OT A March For Their Lies

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by SlyPokerDog, Mar 24, 2018.

1. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

Posts this ignorant make me sick to my stomach..... My mother, wife, sister and daughter were downtown for this and I have never been more proud of them expressing themselves the way they did. How can you look at something that is bringing people together like this in such a positive way as a bad thing? Thats just sad you were raised the way you were if you truly do believe what you typed. Props to our country and the citizens trying to make our country safer for future generations.

2. THE HCP

SlyPokerDog and BonesJones like this.
  3. THE HCP

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  4. THE HCP

Dwyane Wade, Bill Russell, Steve Kerr and others encouraged Americans to make their voices heard.

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  5. THE HCP

There were 20 other players who posted support for these people standing up for our citizens I saw today. This was just a few.
    Curious what it feels like being such a big fan of people and a game that so strongly support something that you have a completely different opinion of? Is it weird to know how different these people view the world we live in and how we should live in it?

https://twitter.com/SteveNash/status/977551580399468549

6. Stevenson

Stevenson Old School

Writer
    I am so damn proud of these kids, and moreover, impressed with millennials generally. They get such a bad rap. I had the chance last week to judge a program where 36 of them presented. They were committed, smart, passionate, community-oriented, and savvy.

And unlike some here - not cynical!!

7. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter
    Those kids should just shut up and instragram.

8. julius

singer songwriter
    It's much easier to lump all the negative stereotypes of a generation onto the generation as a whole.

EVERY generation says the next generation(s) are lazy, didn't have it as tough as they did and are entitled shits.

Rinse and repeat.

BonesJones likes this.
  9. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

No, this is what you call bias. If they were marching for something you belived in, they wouldn't be marching for attention or were uneducated. In your vision, they'd be "marching for what's right".

C'mon Cippy, you talk about people so arrogantly at times. Everyone else is stupid, or wants attention, or is race-baiting, or is a SJW for talking about social issues, etc.

There's stupid people in every area of life. They can be Republicans, democrats, etc. There's people that will do stuff for weird motives. If you only wanted to focus on the few that aren't, in your viewpoint, "educated enough" or doing something without a justified motive, then you'll be saying this about everything. Of course, that's be if you removed bias from your viewpoint. But instead of focusing on people trying to make a positive change, you post this.

Smh.

10. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

I take it you didn't watch the video.

11. bodyman5000 and 1

bodyman5000 and 1 Lions, Tigers, Me, Bears

Ha!!!! I'm different. I tell the young guy I work with that the growling metal music he listens to is CLEARLY garbage....

But, and here is the HCP but(t) it's just so big. I know that people said the same thing about Nirvana and I recognize that I can't know why he likes it and I'm cool with it. I'm old.

People see all the kids in highschool now walking around wearing earbuds attached to their phones and we judge them.

That modern stuff may be stunting them in some way we can't measure but they are not all morons. Maybe it is making them smarter, who's to say?

BonesJones likes this.
  12. bodyman5000 and 1

bodyman5000 and 1 Lions, Tigers, Me, Bears

Send me a hundred bucks or I'll constantly flag your videos and spread lies that you said something and get everyone else to flag you too. I don't know how it works but YouTube seems fucked up to me.

BonesJones likes this.
  13. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

Got him.

H.C. likes this.
  14. julius

singer songwriter
    Did the video discuss Oregon State beating Tennessee?

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  15. SlyPokerDog

Yes.

julius likes this.
  16. SlyPokerDog

This march was a giant fail, over a million times more people showed up to Trump's inauguration.

andalusian, Further and BonesJones like this.
  17. SlyPokerDog

18. SlyPokerDog

19. Cippy91

Cippy91 Habitual Line Stepper

I don't care if they are protesting or not. Go for it. I am just saying nobody will be talking about this a week from now. You're giving these kids too much credit. This is the same forum who shits on me for being 26 and thinking I know things yet now all of a sudden you think 14-18 year olds have all the answers to this one problem. Fascinating

bodyman5000 and 1 likes this.
  20. SlyPokerDog

You can slow down the video, that guy comes through that door and instantly shoots them.

Here’s the text from the LA Times Article:

“A private security guard shooting two teenagers who tried to rob a 7-Eleven in Gardena went viral this week. The footage, captured on a Saturday night late last month, shows two 16-year-old males in hoodies enter the store with their hands in their sweatshirt pockets. Soon after, one hops over the front counter — nearly tripping in the process — and pulls out what appears to be a weapon.

The cashier drops some money and puts his hands up as the teen moves him away from the register. The second suspect then joins them behind the counter. Moments later, a security guard walks in, raises his gun and fires three shots, striking both suspects.

"It's fake!" one of the teens shouts, presumably about his weapon.

"Oh, well," the guard replies. "Mine's real." The guard held the two suspects until Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies arrived and arrested the pair. They were treated for non-life-threatening injuries and booked on suspicion of robbery. The Sheriff's Department said the guard was sitting in his car when he saw the pair enter the store. When he walked in, the guard saw one suspect pointing what appeared to be a gun at the cashier. Fearing for the cashier's life, he opened fire, officials said. He thought the second suspect was armed and shot him too, officials said.

Investigators recovered a fake handgun at the scene. Both teens — who were not named since they are minors — are being held without bail. The surveillance video has been viewed more than 1.5 million times.”

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018