Exclusive All Things Brandon Miller

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by HailBlazers, May 17, 2023.

1. Pinwheel1

Pinwheel1 Well-Known Member

I have asked this before....but in that scenario what would any of us have done? Not knowing the situation of what your teammate was in....would you have turned the car around and left him stranded? Right or wrong, the 20-year-old me would have shown up.

CJ_is_Gone and Natebishop3 like this.
  2. illmatic99

illmatic99 formerly yuyuza1

This is what the mother of the victim said:

“When somebody says bring a gun to them, what do you think they’re going to do with it?’’ Cotton said. “And if there was no gun, she would not be dead.’’

So when you say what should he have done when asked to bring a gun to a club by a guy who had clearly been drinking.... How about nothing? How about call the police? How about advising this guy to deescalate and get out?

Don't go and knowingly take a gun to a guy who had concealed it in your car.

RR7 likes this.
  3. AmirIcon

AmirIcon Well-Known Member

Writer, Director, Actor
    Blazers should take whoever is there between Scoot and Miller.

We should hope Miller doesn't have a bad workout when he arrives in Portland. Anyone know when that'll be?

Phatguysrule likes this.
  4. Portland2014

Portland2014 Well-Known Member

5. Pinwheel1

That goes for the boyfriend as well. He doesn't pull out his gun, then it doesn't escalate. No guns are the best scenario.

But Miller at that point had no idea what was going on. His teammate might have been in trouble. How was he supposed to know?

Natebishop3 likes this.
  6. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

this is why I think, even if he isn't charged by the DA, there's a high probability Miller will be sued in civil court. He's about to have very deep pockets. That would be a PR headache for whoever drafts him, especially if he's held to have any significant degree of liability

Natebishop3 and illmatic99 like this.
  7. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

I actually have been getting more excited about Scoot, but I'm concerned he won't be there.

Amen scares me.

Miller would be my choice if Scoot is off the board, but the legal stuff just really puts a bad taste in my mouth.

illmatic99 likes this.
  8. Predator

Predator The Godfather

All it takes is one team to be comfortable with the background they get on Brandon Miller and you'll be able to get something. And probably wouldn't just be one spot.

For all the "blah blah blah" going on, many people have said Miller is the second most talented player in this draft. Many people have also said that if it weren't for the "gun issue" he'd be the clear #2 pick. Many people have also noted that a 6'9 "do-it-all" forward is what every team wants and needs and they're extremely rare to find.

Also Scoot just worked out, so he's the flavor of the day. I'm sure if Brandon works out for us and we show a highlight package of him drilling a million threes and midrange jumpers and dunking he'll be the next flavor of the day.

9. illmatic99

My first instinct if a teammate is in trouble is certainly not to bring him a weapon. Especially if he knowingly concealed it in my car and went drinking after. But then again, I'm pretty anti gun and don't consider it as "protection."

After having actually been in a grocery store last yr while a shooting happened, my thoughts on this stuff are pretty set in stone.

As for Miller, I would rather he and his situation be someone else's headache and dont think his game will translate nearly as well as some think. So he is not worth the hassle even if he is exonerated from a criminal aspect. This whole thing certainly doesn't speak well of his judgement, and his lack of remorse (probably due to AL kissing his ass left and right) is not great either.

RR7 likes this.
  10. Natebishop3

The whole thing just stinks...... and if I didn't already have some reservations about Miller, it might not bother me quite as much. But he has some warts with his game as well. None of it makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

RR7 likes this.
  11. RR7

RR7 Well-Known Member

I don't know if it's since been refuted, I haven't paid a ton of attention since it all happened. Weren't their initial reports that Miller blocked her car, or the car she was riding in, from leaving with his own vehicle?

12. Natebishop3

His handle looks like it's all over the place.

13. Natebishop3

Pretty sure I heard that was debunked.

RR7 and Pinwheel1 like this.
  14. illmatic99

This was refuted albeit from his attorney.

RR7 likes this.
  15. Natebishop3

Isn't there supposedly security footage of the event? I suspect if it was true that he blocked her in, he would have been arrested.

16. Predator

Predator The Godfather

I wonder how the mother feels about the boyfriend flashing a gun at a bunch of guys.

"When you go out to a club with a gun, what do you think is going to happen?"

"When you go out to a club with a gun and flash someone the gun and threaten them, what do you think is going to happen?"

"If the boyfriend didn't bring a gun and threaten a bunch of guys at a club, my daughter would not be dead."

audienorris, BBert and CJ_is_Gone like this.
  17. Pinwheel1

Come on man, you don't know if he lacks remorse. Don't base it on what his lawyers told him to say 4 months later.
    He said right away that it was "heart breaking"

BBert and Natebishop3 like this.
  18. illmatic99

So to get this correct, you think Davis and Miles are justified in shooting at the car?

19. Predator

Predator The Godfather

Apparently, the whole thing is on videotape and that was supposedly debunked.

It was also speculated that the videotape shows that his teammates didn't shoot first, but returned fire.

20. illmatic99

Got it.

But that's the thing. We dont even know how he feels because of how much the college/ his coach/ and lawyers are speaking on his behalf. We don't literally have anything to go by.