Allen, Cassell, Redd Catch Up

Discussion in 'Milwaukee Bucks' started by mike18946, Feb 14, 2004.

1. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Guard Ray Allen of the Seattle SuperSonics was returning to the players' hotel in Beverly Hills and was entering the lobby. Minnesota Timberwolves guard Sam Cassell was already in the lobby and Milwaukee Bucks guard Michael Redd was passing through the lobby on his way out.

There they were - Cassell, Redd and Allen, who comprised the Bucks' guard rotation not too long ago - on a collision course.

"It's crazy," said Allen. "I had played golf in the morning and I was coming into the hotel. When I came in, Mike was walking out and Sam was there. We were all three sitting there at the same time."

[​IMG]

</div>

Full Story

2. Henacy

Henacy JBB The Man like Sam

It seems like Ray wished they were all still together. I read another article a few weeks ago where he sound like he wished he could turn back the hands of time. And do the whole Bucks thing over again. But I know Micheal Redd has to be secretly happy they are all gone. He wouldnt have ever gotten a true opportunity to shine at an all-star level. At least the Bucks big three didnt end like Dallas' big 3 from the early 90's (Jamal, Kidd, Jackson) because those cats really seem like they hated each other by the end. But with Ray & Glenn ending their little beef. And The rest of the old bucks from that period of time seeming to be pretty cool with each other, Everybody went their seperate way in a professional manor.

3. Rave

Rave JBB JustBBall Member

I respect all three of them. Great players, great individuals. What they could've had, had they been together would've been special. A spectacle to behold. However it wouldn't have worked, they are all too great as offensive players and therefore need to be Stars on their team and get playing time and handling time of the ball.

Had they all still been together, Redd might've not come out of his shell and an established offense wouldn't be declared. They do what they do for their team, and they do it well. Let's keep it that way, at least this was a light hearted piece of news showing some respect and friendship between players. Thanks for sharing AllNet.

4. CANT STOP ME

CANT STOP ME JBB Probationary User

if they were still together the bucks would be the best in the east.

5. Chucksta

Chucksta JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting CANT STOP ME:</div><div class="quote_post">if they were still together the bucks would be the best in the east.</div>

Umm... NO! Big Dog would screw up the chemistry... Remember the 2001-2002 season... The best offensive team in the east, couldn't even reach the playoffs... Then there's something wrong... [​IMG]

6. adiii

adiii JBB JustBBall Member

that's a cool article. i remember the playoff series between the sixers and bucks, i thought the bucks would have had a better chance against the lakers. but the first game between laker and sixers was a classic.