Politics Al Franken accused of sexual misconduct

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by Rastapopoulos, Nov 16, 2017.

1. jlprk

jlprk The ESPN mod is insane.

retired, while you work!
    There goes sex in media comedy. Here comes Father Knows Best, Ozzie & Harriet, Bewitched, My 3 Sons, and Leave it to Beaver.

2. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Al Franken should resign.

riverman likes this.
  3. bodyman5000 and 1

bodyman5000 and 1 Lions, Tigers, Me, Bears

I'll have to read this all tonight. Should he really have to quit?

4. Cippy91

Cippy91 Habitual Line Stepper

I don’t know the whole story here with al Franken, I just have seen that picture and people responding acting like it’s the most terrible thing in the world. He’s not even touching her if you look closely. He’s air squeezing her tits. People don’t know the context of the picture and immediately freak out. I don’t understand this. This outrage on everything without getting the full story or context of it. Also I find it alarming when a man gets accused of sexually harassing a woman, she is automatically believed. Regardless if franken is guilty or not. It’s true. This “me too” hashtag that goes around, I’m sure many women have made up stories for attention. When multiple women come out and say some shit then I start paying attention. I’m sorry though when it’s just one with no concrete evidence, I can’t just believe it. Too many women have lies about that shit or being raped and it turned out not to be true or they did it for money. I’m not relating this to the al Franken story entirely but it’s an alarming trend im seeing.

5. Rastapopoulos

Rastapopoulos Well-Known Member

Ballin'
  6. Cippy91

Horrifying? He’s not groping her. This is what I mean by these twitter retards and their outrage. Enhance the picture. He’s air touching her. If that’s groping then holy fuck.

Chris Craig likes this.
  7. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Say it ain't so Al. Al Franken is a fine senator. Its all too bad he's embroiled in this. But, he did this he brought it on himself. That picture to be honest looks like a joke. Maybe a crude one, but a joke all the same. If he forced kissed her against her will thats a different story. But, it sounds like a good man made a mistake long ago to be part of a joke that went wrong. Every famous male out there are sifting in their minds through the stupid shit they did years ago and hoping it doesn't come back on them. Dammit Al...the list grows.

8. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Man if all this sexual harrasment\assault stuff came out last year...Trump wouldn't be president

9. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

It did, Chris.

I wonder if those who say Franken should resign also think Trump should resign?

dviss1, riverman and Chris Craig like this.
  10. bodyman5000 and 1

Ellen should resign for that Katy Perry shit then. I don't think so but that's where we are heading.

Good thing Hefner died already or he'd be next.

11. riverman

riverman Writing Team

I do...in a way his locker room talk excuse started this whole exposure of abuse..maybe this is what draining the swamp really means

Chris Craig likes this.
  12. Spud147

Spud147 Mercy Mercy

No, it doesn't appear he's actually groping her but he's still making her a sexual object without her consent while she's trying to work in a professional environment. And, just like with George Bush Sr. and his groping and jokes about David Cop-a-feel being his favorite magician, I don't think he should be prosecuted but we really need some sensitivity training up in here!

SlyPokerDog and riverman like this.
  13. Cippy91

it's an inappropriate joke, yet people act like they don't have eyes are calling it disgusting and calling it groping. I don't know about all the other accusations but the picture alone is getting shit for dumb reasons

14. Chris Craig

I read the whole story. This picture was taken later after he forced himself on her kissed her and put his tongue in her mouth without her consent. He commited those acts, then did this picture joke or not. This behavior should not be condoned. Damn Al.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  15. Cippy91

dude I am reading the story, she claims she got groped in that picture? really? first of all he isn't touching you at all, second of all you are even wearing a vest. I mean we don't know if other shit she is saying are half truths or what the fuck

16. bodyman5000 and 1

That's pretty bad. Not illegal in Nevada until she says stop but pretty bad. At least that's what the cops always tell my wife's hairdressers that get groped. Happens ALL the time.

17. BlazerWookee

BlazerWookee UNTILT THE DAMN PINWHEEL!

Gear Finisher
    Why isn't that good enough? Franken's a first rate scumbag, but calling a photo of him pretending to grope a woman who is wearing a goddamned flak vest "sexual assault" is absolutely ridiculous. As for the kiss, it's definitely creepy, and if it made her feel uncomfortable then he was absolutely wrong. But lowering the threshold of the definition of sexual assault does nothing but lessen the impact of the words themselves, and that's insulting to those who have been truly assaulted.

18. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    Nothing left to say. Flack vest skit is irrelevant.

Mote likes this.
  19. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

The question we should all ask ourselves is would we want someone doing that to our daughter or mother?

20. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

You really think Hefner had to force himself on anyone? GTFO. Ellen resign? She's in public office?