your intentions, ive just been having some fun with you. I lost my job today because i said fuck. But it's not why i was targeted. About 2 months ago I wrote a 2 page statement with multiple examples of supervisors doing shady shit and that being the catalyst for me refusing to obey an order. I was told to re write it and it was implied that id lose my job if i didnt. Like an idiot i changed it, and they still found a reason to get me to leave. Im now unemployed with a new family to support because i did right. So I just wanted to shed a little light on why some cops choose not to do right. Oh well, i wanted to go back to school and work on solar arrays or hvac systems anyway.

13. SlyPokerDog

Ouch man. That sucks.

See an attorney ASAP.

14. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

I'm sorry you lost your job for that. That FUCKING SUCKS. Like police don't curse ALL the time... I'd sue their FUCKING ASSES and any city money you get you deserve it.
    That way they'll find out how to avoid getting sued. Thanks for being one of the good ones. I don't believe they are few and far between, I just think there's a system in place PREVENTING them from reporting the bad ones.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I mentioned something like this in this very forum and it got crickets from some, vitriol from others. Maybe because she was black...

I said just what you said. That the problem was systemic and there is a reason why good officers have problems reporting the bad ones.
    I FULLY mentioned how the "No Snitch" policy is employed by BOTH Police and Black people as a whole and that getting rid of it would be the #1 way to have better relations. More crickets and vitriol.

Buffalo Cop Loses Job And Pension After She Intervenes With Fellow Officer Choking A Suspect

In Buffalo, New York a former police officer is fighting for her pension after being fired from the city's police department for interfering with another officer she claims was abusing an arrested suspect. Cariol Horne was fired from the force in 2006 and charged with obstructing another cop during an arrest over a domestic dispute, ABC 7 reported last week.

Horne claims that fellow Buffalo officer Gregory Kwiatkowski was abusing a suspect who had already been placed under arrest in handcuffs. "He was handcuffed in the front and he was sideways and being punched in the face by Gregory Kwiatkowski," explained Horne. Horne said she intervened when she saw Kwiatowski begin to choke the man. "I'm like, 'Greg! You're choking him,' because I thought whatever happened in the house he was still upset about so when he didn't stop choking him I just grabbed his arm from around Neal Mack's neck," said Horne.

ABC reported that Kwiatkowski then turned and punched Horne in the face. She said she needed the bridge of her nose replaced after the blow. The obstruction charge against Horne stated that she "jump[ed] on officer Kwiatkowski's back and/or [struck] him with her hands." However, in his own testimony, Kwiatkowski said, "she never got on top of me."

Horne, a mother of five, has lost every appeal to date but continues to seek a pension for her 19 years of police service. The City of Buffalo Common Council passed the case to the New York State retirement system to be reviewed.

Meanwhile, ABC noted that Kwiatkowski later was forced into retirement following two separate incidents, one in which he punched another officer while off duty, another in which he choked a fellow officer while on the clock. In May of this year, he was indicted, along with two other officers, on charges of federal civil rights violations towards black teen suspects.

Discussing her 2006 actions, Horne told ABC 7, "I don't regret it." Watch her interview below:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  15. bodyman5000 and 1

I don't remember this and if I said anything differently than what I'm about to say I was probably fucking with you. That woman is a hero, I don't care if the guy getting choked was a monster (no idea) but she did what they all should do. This sheds light on why they don't.

dviss1 likes this.
  16. bodyman5000 and 1

17. bodyman5000 and 1

I mean sure they just happened upon someone acting suspicious. Happens all the time. Doesn't mean it wouldn't be an easy setup to stage something like that.

18. bodyman5000 and 1

19. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

20. rasheedfan2005

Again no back story as to what was going on before the video starts. Had he just killed a child with a knife or was he smoking a blunt? Both actions deserve a dog bite obviously. Also not sure those voices arent dubbed. "Stop resisting" made me lol like something an anon would dub in there. If it was really their voices they are fucking idiots. But initial gut reaction is that was fucked up and he should have simply been approached with caution and cuffed.