Politics A Case Of Bad Timing?

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by ABM, Dec 11, 2019.

1. TorturedBlazerFan

TorturedBlazerFan Well-Known Member

Baby Daddy
    Throwing a bunch of bills at the senate that they know the Senate won't pass isn't exactly what I'd consider, "doing something", all they really looking for is their own version of one more bad thing against the republicans. You don't really have true "bi-partisan" and across the aisle bills until their willing to work together to create bills that are compromises, which no one is willing to do that right now, which may or may not be ok (not everything SHOULD be a compromise). It just feels like politicians doing politics, all of them are really just looking for ways they can make their competition look bad.

I'm sure there are some bills in there that are somewhat bi-partisan, but you really can't deny that in large part if a republican is caught working with democrats or vice versa their basically considered traitors at this point. They've all totally forgotten that the country should be, before their party.

Edit: As an analogy, if my wife wants ideas for a meal, and all I give her are ideas of things I know she hates, is that really an attempt to help her come up with a meal? No, it's basically ignoring her thoughts and her desires and in some ways spiting her, just so I can say oh I gave you ideas, I did my job. There are ways to pretend you're doing, "your part" when you aren't.

2. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

And that is what they are doing with these latest bills is comprising. Something the republicans refuse to do. And this thread is mocking them for compromising.

yankeesince59 likes this.
  3. TorturedBlazerFan

Baby Daddy
    I realize that and I'm not mocking them, but my point is that a lot of the things the Dems are doing they know have no shot of getting through the Senate, they're doing many of those things just to make the R's look bad. R's did many of the same types of things to Obama, and the dem's. I wish politics wasn't just a "game" to these people...

Chris Craig likes this.
  4. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

^^^ Yup, If there's ever been a case of "damned if you do, damned if you don't"...this is it.

5. TorturedBlazerFan

Baby Daddy
    Not to excuse any of it, but at this point, that pretty much seems like everyday politics.

6. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

The Republicans aren't going to put through anything the Dems in the house pass regardless. The people the Dems represent have different interests than the interests of the people the Republican's represent. Bills are going to be at odds. Tired of this fuck you middle school kid game our elected officials are playing with one another. Both sides need to work together, not against. At least the Dems are trying to compromise. It has mostly always been that way. The Dems end up the one compromising while the Republicans rarely ever do, and the Dems look like the fools?

This thread was created to mock the Democrats compromising. Yes, they are impeaching Trump and yes they are working on bipartisan bills with the Republicans simultaneously. They are doing their jobs. I can't say as much for the Republicans.

7. yankeesince59

..."modern-day politics"...and the GOP putting party before country. I'm by no means a liberal but in this case IMO, they are justified in holding Trump accountable.

8. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    Well, it takes three to tango.

9. Lanny

You are wrong. Republicans are busy confirming youngsters for life positions as federal judges.

10. Chris Craig

They are doing that

11. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    Passing House bills only counts when they are reasonable and rational enough to be actually passed by the Senate and signed by the POTUS.

The nonsense single-party, dead-upon-arrival crap bills the House has passed are a deliberate waste of time, and the Dems are drawing a salary under false pretenses.

12. Chris Craig

Horseshit. The Republicans aren't going to pass anything the Dems send through just to spite them. The Republicans are the ones drawing a salary under false pretenses and sneaking in raises for themselves on top of it.

Lanny likes this.
  13. Lanny

Apparently, only the Patriot Bill is popular with the Senate. Well, that and federal judge confirmations.

14. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    :tongue:
    Watch USMCA fly through there. I expect the China trade bill to exceed the speed limit.

15. yankeesince59

I hope you're not giving the GOP/Trump exclusive credit for that bill.