Allen Crabbe to Undergo Foot Surgery

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Shaboid, May 8, 2017.

1. Boob-No-More

Boob-No-More Why you no hire big man coach?

No, like I said it was a risk. MEM gambled Parsons would get better - and remember, even with the injuries, he had his two best years statistically in DAL. We gambled that Crabbe would improve. We were both wrong.

Because, when healthy, Parsons is a solid third option on a contending team.

Since he has shown absolutely no ability to create his own shot and gets almost all his offense off wide open 3-pointers, due to the defensive attention those two uber high USG players attract, I expect Crabbe would actually struggle as a starter. His raw numbers might go up due to an increased role, but I would be surprised if his efficiency didn't suffer.

In any case, BRK offered him starter money when he's never been a starter. Right now, all he's proven is that he's a mediocre 6th man on a 41-win team. We gambled that he'd at least be a starter quality player even if he's in a 6th man role. So far, he is not.

Well, hopefully those same GMs are willing to take on the contracts of those two one-trick ponies. I guess we'll see.

BNM

2. Boob-No-More

Boob-No-More Why you no hire big man coach?

No he's not. Crabbe is 25 and was 24 when BRK signed him to that offer sheet. He turned 24 on APR 9, 2016 and got the offer in July of that same year.

Also, Barnes was a starter on the best regular season team in NBA history and had won a championship ring as a starter the previous year. Putting up slightly better numbers, as a starter on a 73-win team, at a younger age, is more impressive than being voted the 16th best 6th man in the league on a 44 win team.

Barnes was a proven starter. Crabbe was (and still is) not. At the time, a lot of people thought Cuban was crazy to offer Barnes that kind of money.

But, in the end, Barnes became a 19.2 ppg starter with a PER of 16.3, while Crabbe remains a 10.7 ppg back up with a PER = 11.6.

In the end, Cuban doesn't look so stupid, at least on this one. He let Parsons walk and more than replaced his production with a much younger Harrison Barnes.

BNM

BBert likes this.
  3. santeesioux

santeesioux Just keep on scrolling by

Trolling the internet
    I wish we had given Harrison "Fucking" Barnes that large RFA deal over Crabbe and Turner. With the Nurk trade we'd be set at 4 starting positions and only needing a starting PF, instead of a starting SF too.

Boob-No-More and BBert like this.
  4. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

great thread