AI G'd up from the feet up

Discussion in 'Philadelphia 76ers' started by AIFan, Nov 1, 2005.

1. AIFan

AIFan JBB JustBBall Member

As if I hadn't already provided plenty of proof to support my argument that AI is the posterboy for the hip hop generation, and represents it like nobody has before him, chew on this shapecity.

Top 10 playas of the Hip Hop/hoops era

Still waiting for any offering you have, besides your jaded opinion, that backs up your claim that he's not.

And here's another one for you
    An Answer to Hip Hop/hoops question

In this article, the author echoes an awfully familiar sentiment when he says "AI is usually the first image to come to mind when people think of hip-hop and basketball."

And last but not least

What player comes to mind when you think of the NBA's hip hop generation?
    Chris Webber.............. 2................. 3.03%
    Michael Jordan............. 5................ 7.58%
    Allen Iverson .............. 49................ 74.24%
    Rasheed Wallace.......... 1 ................ 1.52%
    Shaquille O'Neal............ 2................ 3.03%
    other........................... 7................ 10.61%

How much more clear can it get?

2. Kunlun

Kunlun JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Avery:</div><div class="quote_post">Btw, Toni Kukoc seems to be the first guy that broke Stern's dress code. He had the pants and all, but took of his collar shirt and walked into the arena with his under shirt. I smell a fine. [​IMG]</div>
    Yeah, I saw that too, but he's white and European so he will get away with it.

3. AIFan

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Kunlun:</div><div class="quote_post">Yeah, I saw that too, but he's white and European so he will get away with it.</div>I guess so. Let AI do that and it'll be plastered all over the newspapers, on ESPN, the radio, he'll get crucified.

4. STC

STC JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting shapecity:</div><div class="quote_post"> Exactly, so obeying the dress code should make no difference. Because underneath it all he's still the same person. </div>

I don't agree with this at all.

Here's a true story. A doctor goes into a high school with untied black shoes, big baggy pants, a shirt thats to big, and a hat to the side. He was doing a presentationspeech for a class. He goes up to a girl in the class and says "Hello, I'm a doctor. Would you let me examine you?" The girl says "No way."

The doctor leaves and the teacher takes over. The doctor comes back in a suit and says to the girl, "Hello, I'm a doctor. Would you let me examine you? I wouldn't do it here, but at the office", and she said "Yes."

Appearance matters. You are judged by the way you look. You see someone before you get to know them.

5. AIFan

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting STCBBall3:</div><div class="quote_post">I don't agree with this at all.

Here's a true story. A doctor goes into a high school with untied black shoes, big baggy pants, a shirt thats to big, and a hat to the side. He was doing a presentationspeech for a class. He goes up to a girl in the class and says "Hello, I'm a doctor. Would you let me examine you?" The girl says "No way."

The doctor leaves and the teacher takes over. The doctor comes back in a suit and says to the girl, "Hello, I'm a doctor. Would you let me examine you? I wouldn't do it here, but at the office", and she said "Yes."

Appearance matters. You are judged by the way you look. You see someone before you get to know them.</div>This is true, but the difference between a Dr. and a basketball player is #1, the baller is an athlete/an entertainer, and #2, the Dr. doesn't have the media all up in his business on a daily basis. When's the last time you seen a Dr. engulfed by the media as he arried to work? Ever see Dr's half dressed in the locker room after a shower that followed an exhausting surgery while being questioned about how the procedure went? So use your example if you want, just make sure to add in a part that says how the girl seen the Dr. in action and was impressed by not only his people skills, but his knowledge and abilities to do what he does at a very high level, before she was asked if she wanted the Dr.(dressed in street clothes as you described) to examine her. I guarantee the answer would be different.