AI G'd up from the feet up

Discussion in 'Philadelphia 76ers' started by AIFan, Nov 1, 2005.

1. AIFan

AIFan JBB JustBBall Member

[​IMG]

I wonder if those count as dress shoes though?

2. bballer768484

bballer768484 JBB JustBBall Member

Yeah is G'd Up

3. Avery

Avery JBB IDIOT!! GOSH!!!

He has money, he could have least get his cloths fitted.

4. ROCK4LIFE

ROCK4LIFE Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Avery:</div><div class="quote_post">He has money, he could have least get his cloths fitted.</div>
    This is my whole point....... Even with Iverson complying with the dress code, some people are NEVER going to be happy with the NBA's image. [​IMG]

5. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rock4life:</div><div class="quote_post">This is my whole point....... Even with Iverson complying with the dress code, some people are NEVER going to be happy with the NBA's image. [​IMG]</div>How is that supposed to make sense?

6. ROCK4LIFE

ROCK4LIFE Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting 44Thrilla:</div><div class="quote_post">How is that supposed to make sense?</div>
    It's simple...........When the guy agrees to comply with dress code, people STILL will always find something wrong with what he has on. (ex:jeans too baggy, shirt ect........) What he has on isn't going to change coroporate america's opinion of what he is. Meaning if you want to transform the image of the NBA, you would have to almost paint the players anything other than black.[​IMG]

7. Avery

Avery JBB IDIOT!! GOSH!!!

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">t's simple...........If the guy agrees to comply with dress code, people will always find something wrong with what he has on. (ex:jeans too baggy, shirt ect........) What he has on isn't going to change coroporate america's opinion of what he is...</div>

Yup. Even with the nice outfit and all, I still see the same hip hop Iverson. He still got the earings, corn rows and most notably the baggy clothing. The "bagginess" of the clothes they wear is something I thnk sparked Stern to make this code. Btw, Toni Kukoc seems to be the first guy that broke Stern's dress code. He had the pants and all, but took of his collar shirt and walked into the arena with his under shirt. I smell a fine. [​IMG]

8. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rock4life:</div><div class="quote_post">It's simple...........When the guy agrees to comply with dress code, people STILL will always find something wrong with what he has on. (ex:jeans too baggy, shirt ect........) What he has on isn't going to change coroporate america's opinion of what he is. Meaning if you want to transform the image of the NBA, you would have to almost paint the players anything other than black.</div>Wow, I didn't realize that Avery was a typical example of "corporate America" that would need for the players to paint themselves white before he respected them.

Sorry about that.

9. ROCK4LIFE

ROCK4LIFE Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting 44Thrilla:</div><div class="quote_post">Wow, I didn't realize that Avery was a typical example of "corporate America" that would need for the players to paint themselves white before he respected them.

Sorry about that.</div>
    Lol......Your effort trying to discredit everything I say is very comical, even when the comment isn't even aimed at you. But back to my point, I wasn't trying single out Avery. I was simply making a point that his comment repersents alot of people in the world.

10. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rock4life:</div><div class="quote_post">Lol......Your effort trying to discredit everything I say is very comical, even when the comment isn't even aimed at you. But back to my point, I wasn't trying single out Avery. I was simply making a point that his comment repersents alot of people in the world.</div>And my point is that, even if you do have a point, it's a bad example. Avery is a 17 year old black male from NYC whose favorite player is Allen Iverson. Him saying what he did doesn't even come close to validating your point in any way.

11. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Why is AI carrying a purse to the game?

12. ROCK4LIFE

ROCK4LIFE Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting 44Thrilla:</div><div class="quote_post">And my point is that, even if you do have a point, it's a bad example. Avery is a 17 year old black male from NYC whose favorite player is Allen Iverson. Him saying what he did doesn't even come close to validating your point in any way.</div>
    Why not? Who cares if his clothes don't fit him the way you'd like them too, alsong as it isn't breaking any rules, then so be it. That's my point. People will crucify this guy because he's the symbol of the Hiphop generation, I was using Avery's statement as an example. Get it now

13. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rock4life:</div><div class="quote_post">Why not? Who cares if his clothes don't fit him the way you'd like them too, alsong as it isn't breaking any rules, then so be it. That's my point. People will crucify this guy because he's the symbol of the Hiphop generation, I was using Avery's statement as an example. Get it now</div>I understand what your point is, and I agree with it. All I'm trying to tell you is that Avery's statement is a horrible example of it.

14. ROCK4LIFE

ROCK4LIFE Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting 44Thrilla:</div><div class="quote_post">I understand what your point is, and I agree with it. All I'm trying to tell you is that Avery's statement is a horrible example of it.</div>
    Why?

15. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rock4life:</div><div class="quote_post">Why?</div>Because, like I said, Avery is a 17 year old black Allen Iverson fan. He's not judging the league's image on Iverson's clothes.

Had it been a middle aged lawyer from Montana that said that, then it would be a great example.

16. Squishface

Squishface JBB Ministering Fools

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting shapecity:</div><div class="quote_post">Why is AI carrying a purse to the game?</div>

It's a European thing. It's really a handbag.

17. Shapecity

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rock4life:</div><div class="quote_post">Why not? Who cares if his clothes don't fit him the way you'd like them too, alsong as it isn't breaking any rules, then so be it. That's my point. People will crucify this guy because he's the symbol of the Hiphop generation, I was using Avery's statement as an example. Get it now</div>

Hardly, AI does not symbolize the Hip Hop generation at all. Hip Hop is based on four core elements, Dancing, Graffiti, DJing, and the MC. Some where in time Hip Hop became a media label encompassing more than those elements, but true hip hop heads know the roots of the culture, and Allen Iverson the basketball player has nothing to do with it.

18. ROCK4LIFE

ROCK4LIFE Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting shapecity:</div><div class="quote_post">Hardly, AI does not symbolize the Hip Hop generation at all. Hip Hop is based on four core elements, Dancing, Graffiti, DJing, and the MC. Some where in time Hip Hop became a media label encompassing more than those elements, but true hip hop heads know the roots of the culture, and Allen Iverson the basketball player has nothing to do with it.</div>
    I know my hiphop, but thank you. I didn't mean symbol of the whole Hiphop culture, I meant hiphop culture in the NBA. He's the one who brought it to the media's attention. He's the poster boy for Hiphop culture in the NBA. That's a given.

19. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting shapecity:</div><div class="quote_post">Hardly, AI does not symbolize the Hip Hop generation at all. Hip Hop is based on four core elements, Dancing, Graffiti, DJing, and the MC. Some where in time Hip Hop became a media label encompassing more than those elements, but true hip hop heads know the roots of the culture, and Allen Iverson the basketball player has nothing to do with it.</div>I agree with that, also.

The only thing I agree with Rock4Life on is the fact that the dress code isn't going change anybodys opinions of NBA players.

20. Shapecity

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rock4life:</div><div class="quote_post">I know my hiphop, but thank you. I didn't mean symbol of the whole Hiphop culture, I meant hiphop culture in the NBA. He's the one who brought it to the media's attention. He's the poster boy for Hiphop culture in the NBA. That's a given.</div>

What? AI did not bring Hip Hop culture into the NBA. The culture was in the game long before Iverson came around. The ABA brought Hip Hop culture into the NBA... Dr J, The Iceman etc. Even Shaq-Fu was more instrumental than AI, so were the Fab 5 from Michigan with the baggy shorts and black socks.