Allen Iverson Tribute

Discussion in 'Philadelphia 76ers' started by Really Lost One, Dec 19, 2006.

1. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

Thank you Allen Iverson for all the great memories you have given us in your 10 plus seasons as a Sixer. Even though you are no longer part of the Philadelphia 76ers, your contributions to this team will always make you remembered as the heart and soul of this organization. Although you are no longer part of the organization, we all thank you for the memories you have given us. Best of luck in Denver and in the future of your career.

Use this thread to talk about everything Allen Iverson

[​IMG]

2001 MVP

[​IMG]

00-01 ASG MVP

[​IMG]

05-06 ASG MVP

[​IMG]

Iverson and Larry Brown

[​IMG]

AI vs MJ

[​IMG]

AI vs Vince Carter

[​IMG]

Iverson in Finals Against Lakers

[​IMG]

Sixer for Life

2. Neely

Neely JBB JustBBall Member

From the first time on I saw Iverson playing in a rookie game I knew that is my player as I have never seen anybody before like him. Thanks AI for everything and good luck for your future in Denver!

3. Karma

Karma The Will Must Be Stronger Than The Skill

I think what I'll remember most about him is his play during the 2001 playoffs. The guy was AMAZING. The way he lit up Toronto for 54 when he recieved his MVP was quite a sight, and he has always been there for the Sixers in terms of being the ambassador for the sport in the city.

The move that defines him, atleast in my eyes, is when he made a killer crossover and shot over Tyrone Lue in Game 1 of the NBA Finals, and then proceeded to step over Lue's fallen body. On the tape that I recorded the recap to this game (courtesy of NBA Inside Stuff), Dr.Dre's "Still Dre" instrumental is blaring in the background and that has got to be one of the most defining plays of that year and of Iverson himself as well.

Good luck to him in Denver and although he's not my favourite player specifically, I love his game and I love watching him play.

A lock for the hall of fame for sure.

4. Iggy

Iggy Iggy

Thanks AI for all the memories. You gave you heart and soul into every game, and we will always remember you. You will not be forgotten, good luck in Denver.

5. Pakman

Pakman JBB ITS ON ME!!!

This man was the 76ers.

6. AIFan

AIFan JBB JustBBall Member

Dude ain't dead, he's just gonna be wearing a different jersey.

7. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class="quote_poster">AIFan Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Dude ain't dead, he's just gonna be wearing a different jersey.</div>

I was about to say the same thing....

8. hustler

hustler Revving up the Engine

It just won't be the same, seeing him wearing a different jersey.

Just some random video I found
    Invalid Video Link

9. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

<div class="quote_poster">AIFan Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Dude ain't dead, he's just gonna be wearing a different jersey.</div>

Tribute as a Sixer [​IMG]

10. SteveNash4MVP

SteveNash4MVP BBW Member

Why do you fools wanna show respect to a guy that demanded a trade and wanted out? I'm a Minnesota Viking fan and the second Daunte Culpepper demanded a trade I hated him. I could see if you had to trade him for whatever reason but he just left practice and got all pissy.

I have lost complete respect for Allen Iverson.

11. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class="quote_poster">kris13nash Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Why do you fools wanna show respect to a guy that demanded a trade and wanted out? I'm a Minnesota Viking fan and the second Daunte Culpepper demanded a trade I hated him. I could see if you had to trade him for whatever reason but he just left practice and got all pissy.

I have lost complete respect for Allen Iverson.</div>

Because he is not at fault here. Everyone wanted to see AI get a ring and now they get a chance to see it. This is the prime example of management gone bad. Last off-season the 76ers made no move to try and improve this team besides drafting Carney. It's like Iverson said he just wants to win. He never insulted the fans or the city he was an icon here why disrespect him?

12. tremaine

tremaine To Win, Be Like Fitz

writer, accountant & part time economist
  13. AIFan

AIFan JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">GameFace Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I was about to say the same thing....</div>LOL. I know the point here, I was just being precocious.

<div class="quote_poster">hustler Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">It just won't be the same, seeing him wearing a different jersey.
    </div>Yeah, it'll be a little weird, but I'll get used to it real quick.

<div class="quote_poster">Brian Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Tribute as a Sixer [​IMG]</div>I know, I was just being a smart guy.
    I wish he could have stayed a Sixer for life, not many elite athletes get that opprotunity.
    <div class="quote_poster">kris13nash Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Why do you fools wanna show respect to a guy that demanded a trade and wanted out?

I have lost complete respect for Allen Iverson.</div>First of all, i'm nobody's fool. I respect the man because he has earned it. He single handedly brought that organization back from the basement and took them to within 3 victories of becoming world champions. He carried that team for 10 years, 6 of which they had shopped him around, even technically trading him at one point, and through it all he stayed loyal. He stuck around far longer than I expected, and even in the face of adversity he gave his heart and soul to a team that steadily looked for ways to get rid of him.

Iverson had every right to demand the trade after being told he would be made inactive for those two games, even though he was ready to go. He felt like he wasn't wanted anymore so why stick around when you feel that way? AI didn't go to the media and tell the world he wanted a trade, he did what he's done his whole career and dealt with it in-house, telling management about his wants and wishes. It was them who went to the media and aired it out, so how can you fault AI for that?

14. Sex Panther

Sex Panther works every time.

Ask.
    I remember watching Iverson in his sophomore season at Georgetown and knew at that moment: he's special. I followed him throughout his career and has always been one of my favorites, best of luck to him in Denver.

P.S. stay away from the white women.

15. SteveNash4MVP

SteveNash4MVP BBW Member

Allen Iverson is a punk thugg and the NBA doesn't need players like him.
    He should try showing up for practice.

16. Karma

Karma The Will Must Be Stronger Than The Skill

<div class="quote_poster">kris13nash Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Allen Iverson is a punk thugg and the NBA doesn't need players like him.
    He should try showing up for practice.</div>

I think you make some of the most ignorant comments that I've seen on this board. First the Laker thread and now this.

17. SteveNash4MVP

SteveNash4MVP BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Karma Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I think you make some of the most ignorant comments that I've seen on this board. First the Laker thread and now this.</div>

I'll admit, I can't get pretty arrogant at times but still. Do you guys really have respect for this guy? Hes a thugg. Hes trash. He gives it his best but hes a punk. The NBA doesn't need players like him. If he wouls straiten up his image and be a true PG then I would have some respect for him.

18. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

^If you don't have anything relevant or positive to say about Iverson in this thread, don't trash up the thread with your ignorant comments, and let us who actually care discuss it.

19. Kafiah

Kafiah JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">kris13nash Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I'll admit, I can't get pretty arrogant at times but still. Do you guys really have respect for this guy? Hes a thugg. Hes trash. He gives it his best but hes a punk. The NBA doesn't need players like him. If he wouls straiten up his image and be a true PG then I would have some respect for him.</div>

Hmmm, I don't know if you remember or just not knew but do you know of the incident of which a fan was killed because he had on an A.I. jersey? You know what A.I. did? He helped pay for the funeral and other services, he was planning to go to the funeral itself but was unable to because of a scheduled game. Is that what you would call trash?

Also I think that you think he's trash because you fall into that stereotypical view that Stern does. "Gangsters are bad etc. etc." It's an image and a lifestyle - not necessarily a good one but still, don't talk unless you know it. Just because they're part of that image doesn't mean they don't have heart, skill, or just in general it doesn't mean that they aren't good.

20. SteveNash4MVP

SteveNash4MVP BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Smitty Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">^If you don't have anything relevant or positive to say about Iverson in this thread, don't trash up the thread with your ignorant comments, and let us who actually care discuss it.</div>

This is relevant! I was just asking why you guys still respect this punk? JEEZE!