OT A March For Their Lies

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by SlyPokerDog, Mar 24, 2018.

1. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

Have you ever wondered that the few who are there for attention-seeking reasons (i.e. to be on TV) are probably the ones who are trying to appear on these videos and live streams and are the ones who don't know what they're talking about?

2. Cippy91

Cippy91 Habitual Line Stepper

As you see, I tried to go back and forth with him in a civil way and what does he say? that I have a past of having illogical posts or whatever. I just don't wanna talk to somebody like that. It's like okay so why did you reply to me then if you think I am such an illogical poster? makes zero sense.

3. Cippy91

Obviously. Look, all I said is that this is a trend and that a lot of these kids probably don't know what they are talking about. That's it. I could be wrong. Who knows. It was just an opinion

4. BonesJones

Okay? Is he attacking you though? He says your past posts have been illogical. You say he has an inferiority complex issue.

5. BonesJones

Even if some of them don't, if they want schools or the country in general to be safer and are taking time out of their Saturday to participate in a protest hoping it will get the attention of politicians and hopefully get them to change some things to make the school country safer in general, how is that a bad thing? Why is that something you would talk shit about?

6. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

I can't believe American Idol is back, we should protest to make it stop.

bodyman5000 and 1 likes this.
  7. H.C.

H.C. Well-Known Member

I don't understand why you quoted me originally tbh.
    Now you're off on a tangent. I'm just not going to validate your tangent by responding to it.

These kids don't want to get shot while in school trying to get an education.
    Who cares if they don't know shit about guns.
    Simply put these kids don't want to get shot. How is that so hard to understand?
    They're asking for change.
    They're rallying for change.
    But your posts on this forum are dismissing them due to their age.
    Something when it happens to you on this forum, you don't like it.
    Why are you doing it to these kids if you don't like it when it's done to you?

8. Cippy91

Superiority. Tried this whole morale high ground thing and I don’t like it, I don’t really care for it and don’t care to even have a conversation with somebody like that in real life. At least with you I know I could relate on some shit, shoot hoops and whatever but I got little time for people who wanna act like they are better than others

9. Cippy91

I don’t think it’s a bad thing, it’s a good thing, I just hope their minds are in the right place and stick with it and not abandon it as opposed to going back to school and joking about the next possible school shooter without getting the kid help or alerting somebody of him

10. SlyPokerDog

Worst haiku ever.

bodyman5000 and 1 and BonesJones like this.
  11. Cippy91

Not on a tangent but okay. See my response to bones above on the kids. I think there is a huge difference between somebody in their mid 20’s and 14-18 year olds, to ignore that is kinda ridiculous.

12. SlyPokerDog

Micro targeting of social media by companies like Cambridge Analytica is going to fuck these kids so hard. In 3 years 60% will be ready to join Russia.

13. BonesJones

But if you think it's a good thing, then why did you initially post negatively about the protest and the protesters?

The FBI was alerted. Most kids joke about a kid being a future school shooter without believing it. It's not right, but it's the truth. Sadly, I believe more and more kids either will or already are starting to worry about certain kids who seem like they would commit such an attack. Hopefully, lawmakers and schools will put in measures and resources for kids to tip off someone about a school shooter. Going to the principal or administration and saying a kid might be a school shooter in the future isn't going to get the right reaction from administration. Schools can't even handle simple bullying correctly. There's been no guidance for kids on how to "tip off" a potential threat. And the FBI was tipped off about this kid, and didn't do anything, which is part of the problem, and probably one of the reasons many people are protesting.

Cippy91 likes this.
  14. BonesJones

I get it.

Cippy91 likes this.
  15. SlyPokerDog

16. SlyPokerDog

17. SlyPokerDog

18. SlyPokerDog

19. Further

Further Guy

Stuff doer
    It's a forum, so some folks here think your opinion is baseless and possibly repugnant. I would suspect you aren't just posting to hear a choir of "me too".

My thoughts.
    1) the youth have taken the lead on a topic and that's great. We have been trying for decades to get the youth to become more involved in politics and shaping society. Well, these young people will be of voting age soon and they are already putting out effort leading me to believe we are witnessing young folks finally grabbing the bull by the horns. At least some of them. More than in the previous generation. You @Cippy91 have stated you have never voted by the age of 26. Well, my guess is many of these kids will not be as jaded as you and will actually try and apply pressure to the system through marches, social media and through voting.

2) This has been almost 5 weeks and still picking up steam. Will it be this strong in a week, or a month or a year, perhaps not, but some of those kids will continue and will keep the topic alive.

3) HCP and others will disagree with you. That doesn't mean stop sharing your opinions. But you will be called out. @MarAzul and @MARIS61 both call me out often. I don't take it personally, I don't act like I'm a victim because they immediately and sometimes dramatically tear my posts down (at least in their minds). The OT section is for debate, it's for disagreement and sometimes even for laughter or mockery. That's the shit. People will not stop picking apart your posts. Just don't take it personally.

4) I personally find a lot of pride in our young generation. The poise, the emotion, it's very appreciated. It's beautiful.

20. Further

Further Guy

Stuff doer
    one more thing @Cippy91. these kids don't need to have the answer. Having the ability to shine a light on the problem is all i ask. The are letting politicians know that if they aren't seeing change, they will use their voices to jettison the NRA-lockstep politicians.

These kids may not all be voters today, but what about tomorrow? they are becoming activists, and activists on all sides, tend to vote. Seems like they at least have a chance to shop policy whereas you stand no chance so long as you keep your voice muted by not voting, marching, writing letters, emails....

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018