Ah finally

Discussion in 'Denver Nuggets' started by Opal, Jan 8, 2007.

1. CavsRules

CavsRules BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Grass @ Jan 9 2007, 04:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>im sure 100% melo stats will go down he wont average more than 25 anymore and AI will stay betwen 28-31 and denver wont do better than last season trust me all of nba stars and superstars shoting more than 45% but iverson the only one shoting 41% stop dreaming dude</div>Its Funny.You tell me all the time I go by stats and this and that.(Not True, but w/e) And yet almost ever post you talk about FG %. Like someone else said. I would take a 40% shooting and 30 Points any day over 70& and 5 Points.

2. Opal

Opal Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Grass @ Jan 9 2007, 02:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>im sure 100% melo stats will go down he wont average more than 25 anymore and AI will stay betwen 28-31 and denver wont do better than last season trust me all of nba stars and superstars shoting more than 45% but iverson the only one shoting 41% stop dreaming dude</div>It is hard to say what big moe and magic havent already said, but not better than last season? How? We have the same team besides Buckner and Andre with better additions such as JR and AI. I see us breezing past the first round this year because:1) 'Melo is a better player who is not the only resource when they need to score.2) AI is experienced in the playoffs and has led his team to the NBA Finals before.3) We are an all around better team.

3. BigMo763

BigMo763 Active Member

I wouldn't say the Nuggets will necessarily "breeze past the first round," because quite frankly I believe it really depends on what seed they get. I don't see them beating SA, Dallas or PHX in the first round if they are matched up against them, and there are other teams where the series could go either way. Personnel wise the Nuggets are definitely better off this season than they were last season, but still anything can happen. We'll see...

4. Opal

Opal Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BigMo763 @ Jan 9 2007, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I wouldn't say the Nuggets will necessarily "breeze past the first round," because quite frankly I believe it really depends on what seed they get. I don't see them beating SA, Dallas or PHX in the first round if they are matched up against them, and there are other teams where the series could go either way. Personnel wise the Nuggets are definitely better off this season than they were last season, but still anything can happen. We'll see...</div>True, but I think they will be a top 4 seed along with those 3 teams, or with the best records. At the lowest I think a 5th with the Jazz 4th and I think we could beat them.

5. Grass

Grass BBW Member

are u for real Denver playmaker is gone they got aball hog instead and melo wont get the ball alot so he wont score alot but still he wont suck like AI melo FG% is very good

6. CavsRules

CavsRules BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Grass @ Jan 10 2007, 10:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>are u for real Denver playmaker is gone they got aball hog instead and melo wont get the ball alot so he wont score alot but still he wont suck like AI melo FG% is very good</div>Your pretty crazy...lolYou call A.I a ball hog, but yet he avg 7.4 APG...What a ball hog. [​IMG] And you act like Melo is never coming back when he will be back really soon. (Guessing Sat the 20th? Or 19th?)

7. BigMo763

BigMo763 Active Member

Yes, whoever knew that a player who is in the top ten in the league in assists is a ballhog, especially when you look at what he has had to work with both in Philadelphia and thus far in Denver. Oh, wait a minute Grass... 7.5 assists per game is more than your boy Manu! I guess that means Ginobili is a ballhog too, right? :HAHAHA:

8. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

I agree with BigMo. Do you watch AI play Grass? Are you that much of a idiot? How is AI a ball hog top 10 in assists with 7.4 while scoring about 30 a game I might add. He could not shoot a good % cause he got doubled, and tripled team due to the lack of talent around him in Philly. He shot great when he first came to Denver then went in a little slump. His starting guy were better in Philly then here in Denver while Melo, and JR were suspended. Also Camby only played like 3 games. Daiwara is a joke except one game 3-14 shooting 1-11 shooting w/e it was awful. Boykins I like a lot, but he get's taking advantage of guys are all over him he is 5'5. Klazia or w/e suck this team needs to rebuild there bench. Evans can rebound atleast, but still.AI 15-25 against the Spurs tonight. He actually got a little breathing space with JR return he would not have 3 guys on him like all most half the time. And AI, and Melo can't still get the same shots? They will be playing the up tempo offense like the Suns. They will both get enough touches with there teamates to still be able to get there shots playing at the tempo they will be playing at.If Iverson scored 33 PPG last season, and Webber still averaged about 20 PPG last season with guys like Korver, and Iggy still getting about 13 a game why can't Melo and AI do that? Exactly no reason they won't. And the Sixers did not run cause of Webber yet they still all got there shots.They can both average 30 a game. AI's assists will go up. AI's turnovers will go down due to guys actually finishing plays. And AI will be able to shoot easier shots so I think he will shoot a better % when he won't be doubled/tripled teamed.

9. iversonfan268

iversonfan268 BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Serge @ Jan 11 2007, 01:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I agree with BigMo. Do you watch AI play Grass? Are you that much of a idiot? How is AI a ball hog top 10 in assists with 7.4 while scoring about 30 a game I might add. He could not shoot a good % cause he got doubled, and tripled team due to the lack of talent around him in Philly. He shot great when he first came to Denver then went in a little slump. His starting guy were better in Philly then here in Denver while Melo, and JR were suspended. Also Camby only played like 3 games. Daiwara is a joke except one game 3-14 shooting 1-11 shooting w/e it was awful. Boykins I like a lot, but he get's taking advantage of guys are all over him he is 5'5. Klazia or w/e suck this team needs to rebuild there bench. Evans can rebound atleast, but still.AI 15-25 against the Spurs tonight. He actually got a little breathing space with JR return he would not have 3 guys on him like all most half the time. And AI, and Melo can't still get the same shots? They will be playing the up tempo offense like the Suns. They will both get enough touches with there teamates to still be able to get there shots playing at the tempo they will be playing at.If Iverson scored 33 PPG last season, and Webber still averaged about 20 PPG last season with guys like Korver, and Iggy still getting about 13 a game why can't Melo and AI do that? Exactly no reason they won't. And the Sixers did not run cause of Webber yet they still all got there shots.They can both average 30 a game. AI's assists will go up. AI's turnovers will go down due to guys actually finishing plays. And AI will be able to shoot easier shots so I think he will shoot a better % when he won't be doubled/tripled teamed.</div>I thought you finally stopped being an AI homer until that post. Both will average 30 a game and AI's assists will go up? Are you crazy. You realize that's never been done before right? You realize how high of a % AI will need to shoot to still average 30 ppg, raise his assists, and still let Melo get enough touches to get 30 ppg as well, not too forget all the other players on the team including JR Smith who is also a great scorer. Not too forget he's playing in a tougher Western Conference now and he'll have to consistently do this in 40 minutes. Sorry but the ball can't go around that much buddy. BTW I hope you've finally realized how stupid your comment was about Iverson averaging 30 and 10 as a Sixer in the offseason.

10. Grass

Grass BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cavsrules @ Jan 10 2007, 01:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Your pretty crazy...lolYou call A.I a ball hog, but yet he avg 7.4 APG...What a ball hog. [​IMG] And you act like Melo is never coming back when he will be back really soon. (Guessing Sat the 20th? Or 19th?)</div>yes he is most of his assits are alyops or pass to Iggy to an easy dunk or open shots to kyle and hit the 3 thats easy hes aboll hog I watched him and I BET melo will kick him next season because he wont suck he will stay as asuperstar because he wont get the ball much and sick of losses

11. BigMo763

BigMo763 Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Grass @ Jan 12 2007, 02:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>yes he is most of his assits are alyops or pass to Iggy to an easy dunk or open shots to kyle and hit the 3 thats easy hes aboll hog I watched him and I BET melo will kick him next season because he wont suck he will stay as asuperstar because he wont get the ball much and sick of losses</div>Um, alright, so now you're excluding alley-oops and passes to Korver for open three's as assists? Well then, I guess under that logic Steve Nash is a ballhog too then, right? :HAHAHA:

12. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (iversonfan268 @ Jan 11 2007, 10:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I thought you finally stopped being an AI homer until that post. Both will average 30 a game and AI's assists will go up? Are you crazy. You realize that's never been done before right? You realize how high of a % AI will need to shoot to still average 30 ppg, raise his assists, and still let Melo get enough touches to get 30 ppg as well, not too forget all the other players on the team including JR Smith who is also a great scorer. Not too forget he's playing in a tougher Western Conference now and he'll have to consistently do this in 40 minutes. Sorry but the ball can't go around that much buddy. BTW I hope you've finally realized how stupid your comment was about Iverson averaging 30 and 10 as a Sixer in the offseason.</div>I am not a AI homer I speak the truth. If I was a AI homer I would have said he should have won MVP last year not just the year before that. LOLI am crazy? I already was right about something I remember in the Philly section before I left and got to busy. With that up tempo offense AI, and Melo can average 30 yes. And AI assists will go up guys will finish palays better then in Philly, and they will be having more positions with the style they will play man. Again Iverson shot 25 times a game last season averaged 33 a game. Webber averaged 20 a game. Also Korver, and Iggy about 13 a game. So with the slow pase and the players being worse that still happened when people never thought it would. Yet with the crazy pase the will play at and that Denver is way better then the Sixers when everyone is there Melo and AI can't do that? Yeah right watch man.And 30/10 I was right first week AI average more then 30, and put up like 9. something assists close to 10 but more then 30 PPG. Of course being a Sixer he could not keep it up cause guys on that team sucked.Watch next season with the Nuggets 30/10. I have proov I for got who I was talking to online he was saying how right I was about what I said about AI 30/10 with the Sixers. But then the guys started sucking it up. And went down hill with the Sixers after that.

13. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Grass @ Jan 12 2007, 03:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>yes he is most of his assits are alyops or pass to Iggy to an easy dunk or open shots to kyle and hit the 3 thats easy hes aboll hog I watched him and I BET melo will kick him next season because he wont suck he will stay as asuperstar because he wont get the ball much and sick of losses</div>Huh Melo will kick him for what reason you made 0 sence there buddy.

14. Grass

Grass BBW Member

of im sick of say every thing 132193 times read why

15. iversonfan268

iversonfan268 BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Serge @ Jan 12 2007, 02:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I am not a AI homer I speak the truth. If I was a AI homer I would have said he should have won MVP last year not just the year before that. LOLI am crazy? I already was right about something I remember in the Philly section before I left and got to busy. With that up tempo offense AI, and Melo can average 30 yes. And AI assists will go up guys will finish palays better then in Philly, and they will be having more positions with the style they will play man. Again Iverson shot 25 times a game last season averaged 33 a game. Webber averaged 20 a game. Also Korver, and Iggy about 13 a game. So with the slow pase and the players being worse that still happened when people never thought it would. Yet with the crazy pase the will play at and that Denver is way better then the Sixers when everyone is there Melo and AI can't do that? Yeah right watch man.And 30/10 I was right first week AI average more then 30, and put up like 9. something assists close to 10 but more then 30 PPG. Of course being a Sixer he could not keep it up cause guys on that team sucked.Watch next season with the Nuggets 30/10. I have proov I for got who I was talking to online he was saying how right I was about what I said about AI 30/10 with the Sixers. But then the guys started sucking it up. And went down hill with the Sixers after that.</div>Dude you realize AI isn't even averaging 30 and 10 in the Nuggets offense as the main man right? If Iverson can't do it right now while getting the ball almost every time give me one reason while he'll do it when Melo gets back and AI gets less touches. And all I keep hearing you say is AI and Melo blah blah blah. Are you forgettting the Nuggets still have a whole team? Did you forget about JR Smith, Marcus Camby, etc.? Your also not even taking into consideration that Melo probably will be the main option on offense and AI will become the playmaker. Also who gives a hit if AI averaged nearly 30 and 10 the first week. AI has had a few weeks averaging that since he came back to the pg position in 04. The point is he averaged 30 and 7.5 and you were clearly wrong about that and clearly just being an AI homer. Also one guy agreeing with you doesn't proove anything other than he's probably retarded. I can't wait to be able to rub in your face how stupid it was of you to think AI will average 30 and 10 with Melo still averaging 30 aswell.

16. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (iversonfan268 @ Jan 12 2007, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Dude you realize AI isn't even averaging 30 and 10 in the Nuggets offense as the main man right? If Iverson can't do it right now while getting the ball almost every time give me one reason while he'll do it when Melo gets back and AI gets less touches. And all I keep hearing you say is AI and Melo blah blah blah. Are you forgettting the Nuggets still have a whole team? Did you forget about JR Smith, Marcus Camby, etc.? Your also not even taking into consideration that Melo probably will be the main option on offense and AI will become the playmaker. Also who gives a hit if AI averaged nearly 30 and 10 the first week. AI has had a few weeks averaging that since he came back to the pg position in 04. The point is he averaged 30 and 7.5 and you were clearly wrong about that and clearly just being an AI homer. Also one guy agreeing with you doesn't proove anything other than he's probably retarded. I can't wait to be able to rub in your face how stupid it was of you to think AI will average 30 and 10 with Melo still averaging 30 aswell.</div>Main man your right, and also only man you seem to for get. Phillys bench was better then they guys AI had starting with him except Camby the 3 games before JR came back. If you watched some of those games you would understand that those games he had like 10-13 assists he should have had way more, and game with 5-6 assists it should have been close to 10 guys do not finish I am telling you no joke it's pathetic I respect the Sixers bench even more now that I saw Denvers. LOLAI will do it cause Melo will actually finish plays, unlike Diawara shooting mos tnight 1-11 or 1-13 or 3-14 ect you get the point. And once JR get's back in his groov same thing. Bench guys right now are not finishing plays. And no I did not for get JR, or Camby. But ect who else? LMAO that is all pretty much. I was not being a AI homer guys stoped finishing plays the assits of course go down. As far as I remember guys you pass to actually gotta make the buckets for you to get assists. Can they both average 30 yes. Will they both average 30 not if AI wants to also get 10 assists it will depend on all that. I say Melo 30+ a game, and AI 25/11 rest of the season once evryone is back playing together. It depends again if the coach uses AI at the PG mostly then yes he can get 25/10. But if he uses Blake at the PG half the time, and moves AI to the SG then AI and Melo both put up 30.

17. iversonfan268

iversonfan268 BBW VIP

Listen I do realize Iverson hasn't been having a good supporting cast at all but if you haven't noticed he still is being incredibly unselfish and passing it around. last night is a perfect example. AI started off shooting great and everybody else was playing horrible on offense. AI still kept dishing out the ball a lot anyways even though he could've easily scored 40 last night the way he was playing. So basically when Melo gets back he'll be scoring even less. When Melo gets back I wouldn't even expect 25 a game from Iverson. You make it sound like Melo will get a bulk of his points from AI dishing it too him. Melo arguably has the best all around scoring game in the NBA and he doesn't need Iverson to create for him. If you were watching the game last night you heard them say AI said he wants Melo to continue being the main guy. That means Melo will be doing a lot more himself w/o Iverson passing him the ball for the assist. That also obviously means that Melo will be having the ball more often. Even 25 and 11 is a big stretch. Steve Nash is averaging 20 and 11 and he is distributing to his players almost everytime. Not tell me how AI is gonna average 25 and 11 as a 2nd option when he will also be having the ball less.Also I have noticed you keep saying. If AI wants to get this, if AI wants to get that, blah blah blah. Iverson has won scoring titles, the MVP award, 2 all star gam MVP awards, etc. Has it ever occured to you that stats are the smallest thing on Iversons mind and all he cares about now is what needs to be done for him to win a ring.

18. BigMo763

BigMo763 Active Member

I don't think that 25 points and 8-11 assists a night is a stretch for AI once Carmelo returns... he's putting up 25 a night right now, and assuming Karl sticks with his plan of running AI at the SG spot for about 10 minutes a night (mainly when Carmelo and/or JR are on the bench) I think Iverson will get his 25 points a night. But when he's at the PG spot, he'll be looking to penetrate and dish. A lot of his points will come off of transition, and when his man goes to double Carmelo. He won't have as many isolation opportunities as he did in Philadelphia.

19. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (iversonfan268 @ Jan 13 2007, 12:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Listen I do realize Iverson hasn't been having a good supporting cast at all but if you haven't noticed he still is being incredibly unselfish and passing it around. last night is a perfect example. AI started off shooting great and everybody else was playing horrible on offense. AI still kept dishing out the ball a lot anyways even though he could've easily scored 40 last night the way he was playing. So basically when Melo gets back he'll be scoring even less. When Melo gets back I wouldn't even expect 25 a game from Iverson. You make it sound like Melo will get a bulk of his points from AI dishing it too him. Melo arguably has the best all around scoring game in the NBA and he doesn't need Iverson to create for him. If you were watching the game last night you heard them say AI said he wants Melo to continue being the main guy. That means Melo will be doing a lot more himself w/o Iverson passing him the ball for the assist. That also obviously means that Melo will be having the ball more often. Even 25 and 11 is a big stretch. Steve Nash is averaging 20 and 11 and he is distributing to his players almost everytime. Not tell me how AI is gonna average 25 and 11 as a 2nd option when he will also be having the ball less.Also I have noticed you keep saying. If AI wants to get this, if AI wants to get that, blah blah blah. Iverson has won scoring titles, the MVP award, 2 all star gam MVP awards, etc. Has it ever occured to you that stats are the smallest thing on Iversons mind and all he cares about now is what needs to be done for him to win a ring.</div>Umm of course I noticed that. I am saying though now he passes half the times guys do not finish plays. When everyone is back the reguler guys will finish plays more then Diawara, Evens, Najera, ect........... I what I was saying so his assists should be more up I would think. But AI will deff still average 25 when Melo is back man. 30 I can see why you might not agree, but 25 is no dought in my mind. What you think this hall of famer who seems to be still in his prime put up 20 or less? HAHAI know Melo does not need AI to create for him, but he will A LOT of the times. Yes, and they will both be main guys for Melo to be the main guy AI does not have to score 20 or less he can still get 25 a night easy.And dude AI is the PG except for the time he rests. No matter what AI will handle the ball the most as a PG. Melo will still probably be the main guy scoring wise yes. But AI is the PG he will have the ball more then Melo that way. I don't mean more shots I mean he will handle the ball more. HAHA dude your arguing the same point I was making with the AI haters that all AI wants is to win. That is why he said he wants Melo to be the main guy win the scoring title. I know Melo will probbaly be the leading scorer, but AI easy would still get 25 PPG, and 10 assists I think also. He will handle the ball more as a PG even though Melo get's more shots, and is the mani guy it does not mean he will actually handle the ball AI will be doing that mostly as the PG. Your trying to scream at me like I am saying AI is selfish I been trying to argue with the haters that he is not every were. Melo can still score more, but AI can get his 25/10. There will be more shots with the tempo they will play at. And I am not saying AI will get more shots then Melo he shot less shots then Melo when he was a Sixer this year. I am saying he will hendle the ball though since he is a PG.

20. iversonfan268

iversonfan268 BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Serge @ Jan 13 2007, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Umm of course I noticed that. I am saying though now he passes half the times guys do not finish plays. When everyone is back the reguler guys will finish plays more then Diawara, Evens, Najera, ect........... I what I was saying so his assists should be more up I would think. But AI will deff still average 25 when Melo is back man. 30 I can see why you might not agree, but 25 is no dought in my mind. What you think this hall of famer who seems to be still in his prime put up 20 or less? HAHAI know Melo does not need AI to create for him, but he will A LOT of the times. Yes, and they will both be main guys for Melo to be the main guy AI does not have to score 20 or less he can still get 25 a night easy.And dude AI is the PG except for the time he rests. No matter what AI will handle the ball the most as a PG. Melo will still probably be the main guy scoring wise yes. But AI is the PG he will have the ball more then Melo that way. I don't mean more shots I mean he will handle the ball more. HAHA dude your arguing the same point I was making with the AI haters that all AI wants is to win. That is why he said he wants Melo to be the main guy win the scoring title. I know Melo will probbaly be the leading scorer, but AI easy would still get 25 PPG, and 10 assists I think also. He will handle the ball more as a PG even though Melo get's more shots, and is the mani guy it does not mean he will actually handle the ball AI will be doing that mostly as the PG. Your trying to scream at me like I am saying AI is selfish I been trying to argue with the haters that he is not every were. Melo can still score more, but AI can get his 25/10. There will be more shots with the tempo they will play at. And I am not saying AI will get more shots then Melo he shot less shots then Melo when he was a Sixer this year. I am saying he will hendle the ball though since he is a PG.</div>Might wanna re-read my posts because there's a few things your saying that I said in which I never did. Anyways I don't know what else to say. I've given every point I can think of and your starting to repeat yourself aswell. I guess were gonna have to agree to disagree. I just think 25 and 11 seems like a stretch and I've stated my reasons why. 25 and 9 or 8.5 just seems more likely to me. One thing I did notice though is you said AI will always be PG unless he's resting. Don't forget we got Steve Blake and that yesterday when he and AI were out at the same time Blake was taking down the ball a lot as the PG and Ai was at SG. Just something I thought I'd point out.