OT Adidas head and NCAA asst coaches arrested on fraud and corruption charges

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by illmatic99, Sep 26, 2017.

1. santeesioux

santeesioux Just keep on scrolling by

Trolling the internet
    Rick Pitino and Louisville's AD are getting fired over this.

trailblazer18 likes this.
  2. trailblazer18

trailblazer18 Well-Known Member

Finally something took him down.

3. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

RIP Pitino.

4. SlyPokerDog

So if the Blazers underachieve this year start the Pitino as GM and Coach rumors....

BARF!

5. AFully22

AFully22 Well-Known Member

It’s not just adidas schools btw. This thing is just starting to unfold and don’t be suprised if a certain home state school with a history of cheating and a huge Nike budget is involved.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  6. Duckhook

Duckhook Well-Known Member

Interestingly, U of O's Nike contract is worth $2.99M, ranking 38th in college sports according to Forbes. The most-lucrative Nike deals? Ohio St. at $16.8M and Texas at $16.67M. Leading all schools is UCLA with an Adidas deal worth $18.67M.

You'd think Oregon's would be top 10 at least given Nike's involvement with Oregon.

BBert likes this.
  7. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

Beaver Fan much?

8. AFully22

Absolutely, but if I’m a duck fan I’d be pretty worried about these investigations. You’re kidding yourself if not.

9. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

I'm a Duck fan as all of my family are alum and I could give a shit.

BlazerCaravan likes this.
  10. AFully22

Just look up the sequence of events with UO recruit Brian Bowen and his involvement in this investigation. Look, as a beaver fan I wish my school would cheat more. That $50,000 check Chip Kelly wrote was money well spent if you ask me. It’s just when these things start to come out you have to be ready to face the music that comes with playing the game in the corrupt NCAA recruiting landscape.

11. santeesioux

santeesioux Just keep on scrolling by

Trolling the internet
    Don't you mean that guy is a Louisville recruit? I thought the Ducks were going to get him and then Louisville came out of nowhere and scooped him up at the last second. Now we know why.

BBert likes this.
  12. illmatic99

illmatic99 formerly yuyuza1

13. SlyPokerDog

SheedSoNasty and RipCityDSCPL like this.
  14. Pinwheel1

Pinwheel1 Well-Known Member

Obviously by your comments you have no clue about that whole "recruiting violation" that Oregon was accused of. Just what you want to believe. After two years of investigating all they found was what was obvious from the start, they paid for verbal information on Texas recruits instead of written information.

Again after two years of trying to fuck Oregon over, the NCAA headed by an ex President from UW.....could only slap their hands, because there was not much there. No other violations that you can't find at any other school. But when Texas starts crying about losing recruits, they had to look into it.

As for Brian Bowen.....he was headed to Oregon UNTIL Texas, AZ and Louisville got "involved....."
    Same reason Oregon lost out on McCoy in the end. when he selected UNLV after seemingly was a lock to Oregon. I guess it is possible Oregon didn't offer as much, but it points more like they didn't offer anything in term of cash.

15. ripcityboy

ripcityboy Well-Known Member

self employed
    Don't you know Canzano has a giant erection right now at the possibilities of these revelations. Probably has a publishing firm interested as well.

16. AFully22

Right, it was all just an elaborate conspiracy headed by a UW grad to fuck Oregon over...

The Bowen kid didn’t even have UO in his top schools and then they suddenly “re-enter the picture” and then secure an unexpected unofficial visit. He was then expected to sign with Oregon, until UL reportedly offers more money and he signs there. Take your piss colored glasses off for a sec, or whatever color they decide to wear, and look at the whole situation given what we know about the corruption in NCAA basketball recruiting.

17. Pinwheel1

I never said it was an elaborate conspiracy. My point was with a UW guy at the helm, the Ducks were not going to get away with anything....like some morons have suggested in the past.

And No Oregon did not reenter the Bowen picture, they were in it until about a month before the decision when he waffled as other schools got involved. Are you seriously telling me you follow Oregon basketball recruiting that closely as a beaver fan? Or did you go to some message board for your expertise?

18. AFully22

Saying because a UW guy was at the helm of the investigation made it so they would never get off easily sounds awfully similar to a conspiracy.

I’m a basketball nerd, I follow recruiting for most P12 schools. That’s not what I’ve heard and read regarding the Bowen situation. I’m sure the truth will come out soon enough and I won’t be the one left standing with my dick in my hand.

19. Pinwheel1

So you think it will be different than every other day for you? Maybe but there is nothing so far to suggest it other than desperate fans by other schools who want it to be true.

theprunetang and THE HCP like this.
  20. AFully22

Oooh good burn, guess that’s what an education from UO gets you.

Nothing so far to suggest it? Just desperate fans wanting it to be true?

Here’s an article saying Uhole didn’t make the cut into Bowen’s top 5. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fa...forward-brian-bowen-keeping-options-open/amp/

Now here is another article saying Uhole all of a sudden is back in his top schools after being considered “out of it”. https://www.google.com/amp/s/articl...sf/2017/05/brian_bowen_5-star_sf_visiting.amp

Now here’s another article reporting that Bowen had agreed upon a sum of money from a school represented by a “rival shoe company” of adidas.
    https://www.google.com/amp/heavy.co...bribe-adidas-recruit-charges-rick-pitino/amp/

So Uhole getting back in the mix after being cut, then considered a favorite to land his commitment, AND being represented a “rival shoe company” of adidas is just alllll fan speculation. I’ll stick to the logical assumptions, you stick to whatever it is you want to believe in fairy land.