Adjustments you would make for Game #3?

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by KeepOnRollin, May 4, 2016.

1. Shaboid

Shaboid Well-Known Member

When we give either CJ or Dame a break have Roberts come in and really get the team running. If it works, go back to it. If not, might be worth throwing Vonleh on Green if he's killin' us.

2. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

That's Vonleh's only thing at this point in his career. He can defend. So I'd be okay with that, as long as we have 3-4 shooters on the team. Something like:

Dame/Crabbe/Hendo/Plums/Vonleh may work

Roberts should be getting way more minutes than he is. Okay, not WAY more, but a few more. Have Dame play off the ball more, have CJ play off the ball all the time. CJ can create his shot, so get him in a prime position to do that... and as PG, that isn't it, IMO.

Orion Bailey and BlazerCaravan like this.
  3. Shaboid

Shaboid Well-Known Member

I agree with CJ not playing PG as much as he has. Although he can do it, and do it well even, he is more important creating offense off the ball. It gives us better ball movement.

Orion Bailey and Strenuus like this.
  4. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

Agreed. CJ kinda has that Jamal Crawford thing with him where sometimes he relies on himself a lot.. Which is why Jamal at PG didn't work here. If they are hot, it's great. Otherwise, it can be hard to watch as he either dribbles too long, or doesn't make the needed pass and wastes clock that way.

Shaboid likes this.
  5. rasheedfan2005

rasheedfan2005 Well-Known Member

WIN

riverman likes this.
  6. Fez Hammersticks

Fez Hammersticks スーパーバッド Zero Cool

Phone Psychic
    IMO Stotts has exhausted all the adjustment options.

Mo is now on Klay...

Aminu on Green...

Going small(er) and upping the tempo...

What else is there?

7. H.C.

H.C. Well-Known Member

Yeah I forgot the green font :(

riverman likes this.
  8. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

They are going to play Ezeli more now...we need to play Vonleh and hope Davis has a better game...he's been mostly absent during the playoffs so far...he needs to step it up

9. Dom McBlazer

Dom McBlazer Well-Known Member

So Moe says that he's in Klay's head because he's running his mouth at him. The only adjustment that NEEDS to be made is to supply Moe with body armor. He's gonna need it since he's on the refs Most Wanted list and those phantom calls will hurt him more now.

10. LuckyShot

LuckyShot Well-Known Member

Execute! Follow the same general plan as game 2 minus playing iso offense for much of the 4th quarter. Just keep executing our offense and not allowing them to sit in the paint and wait to foul us and get away with it. Then find the guts to keep up our defensive intensity. For most of the game, we were great at closing out shooters without just flying past them and giving them wide open looks or lanes to the rim. We were taking good angles around screens and switching to help out when appropriate. Everyone had their heads on a swivel and was helping each other out. GS was totally out of sorts for most of game 2. They just keep coming at you and if you relax or lose your focus for a few plays, they get hot and pour in a ton of points in a hurry.

I feel like this series is less of a chess match than the Clipper series. They just have a lot of shooters and they relentlessly let it fly. Plus they set a shit ton of moving screens to create space, but that's a given. For us it's going to come down to guts, and hitting open shots when we get them. We need our role players to step up and hit their 3s. I definitely think the crowd got to some of our young guys who have never been in that situation before. Having that kind of crowd backing us this time around might be enough to make the difference. So to those that go to the game, be loud! I think we can steal one if not both of the games at home if we play like we did in game 2. I don't think they can come back like they did in game 2 if we are at home.

Orion Bailey likes this.
  11. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    Dame needs to do better at the point. He was a joy to watch the last 4 games vs the Clippers. Stotts' plays and him driving and kicking reminded me a lot of how LeBron look for the Cavs in last year's finals. He was hitting guys in rhythm vs. guys having to create on their own. Or take opportune shots that aren't the greatest. Get Aminu and Harkless raining 3s and we can win.

In 8 quarters of play at Golden State, we held our own in 6. We're not that overmatched.

We were down 2 against the Clippers. Home cooking helps a lot.

BBert likes this.
  12. Tunchi

Tunchi Well-Known Member

Haha right?

Sometimes the better team is.. Just the BETTER team lol

13. Trackjack

Trackjack Well-Known Member

We need to stay focus for 48 minutes. Stotts need to keep a hot hand in instead of taking him out because it his time to sit. We need to jump for board instead Reb flat footed. Bogut doesn't jump when he board not at all. Be physical with Green make he loose his temper.

14. Blazer4ever

Blazer4ever Finding a Way BANNED

Agricolture
    One thing I think we should try is playing Dame on Klay, CJ on Steph. I think it's just a better match-up.
    Another is being aggressive. Not settling for just jump-shots or 3 pointers, go strong, take the ball inside. Maybe play Vonleh some minutes at PF rather than playing small the entire game

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  15. Blazer4ever

Blazer4ever Finding a Way BANNED

Agricolture
    One thing I think we should try is playing Dame on Klay, CJ on Steph. I think it's just a better match-up.
    Another is being aggressive. Not settling for just jump-shots or 3 pointers, go strong, take the ball inside. Maybe play Vonleh some minutes at PF rather than playing small the entire game

SlyPokerDog likes this.