Allen Calls Bowen A Sissy Defender

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City Thunder' started by Shapecity, Feb 7, 2004.

1. jbbCourtVision

jbbCourtVision JBB JustBBall Member

I don't know about that. It was known back in Milwakee (spelling) that he doesn't like being defended physically and he didn't drive to the basket. Thats one of the reasons why George Karl and him were fighting in the first place.

2. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting CourtVision:</div><div class="quote_post">I don't know about that. It was known back in Milwakee (spelling) that he doesn't like being defended physically and he didn't drive to the basket. Thats one of the reasons why George Karl and him were fighting in the first place.</div>

Yeah that's a valid point, one that's hard to argue too. But coming out in the press like he did, it does make me wonder a bit, especially now that he's had a lot of experience in the league.

3. jbbCourtVision

jbbCourtVision JBB JustBBall Member

I think coming out in the press to say that was not too smart. Its never good to air out your differences in the media in the first place and to do that would fuel Bowen to keep up what he was doing. But hopefully Allen will respond the next time as well. I have nuff respect for that guy.

4. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

Well it's coming out in the press that makes me think Bowen went over the top (apart from watching the game, haha). Ray's smart, he'll realise it could have repercussions when the teams meet, and he said it anyway. It may have been heat of the moment stuff, who knows?

Best way around this is to shut up and put up a big game next time around against San Antonio.