A-Rod tested positive for steroids

Discussion in 'MLB General' started by JE, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Денг Гордон

Денг Гордон Member

Sosa hasn't been linked to steroids.

2. JE

JE Suspended

in between jobs right now
    What was he called up to Capital Hill to testify about, only to completely fold and suddenly forget how to speak the English language? Was he testifying about the corked bat?

3. Денг Гордон

Денг Гордон Member

Where did they connect him to steroids there? He got called to Capital Hill because he hit a lot of homeruns.

4. JE

JE Suspended

And they suspected him of steroid use.

5. Денг Гордон

Денг Гордон Member

But didn't connect him to it.

6. JE

JE Suspended

So they don't have cold hard proof. But they don't for Bonds, either. Sosa has done nothing to help clear his name.

7. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

As a Cubs fan, I am sure that Sosa juiced....when he came to the Cubs, he was a skinny outfielder with a little bit of pop, and tons of speed....by '98, he was a monster....Sosa juiced it like the rest of them....there are no clean baseball players...whether it was roids, uppers, downers, pot, alcohol, whatever, they all took advantage of the no test/no tell culture and I will believe that for every player until its proven otherwise....

8. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

Your unbelievable. You know why he got called to Capitol Hill. You can sit here and try to defend him and try to deny it, but failing to testify and curling up in the fetal position was all the evidence the fans needed. If you firmly believe he didn't do steroids, you're on crack.

BTW, for such a perfectionist, it is Capitol Hill, not Capital.

9. BasX

BasX I Win

Dans la ville avec cette chute d'eau énorme
    Jays fans are going to kill me, but I've always wondered about Roy Halladay.
    Let's face it, this time period was steroid pitcher against steroid batters. I believe that this makes a guy like Greg Maddux even better. If he didn't take any, which looks like he didn't at all.

10. BasX

BasX I Win

You've seen his ratings system, you know he is on crack.

11. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

ARod admitted he used them today. Canseco was right again!

12. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

It is interesting that 104 players tested positive in 2004 when they all KNEW they would be tested....to me, that means that of the 800 or so players that were on roids, 104 of them were too stupid to stop in the months notice they had before the testing....or if not too stupid, they just werent concerned because the tests were supposedly anonomous....

13. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

Now the issue is to release the rest of the names or not? A case could be made for both sides.

One side is that the players were told that this test was confidential and had no implications on their career. Many players would not have done the test if they would have known today that the results were leaked. Some players knowingly took performance steroids but there is always a group of players who were taking supplements that are non-performance related like pemoline for ADHD and drugs like that. Those drugs are banned now but some players have exceptions for medical purposes, but would still be considered tainted with the rest of the steroid players.

The other side is release all the names in order to stop the speculation of which players used and which did not. Without releasing the entire list, one or two names will again be leaked and they will get a lot of media attention, but if all the names surface at the same time, it will have less of a negative effect on major league baseball and those players who were on that list.

14. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

How come all the guys from the Guitar Hero 4 commercial are getting busted? Michael Phelps, now A-Rod who's next?

15. Mamba

Kobe is going to rape another white woman.

Vladdy Guerrero is clean. That is all I care about.

16. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

I laughed so hard that soda came out of my nose....Vlad would be on a very short list of the most likely to be guilty .....especially when you consider that his power numbers have been receding since the 2004 season despite 2005-2008 being played in the traditional prime....he was 29,30,31, and 32, and pretty healthy, his power numbers should have been stable or increasing, but they were falling....roids until 2004, off when the testing started in my opinion....

17. BasX

BasX I Win

Since I've watched Vlad my whole life, he would surprise me to be on steriods. When he came into the league and had the skills, though really, nothing should surprise me anyway

18. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

I know Vlad is ultra-talented and has been for a long time, but so was A-Roid....Vlad's numbers do look suspicious though....I am not even saying that he juiced, I am saying that making statements like, "Vladdy Guerrero is clean. That is all I care about." is a bit foolhardy considering the era and the evidience....

19. Mamba

By looking at his stats, do you really think he was on the juice, though?

20. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

Actually, I do think Vlad was juiced....his power numbers fell starting when the mandatory testing began while he was entering his prime....he shouldnt have seen a significant drop in power when he was 29-32 years old....his numbers should decline naturally as he gets older now, but the other decline is mighty suspicious and that along with the dont ask/dont tell/dont test culture of baseball leads me to suspect he juiced....