Adjustments for next game

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Blazer4ever, May 7, 2014.

1. Shaboid

Shaboid Well-Known Member

Apparently the Spurs adjusted by putting a snake in the Blazers locker room. SMART

2. Sedatedfork

Sedatedfork Rip City Rhapsody

3. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Tony parker is not a good 3 point shooter. Certain Guards you are supposed to go underneath. Parker does not shoot 3s off of picks well. Now you don't do this vs Steph Curry but Parker is the one you don't want to let in the lane. Again, I would live an die with Parker shooting 3s off of picks.

4. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

How long have you been watching him play? LAmarcus has no perimeter guarding ability... :crazy:

5. B-Roy

B-Roy If it takes months

I wouldn't say that. It's certainly not ideal but he can definitely do it for stretches. Hell, under Nate, LMA was basically a perimeter defender.

6. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Um no. He has never had success in this area. Just because he ended up on the Guard didn't mean it was intentional. He sucks at Pick and Roll D which puts him in a situation where he ends up there. He should NEVER be on the Guard. Can he defend larger players out there? Yes. But Guards? Hell no.

7. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

More Barton and less Wright.

8. B-Roy

B-Roy If it takes months

Aldridge moves his feet pretty well for a 6-11 PF. He's definitely had stretches of good perimeter defense. Hell, he forced the Harden 3 point miss in G4 crunch time.

9. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

I don't know who you've been watching but I guess we can just agree to disagree. He is a horrible perimeter defender and again should never be there. he should open up so his man doesn't roll to the bucket and let the guard through. We NEVER do this. And it shows in how horrible our pick and roll D has always been under Stotts.

10. B-Roy

B-Roy If it takes months

[video=youtube;3iS0ezbXQi0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iS0ezbXQi0[/video]

At 3:38

Look at Aldridge move his feet against one of the best perimeter offensive players in the league. I agree having Aldridge out there on the perimeter is not ideal. But to say that he isn't capable of playing good perimeter defense is just wrong, imo.

11. BBert

BBert Weasels Ripped My Flesh

Selfless Public Servant
    Exactly.

12. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Dude, you don't need to show me that video. You show me one clip out of the COUNTLESS times he's been burned. Besides he is hopping all around leaving his feet. There are multiple times when BOTH of his feet are off the ground (NOT good D). Harden simply didn't take advantage of what was terrible Defense and settled for a weak shot. That's on Harden not LA. Where is the step slide? When he hopped to Harden's right Harden could have went left and had him WAY out of position. Instead he settled for shooting a contested shot over a 7 footer? That's just bad offense not good D.

blue9 likes this.
  13. magnifier661

magnifier661 B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Cracking fools in the skull
    Seems there is a lot of dick measuring in this thread.

14. blue9

blue9 Well-Known Member

Repped.

15. Dzurlord

Dzurlord New Member

Still think the blazers best chance would be to show hard on parker during PnR, have him give it up to Duncan for a shot at the elbow.

If Duncan is picking he'll pop to the elbow, and take the shot. (inconsistent) Duncan rarely rolls anymore.
    If Splitter is picking he'll roll to the basket prolly where he is most dangerous, but Parker doens't really run it that will with Splitter. If splitter doesn't roll he'll just give it back to parker and you do it again.

Different story if Ginobli is running the PnR.

16. illmatic99

illmatic99 formerly yuyuza1

Aldridge switching is not the answer to stopping Parker. Need LA/Rolo to hedge hard and recover or just straight up double TP and let Duncan roll to the lane. The other big (among LA/Rolo) will rotate over and hope Timmy won't make the pass.

17. HomerLovesKoolAid

HomerLovesKoolAid I have a well-known member.

True. SA at least shows hard on a P and R and then is ready to recover through hustle.

That is the key to this series so far. The Spurs know what their D scheme is and we look hesitant, so it seems they are seriously outworking us by rotating faster. We need that commitment and energy.

18. OneLifeToLive

OneLifeToLive Well-Known Member

I would just like to see this team come close to defending them. On some of these plays they're not close. They are either late in rotation or you have the ol Nic Batum sit back and watch routine going on out there.

The Spurs on both ends are faster than Portland. That's one thing that has really startled me on. I thought these guys LA and Batum finally adjusted to the playoff game in the Houston series. After years of being away from it. But the Spurs are running circles around them. They look overmatched, unprepared and overwhelmed by it all.

19. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    We need to put people on their backs. Not on their heels, on their backs.

I've never witnessed so much NON-contact defense. If we touched Parker it was only to politely brush some lint off his shirt. Nobody deserves that much respect during a playoff game.

KNOCK THE FUCKING SPURS DOWN.

And do not offer them a hand up afterwards.