All Time Celtics Team (56K Killer)

Discussion in 'Boston Celtics' started by BC, Jul 26, 2003.

1. BC

BC JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting BeLikeMike:</div><div class="quote_post">Bill Russell is a center</div>

I know, but Russell won the voting for best PF, so I put him at PF.

2. Mike D

Mike D JBB JustBBall Member

I believe Paul Pierce has already proven to be a better player than John Havlicek.

3. BC

BC JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Mike D:</div><div class="quote_post">I believe Paul Pierce has already proven to be a better player than John Havlicek.</div>

You have to be kidding, John Havliceck is an all time great, look at all the accolades he has received in his career

Honors: Elected to Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame (1984); NBA champion (1963, '64, '65, '66, '68, '69, '74, '76); NBA Finals MVP (1974); All-NBA First Team (1971, '72, '73, '74); All-NBA Second Team (1964, '66, '68, '69, '70, '75, '76); Five-time All-Defensive First Team (1972-76); Three-time All-Defensive Second Team (1969-71); 13-time All-Star (1966-78); One of 50 Greatest Players in NBA History (1996).

I love watching Pierce play, but Pierce is not yet the player Hondo was.

4. hagrid

hagrid JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">I love watching Pierce play, but Pierce is not yet the player Hondo was.</div>

I have to concur.

Pierce has had and will likely have a fine career. However, right now, it's too early in his career for comparisons to Havlicek. If he continues on this course, there's certainly going to be a conversation about who was better, coming down the road. But for now, I think it's more about hoping that Pierce continues to prove that we're going to get to have that debate someday. [​IMG]

5. ReRun

ReRun JBB JustBBall Member

i need to disagree with your team BC.
    id say
    PG-The Cooz
    SG - Tiny Archibald - I knw he was a PG
    SF - Bird
    PF - Kevin McHale
    C - Bill Russell

6th Man - Robert Parrish

6. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

I'd start McHale at the 4, move Russell to center, and make Cowens the sixth man.

Do Paul Pierce or Antoine Walker make the team? [​IMG]

7. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Mike D:</div><div class="quote_post">I believe Paul Pierce has already proven to be a better player than John Havlicek.</div>

No he hasn't. Havlicek is a hall of famer. If Pierce retired today, he wouldn't make the Hall. You can't even compare Pierce to an all-time great like Havlicek until he plays on a championship caliber team.

8. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting durvasa:</div><div class="quote_post">I'd start McHale at the 4, move Russell to center, and make Cowens the sixth man.

Do Paul Pierce or Antoine Walker make the team? [​IMG]</div>Antoine Walker????

No chance. I'm glad he's not on the 04-05 Celtics team, let alone the All-Time team!

9. flamehead

flamehead JBB JustBBall Rookie Team

antoine walker didnt even contribute alot to boston at all and got eaten in the playoffs. i wouldnt call that derserving for the all time celts team

10. harbingerofdoom

harbingerofdoom JBB JustBBall Member

How can you not include the only player to ever lead the league in scoring and assists in a single season. At least off the bench, but he has got to be mentioned.