OT Adidas head and NCAA asst coaches arrested on fraud and corruption charges

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by illmatic99, Sep 26, 2017.

1. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

SOOOOOOO much anger towards our ducks. Just take all that balled up aggression and apply it towards rooting for YOUR school instead of hating OTHERS. And who knows, maybe one day your guys' "program" will move up to D-1

theprunetang likes this.
  2. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

BAM! Well done! See all it took was an avatar FAMS!

3. Pinwheel1

Pinwheel1 Well-Known Member

Are you serious?

The first link you gave you said mentioned that Oregon did not make Bowen's final 5. But it also said Troy Brown, an oregon recruit was working hard on him. And that he was keeping an open mind.

The 2nd link on May 8 says he paid his own way to visit Oregon with his Mom. My understanding at that time was Oregon thought they had him during that visit. But when he went to Louisville a few weeks later he committed.

Your third link (and the accusation you are making from it) that it was Oregon, who was the school from the rival shoe company.....is absurd. Why could it not have been one of the other schools? Maybe even one that has already been implicated ......like Arizona? They are a Nike school too. You just want it to be Oregon. Hell maybe it is Oregon but nothing so far suggests that it was. A lot of schools were after him.

4. AFully22

AFully22 Well-Known Member

I expect something more creative from a guy that spends most of his time on here talking shit.

This is and will continue to be one of, if not the most, important event in NCAA history and quite possible a turning point for a historically corrupt institution that will have a direct effect on all major US sports. So excuse me if I am intrigued and tuned in to the possible allegations and results of future investigations. There’s a reason why the FBfuckinI is taking this so seriously and it dominates the sports news world right now.

5. AFully22

It is so obvious that you refuse to accept that a player who has proven to accept money for a commitment most likely won’t change his top 5 because of genuine peer recruiting.

The odds are Arizona made an offer as well. I would be suprised if every team in his top 5 didn’t offer him money, that’s how these things go. I think a lot of people, including you, are ignorant to just how corrupt the landscape has become and the pay to play concept that has been adopted by every major program in college basketball for the last 10-15 years. Maybe longer.

Did all of these 4 and 5 star recruits become
    suddenly interesred in Oregon because of their appearances in the final 4? Probably. But once you have a seat at that table you have to play the game established loooong before you ever showed up.

6. Pinwheel1

The point is you went right after Oregon for no reason. Except for pure hate. I agree this is going to be huge. Dan Patrick was saying 50-75 schools before it is done........ Yes that will change things.

7. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

Everyone needs to stop with the personal insults or I'm going to start deleting posts.

8. AFully22

I went after UO because it’s relevant to sports fans in the state of Oregon and I saw a clear connection. I’m a Beaver married to a duck, raised by two parents who graduated from UO, and owns a business in and lives in Eugene. I don’t hate the ducks on any personal level. Only a pure rivalry generated dislike.

I’d be just as interested in this if it only involved the true blue bloods of college basketball. Unfortunately, I think it goes a lot further than that.

9. tlongII

tlongII Legendary Poster

Systems Analyst
    Fuck you asshole!

Nate and SlyPokerDog like this.
  10. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

So hearing how this keeps getting bigger and bigger this is my prediction...

The NCAA is FUCKED. They're going to have to do something but they don't really want to. March Madness is huge $$$$$$ for them. You take away 20-30 of the top basketball schools for 2-5 years and that is going to have a huge hit in ratings and the next TV contract.

These basketball schools aren't going to stand for being out of March Madness for 2-5 years. Sure, they'll fire their coach but that is all they want to do.

I think all of these schools are going to leave the NCAA. It's been talked about for years in NCAA football. You take the top 20-30 college bball teams, form your own super conference and the TV networks will come running. Offer to pay the players and all the best players will come running.

And the NCAA won't do shit about it. They'll turn a blind eye just so they can keep football, but in the end they'll lose that too.

Everyone knew this was going on but the NCAA ignored it and now this is going to be what guts the NCAA.

11. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

Good. And Good riddance, NCAA.

12. EL PRESIDENTE

EL PRESIDENTE Username Retired in Honor of Lanny.

Damn, I bet this is connected to our Adidas passes!

13. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

The myth is that college sports are "pure", unaffected by big contracts, free agency, et al. In other words, they are "pure" because the athletes don't get paid, theoretically.

Yeah, real pure. Maybe the so called minor sports that don't make money, maybe the women, who still, even the high profile women's basketball teams, don't rake in as much. (UConn recruits on their rep, not cash, so far as anyone knows.) But NCAA football and men's basketball is if anything more corrupt than pro.

14. Pinwheel1

I think basketball is worse than football. The AAU coaches have had way too much power/influence for way too long.
    Football has it's issues as well, but basketball is terrible. No doubt it needs drastic changes to be made.

TorturedBlazerFan likes this.
  15. Bronzewyrm

Bronzewyrm No Fks Given

Auto Restoration & Customs
    [​IMG]

Bronze.

16. ripcityboy

ripcityboy Well-Known Member

self employed
    They will make a pageant out of it. Everybody see Wag The Dog? The FBI will get it's Pound of Flesh. The NCAA will come up with a new infractions process that this time isn't filled with 3 or 4 old white guys who sit on the Trustees Board at a major university.... but honestly to change the process you HAVE TO GO AFTER THE MONEY. You have to force a change that would take Congress getting involved and a major review of college athletics. When Congress got involved last time in the baseball steroids scandal.... Oh Yeah, how many players were indicted? All these guys will just defer to their lawyers and take the fifth.... Now whether the big universities say FUCK THE NCAA and decide to make up their own tournament, in time.... who knows?

17. trailblazer18

trailblazer18 Well-Known Member

So maybe the FBI is getting kick backs from the private companies that will fund the new college leagues. It's all a scam! :)

18. calvin natt

calvin natt Confeve

19. ripcityboy

ripcityboy Well-Known Member

self employed
    They are after the Addicts linked whistle blower and he is throwing shade during his own defense.

"LOOK! LOOK! LOOK WHAT THE OTHER GUY WAS DOING!"

If Bowen's father is already a federal witness then either they know Oregon offered cash or don't care since there are other teams that are guilty.

Personally, I think every program is screwed at this point. The whole farm is burning down.

dviss1 likes this.
  20. Mediocre Man

Mediocre Man Mr. SportsTwo

Only a matter of time before Oregon was dragged into this. The connection between Nike and UO is an easy puzzle to put together.

Whether they did anything, is another story.

Plus, its not illegal to offer money. Its illegal to pay money