A blast from the past

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City Thunder' started by Sir Desmond, Sep 27, 2005.

1. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Oyedeji, who is close to deciding where to play his club basketball in the coming season, retraced Nigeria's participation since he made the international stage in 1999, and says Nigeria have done well when home-based players make the trip to the FIBA Africa Championship.

"You see several countries with NBA players failing to make impact in international competitions," says Oyedeji, who is torn between signing for two NBA teams, the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Seattle Supersonics, and Samsung of South Korea.</div>

FIBA.com.

Anyone remember this guy?

I was convinced he was going to become an impact player as a rookie (from memory we took him in the same draft as we took DMase) because while he couldn't do much else, he used to grab a million rebounds per 48 minutes.

2. SonicComic

SonicComic JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Anyone remember this guy?</div>

I do remember him, only because when the Sonics were in town here in Washington D.C. against the Wizards, (it might have been the Bullets back then?) I had front row seats and when the Sonics came onto the floor I was screaming like the crazed lunitic in support of them while the rest of the D.C. crowd was booing and it was Oyedeji who was tapping the other Sonics and pointng to me like "Hey, we actually have a fan here" type deal.
    Mainly I remember that he was really disapointed that he didn't go in the first round and took that to heart. (We took him in the second round) His play was forgotten, much like a fart in a tornado, but I'm willing to have him back, providing it's not for too much of the money left in the cap. It would also probably mean that Swift and Petro would be going to the NBDL.
    He'll have to realize that if he does join us, he'll most likely again be playing "go fish" at the end of the bench again. Only this time it will be with Mikki Moore instead of Ansu Sesay or whoever it was back then who was the 11th man.

3. odde23

odde23 JBB Not A JustBBall Member

The only reason people seem to remember thinking he was going to be an all-star is because he said, "Im going to be an all-star." He's an althlete, but he is undersized (6'10") at center, and has a limited basketball background. Still I would rather have him playing go fish with Swift (cause Mikki will play) than have traded for Kandiman, who is comparable.

4. psheehy

psheehy Beaten down by the "MAN"

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Sir Desmond:</div><div class="quote_post">FIBA.com.

Anyone remember this guy?

I was convinced he was going to become an impact player as a rookie (from memory we took him in the same draft as we took DMase) because while he couldn't do much else, he used to grab a million rebounds per 48 minutes.</div>

I remember him. He was the guy I wanted to break out. The one with the name that was so much fun to say that after a beer or two it was not uncommon to hear people yell Oh-Loom-I-DAY when he would sub in. Unfortunately he was kind of a poor man's Reggie Evans. He was a good offensive rebounder, but never seemed to do much else. He still had a cool name. That was the worst thing about the Sonics last year. They all have such boring names, except Luke, which for some reason sounds better when everyone yells Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuke.